[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SEC SEC SEC

Rockerbraves

Hear that? It's SEC pride. Congratulations to the LSU Tigers and thank you for representing the SEC in the title game this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJiMtKGaw6Q

At the various college football forums I've being seeing a lot of confusion from other conferences about LSU's promotion of the SEC after their win. I'll say the same thing here that I said there: if you're not an SEC fan, you won't get it. The SEC is the best conference in the nation year after year. Our teams will do absolutely anything to knock each other out of bowl games and championships. However, should an SEC team make it through the gauntlet, we cheer for them.

Our message is "we've prepared you. You have no excuse not to be ready for this game. Show the nation what the SEC is about and get the trophy." SEC pride is independent of pride for our individual teams. For the 2nd year in a row people have witnessed just how prepared the SEC gets you for big games. This is a 2 loss team that demolished the "#1 defense in the nation" and best team from the Big 10. When people proclaim the SEC is over-rated and that it does NOT have a speed advantage, we leave it to our teams to prove otherwise. And they do.

The athleticism and competition that exists in Southeastern Conference football is unmatched. Period :D

I still can't imagine letting out a big 'Pac10' chant at a Rose Bowl game, after my Trojans just won another one big. I'm always too busy flashing the glorious V for vicotry and humming Conquest.

Has anyone else heard a conference chant - instead of one for the individual team - at any other major bowl? To me, it only proves there are a lot of inbred folks down there in the south, and I hope that's where they stay...

Edit to add: some smart local kids, i.e. Booty and McKnight, apparently can see past the chanting and get the hell outta Dodge asap. And would I still be happy if those kids go to a rival Pac10 school? Hell no, I'm only happy when they come to USC... :D

Edited by Coffeeman

At the various college football forums I've being seeing a lot of confusion from other conferences about LSU's promotion of the SEC after their win. I'll say the same thing here that I said there: if you're not an SEC fan, you won't get it. Our teams will do absolutely anything to knock each other out of bowl games and championships. However, should an SEC team make it through the gauntlet, we cheer for them.

I still can't imagine letting out a big 'Pac10' chant at a Rose Bowl game, after my Trojans just won another one big. I'm always too busy flashing the glorious V for vicotry and humming Conquest.

Has anyone else heard a conference chant - instead of one for the individual team - at any other major bowl? To me, it only proves there are a lot of inbred folks down there in the south, and I hope that's where they stay...

Edit to add: some smart local kids, i.e. Booty and McKnight, apparently can see past the chanting and get the hell outta Dodge asap. And would I still be happy if those kids go to a rival Pac10 school? Hell no, I'm only happy when they come to USC... :D

I think the second quote very nicely proves the first quote. I was rooting like hell for LSU against Ohio State. It was nothing against Ohio State and I don't hold any love for LSU. But, it's SEC--and to those of us who went to SEC schools, that matters.

:D

Thank GAWD there are LSU fans like Slayer and Tbimm that show a little class when their team wins.

TOS glad to see you made it back safe and sound. From what I can gather it sounds like you had a nice trip aside from the game. Guess you didn't see any LSU fans beating up old ladies and thank GAWD you wern't hit with a urine bags.

Seriously welcome back. :D

I look at it like this... each game their are 2 teams. 9 times out of 10 I will be rooting for one team over the other. Iowa vs anyone, I'm rooting for Iowa. But if its a non-Iowa game, I have to root for someone. Why not teams that I'm familiar with, and grew up watching? Iowa really doesn't have an ARCH rival, that is do or die. Iowa State is more like an annoying little brother. Minnesota probably comes closest, but the Gophers haven't done much over the years, certainly nothing in my lifetime, to warrant being a true rival. I probably enjoy beating them more than any other team. Wisconsin is a pretty big rival, but it just isn't THAT big. So what am I supposed to do? BTW, I doubt you would ever find too many Auburn fans pulling for Alabama or vice versa. That is a rivalry that is built on pure hatred.

SEC is a joke. Most overrated conference in the country, Id put the Big 12 in order 1-12 against the SEC 1=12, and I bet it would be 8-4 or 9-3 Big 12.

OU would kick the sh*t outta LSU

Missouri would punk GA\

Tex would stomp FLA

Kansas would pummel Ten

and so on.

Hell Okie St would beat Kentucky by 3 scores.

Its ridiculous how overmatched the SEC would be if they had to face the Big 12 in this format.

SEC is a joke. Most overrated conference in the country, Id put the Big 12 in order 1-12 against the SEC 1=12, and I bet it would be 8-4 or 9-3 Big 12.

Missouri would punk GA\

Tex would stomp FLA

Kansas would pummel Ten

and so on.

Its ridiculous how overmatched the SEC would be if they had to face the Big 12 in this format.

It must be very hard to watch the best team in the country get beat most years in a BCS bowl game by an overmatched opponent. It also seems that every time you make these "certain" predictions, you end up wrong. I know that you are not always wrong, it just feels that way.

I have a hard time understanding the hatred of the SEC. I know rocker grates on some people, but I don't think that alone is cause for such intense dislike of the SEC. Certainly the media loves the SEC, but still, does that create such hate? I am at a loss.

I have a hard time understanding the hatred of the SEC. I know rocker grates on some people, but I don't think that alone is cause for such intense dislike of the SEC. Certainly the media loves the SEC, but still, does that create such hate? I am at a loss.

I don't hate the SEC. Does that count?

Missouri would punk GA\

Tex would stomp FLA

Kansas would pummel Ten

and so on.

Sarge, you are on funny mf. Listen, I am the first to give the Big 12 props this year- only bc they had a nice top end with Mizzou, Kan, OU and Texas - but the rest of yer league is a joke - the mid to back end is flat out awful.... yer barking up the wrong tree with this SEC hate - and no, OU would not kick the chit outta LSU....

LSU over OU

UGA over Mizzou

Texas over FLA - will give ya that one

Ten over KU

yer backwater league is 1-3 here partnah.

Sarge, you are on funny mf. Listen, I am the first to give the Big 12 props this year- only bc they had a nice top end with Mizzou, Kan, OU and Texas - but the rest of yer league is a joke - the mid to back end is flat out awful.... yer barking up the wrong tree with this SEC hate - and no, OU would not kick the chit outta LSU....

LSU over OU

UGA over Mizzou

Ten over KU

I appreciate the props, but you are seriously mistaken. OU and Missori would not only win those games, it would be in blowout fashion.

The media loves the SEC, and that is the only reason LSU backed into that game. Did OSU deserve to be there, probably not. But neither did LSU. In a playoff format neither of those teams make it to that game. Luckily for the SEC, there hasnt been a playoff the past 2 years.

It must be very hard to watch the best team in the country get beat most years in a BCS bowl game by an overmatched opponent. It also seems that every time you make these "certain" predictions, you end up wrong. I know that you are not always wrong, it just feels that way.

I dont hate the SEC, just the idiots who boast its better than the rest of college football. In a playoff format no SEC teams makes the NC game. But in a mythical BCS format, where the media loves the SEC, those teams back in to the title game, where they dont belong. But to be honest, OSU proved it didnt belong either, which is why a playoff is needed even more. THe NCAA is giving out NC's like beauty contests. Its not substance, but hype. And its getting old.

LSU over OU

UGA over Mizzou

Ten over KU

:D Sorry man but I think you got it switched up a bit. LSU would beat OU (apparently, per bowl results) and UGA would probably take care of Mizzou, but having watched UT all year (and being a somewhat more-than-casual fan), I don't think they could beat Florida. And I think Kansas would beat Tennessee.

:D Sorry man but I think you got it switched up a bit. LSU would beat OU (apparently, per bowl results) and UGA would probably take care of Mizzou, but having watched UT all year (and being a somewhat more-than-casual fan), I don't think they could beat Florida. And I think Kansas would beat Tennessee.

all good- either way it is 3-1 SEC. I think FLA/UT would be a toss up - and I think Tenn/KU would be as well- but hey, after this year,

Chit D Michigan dummied FLA- OF COURSE yer Horns could beat the Gators! cmon now.

peeps can hate all they want on the SEC, there is just no denying it was a strong conference this year.period.

Edited by wildcat2334

Missouri would punk GA\

Tex would stomp FLA

Kansas would pummel Ten

and so on.

:wacko: Wow. Gotta hand it to you. You are consistent aren't you. I mean, you should enjoy the success the Big 12 had this year. Especially after what a sorry excuse they were last year. None the less... If your pathetic, poorly coached, over-rated team goes 0-4 in it's last 4 BCS games, you need to cease making any claims over any legitimate teams immediately. :D:D