[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts v. Boltz thread

McBoog

Chargers 31 Colts 24.

i see two picks for Peyton and Addai getting stuffed.

You HAVE to be looking for a D or ST TD thrown in there. I don't see our Chargers putting up a straight 31 on that defense in that dome with those fans...

But I hope you are right! :D

I'll be cheering hard for the Chargers. I think they have a legitimate shot to pull off the upset. Hardly any of the so-called "experts" are giving the Chargers a chance in this game, and some are looking for a blowout. I think the Chargers have enough talent to keep it close and even win this thing. The combination of solid and physical DB play with Cromartie and Jammer (and Florence), coupled with a fierce pass rush from Merriman and Phillips on the edge and Castillo, Williams, and Olshansky up the middle is essential in counteracting the Colts talented receiving corp and mastery of Manning. I'm hoping the Colts come out a little rusty after basically a 2-week bye given that their starters barely played against the Titans. Our defense has to play well to keep us in the game.

Points have been hard to come by against a stingy and athletic Colts defensive unit for all teams, not just the Chargers. Obviously, Phillip Rivers has to play a strong game for us to have a chance and I think he'll play ok. He showed up big in big games throughout college and I think he's played fairly well in the 2 playoff games he's played in (against the Patriots last year on a foot that required surgery and against the TItans this year). If the OLine gives Rivers time, he can make plays. LT hasn't torched the Colts on the ground in the past, but he's been solid and done some damage in the air and scored some TDs on them. I think the Chargers need to find a way to get him out in his space and get him involved in the passing game. I actually think Michael Turner is the type of back who may be more effective on the ground against the Colts smaller and quicker defense. Turner is extremely physical and powerful and can punish tacklers. He's had some pretty good success against the Colts. Although I doubt the Chargers would do it, since they haven't all season, I'd love to see them pair up LT and Turner in the same backfield, then put LT in motion. If Sanders vacates the box to cover LT, then punish the Colts up the middle with Turner. If Sanders plays the run and an LB is matched up against LT, then get the ball to LT. Just mix it up and be creative.

The Chargers special teams were the difference the last time they played and they need to continue to play well to win the field position battle. We can't expect 2 more TDs from Sproles, but some strong returns on kickoffs and punts can be had with the explosive Sproles. The Colts are no doubt taking special teams seriously and have recognized an area of need by acknowledging that some defensive starters will be playing in the coverage units.

Colts backers and the national media continue to cite the number of injuries the Colts had in the last game. True, the Colts were decimated, but the Chargers were also missing Pro Bowl center (from last year) Nick Hardwick in that game and talented players in Castillo and Jammer. It's not like the Chargers were totally healthy in that game either. Yes, this game will be completely different. I'm just saying they have a chance. Go Chargers!

Chargers 27, Colts 24

I'll be cheering hard for the Chargers. I think they have a legitimate shot to pull off the upset. Hardly any of the so-called "experts" are giving the Chargers a chance in this game, and some are looking for a blowout. I think the Chargers have enough talent to keep it close and even win this thing. The combination of solid and physical DB play with Cromartie and Jammer (and Florence), coupled with a fierce pass rush from Merriman and Phillips on the edge and Castillo, Williams, and Olshansky up the middle is essential in counteracting the Colts talented receiving corp and mastery of Manning. I'm hoping the Colts come out a little rusty after basically a 2-week bye given that their starters barely played against the Titans. Our defense has to play well to keep us in the game.

Points have been hard to come by against a stingy and athletic Colts defensive unit for all teams, not just the Chargers. Obviously, Phillip Rivers has to play a strong game for us to have a chance and I think he'll play ok. He showed up big in big games throughout college and I think he's played fairly well in the 2 playoff games he's played in (against the Patriots last year on a foot that required surgery and against the TItans this year). If the OLine gives Rivers time, he can make plays. LT hasn't torched the Colts on the ground in the past, but he's been solid and done some damage in the air and scored some TDs on them. I think the Chargers need to find a way to get him out in his space and get him involved in the passing game. I actually think Michael Turner is the type of back who may be more effective on the ground against the Colts smaller and quicker defense. Turner is extremely physical and powerful and can punish tacklers. He's had some pretty good success against the Colts. Although I doubt the Chargers would do it, since they haven't all season, I'd love to see them pair up LT and Turner in the same backfield, then put LT in motion. If Sanders vacates the box to cover LT, then punish the Colts up the middle with Turner. If Sanders plays the run and an LB is matched up against LT, then get the ball to LT. Just mix it up and be creative.

The Chargers special teams were the difference the last time they played and they need to continue to play well to win the field position battle. We can't expect 2 more TDs from Sproles, but some strong returns on kickoffs and punts can be had with the explosive Sproles. The Colts are no doubt taking special teams seriously and have recognized an area of need by acknowledging that some defensive starters will be playing in the coverage units.

Colts backers and the national media continue to cite the number of injuries the Colts had in the last game. True, the Colts were decimated, but the Chargers were also missing Pro Bowl center (from last year) Nick Hardwick in that game and talented players in Castillo and Jammer. It's not like the Chargers were totally healthy in that game either. Yes, this game will be completely different. I'm just saying they have a chance. Go Chargers!

Chargers 27, Colts 24

Wow!! :D

Wow!! :D

Nice. That's gotta feel good man.

:D

I was with a few Charger fans at a bar Saturday night for the Packers and Pats games. I was jawing about how the Colts were going to win. Anyway, I owe those guys a hearty handshake.

:wacko:

Luckily I was also jawing about the impending Cowboys loss.