[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants vs. Cowboys Sig Bet

Cowboyz1

Let's get it on fellas.

Sig line or Avy or what ever we figure out.

Here is how it goes down.

The Giants beat the Tampa Bay Bucs, yeah so what. The Bucs had little offense to worry about and that Tampa 2 was not played most of the game. The Bucs average 20 points a game while the Cowboys average almost 30. The Bucs O line is not half a good as the Cowboys'. The Cowboys Offense is much better then the Bucs as is their defense.

5 things that will happen on Sunday

1. Mini Manning will get pressured into 2 picks

2. Mini Manning will get sacked 5 times and fumble at least once

3. Romo will get sacked no more then once and complete 75% of his passes

4. Cowboys O line will DOMINATE the Giants Defensive front

5. Glenn will score on a 40+ yard play

The Cowboys will have both Newman and Henry in the Secondary which will control Plax and Toomer. No Shockey means the rookie Boss will have to play up to Shockey's level in his first playoff game. Not going to happen. The Cowboys defensive front will pressure Eli all game long and may even knock him silly a few times as they did in the last game when Spencer threw him around like a rag doll. Ware and Ellis will be all over Eli and he will crumble as always.

TO is a big part of our Offense and will be sorely missed if he dosent't play but my money is on him to be out there. Glenn is the X factor and by now he is ready and will make a difference in the game.

The Giants just went on the road last week and are on the road again this week. That has to take it's toll while the Cowboys are rested and ready to rumble for 60+ minutes. They will be fresh and sharp on Sunday. A rested and hungry Cowboys team will dominate at home with explosive play on both sides of the ball.

Romo will throw for 300+ yards and spread the ball around all day which will open up the running lanes for Barber late in the game when the Giant D is tuckered out from being on the field all night.

I am not worried about the Giants at all and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this game is a blow out. If TO were healthy, it would be a blow out. Fact is the Giants Defensive line is no match for the dominate Offensive line of the Cowboys and the Giants O line is banged up and will not be able to stop Ware and Ellis from hounding poor ole Mini Manning. In two games the Giants have not been able to get to Romo as Strahan was dominated by Colombo and Adams handled OSI. Tuck will be running into a 366 pound wall in Davis and stood up by Barber if he makes it that far. This game comes down to the O lines and pressure and Giants won't get any and the Cowboys will, period. That is the difference in this game with or without TO, Romo with time beats Mini Manning with out it, especially with Newman and Henry back healthy and the game being in Texas Stadium.

Prediction:

Cowboys win pulling away with Barber finishing them off. Romo has a game for the ages and proves he belongs in the elite QB club.

Cowboys 31 Giants 17

Edited by Cowboyz1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, you know I'm in. Sig bet?

Some thoughts...

1. No mention of Jacobs and Bradshaw? I actually think the Giants running the ball to control the clock is critical.

2. TO will probably play, but won't be 100%. That hurts.

3. The Cowboys haven't looked that good lately and I think the time off only further contributes to this.

4. The Giants have some serious momentum going with a big win at TB and playing the Pats tough.

I think this game will be a lot closer than you think. Admittedly, the Giants will have to bring their A game to pull out a W, but I believe it's possible.

Oh, you know I'm in. Sig bet?

Some thoughts...

1. No mention of Jacobs and Bradshaw? I actually think the Giants running the ball to control the clock is critical.

2. TO will probably play, but won't be 100%. That hurts.

3. The Cowboys haven't looked that good lately and I think the time off only further contributes to this.

4. The Giants have some serious momentum going with a big win at TB and playing the Pats tough.

I think this game will be a lot closer than you think. Admittedly, the Giants will have to bring their A game to pull out a W, but I believe it's possible.

OH YEAH, Welcome back Soop. Now is this a great time of year or what?

For the record Soop did NOT skip out on the previous bet in week 10 as he did show up late but put the sig line on for the remainder of the season from what I remember. Good job Soop, I knew you were gonna make good.

Anyhow, let's dance for the final time of the season.

Not worried about Bradshaw or Jacobs. The Cowboys D against the run is solid and Jacobs always seems to get hurt from all the pounding he takes. Also not worried about the sputtering O as Garrett surely has a few tricks up his sleave for this one and the last few games were very vanilla as you know we had things pretty wrapped up by week 14. Momemtum Smomentum, they played the Bucs and they are not the Cowboys and their on the road so they will be dulled energy wise. This game comes down to Manning and how he deals with the enourmous pressure he will be under. The running game will not help him. Wade also has a few defensive tricks up his sleave for this one also and with a healty Secondary and Ware and Elllis to execute them, I believe the Giants O is going to be in serious trouble.

Should be a good game for the first half anyway but the second half will be all Boys.

I would wish you good luck but luck will have nothing to do with it and I really don't see the Giants able to muster enough to keep this one close.

It's on and that is all that matters.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Not worried about Bradshaw or Jacobs. The Cowboys D against the run is solid and Jacobs always seems to get hurt from all the pounding he takes.

I think Bradshaw is the one to worry about. I was reading somewhere that he's the only guy the 'Boys haven't seen yet this year. He could be sneaky trouble.

I think Bradshaw is the one to worry about. I was reading somewhere that he's the only guy the 'Boys haven't seen yet this year. He could be sneaky trouble.

The Cowboys D has stopped every back they have faced save a couple missed tackles, one against Grant, and when Portis went for 104 in the last game of the season when the Cowboys were sleeping. The run D is very strong and the Giants won't rush for 100 in this one.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Usually I don't do these things but I'll take part this time. Oh and let's keep it to a sigline bet. Let's roll!!!

Usually I don't do these things but I'll take part this time. Oh and let's keep it to a sigline bet. Let's roll!!!

That'a the spirit Irish. Lock and load baby, lock and Load. :D

Man this game his HUGE and I am so excited I can't stand it.

That'a the spirit Irish. Lock and load baby, lock and Load. :D

Man this game his HUGE and I am so excited I can't stand it.

I'm right there with you. I am so pumped about this game because a win here has us one game closer to the SuperBowl and in the NFC Championship game!!! I don't know how I'd be if the Boyz actually made it to the Big Show. I have really enjoyed SB Sunday over the last bunch of years but if the Cowboys were to get back there, I think I'd be as anxious and as amped up as one of the players. I'm not even sure i'd be able to enjoy the game. :D However, I don't want to get ahead of myself, one game at a time.

Just a little tid bit for you Giant fans to chew on. The New York Giants are 1-5 against NFL playoff teams during the regular season. That's 1-5. Now you can say 2-5 if you count last weeks Bucs.

Edited by Cowboyz1

just wanted to mention that

Giants win 27-24

Not saying it can't happen but every single star would have to be aligned for that to happen.

Yea, because Dallas finished the season red-hot, NY sucked, and Dallas's biggest play-maker doesn't have any injury concerns. :D

I am not disagreeing with you but NY was pretty hot when Dallas went into NJ for game 2 this year after the Giants Bye and beat them handily. TO is the only concern here IMO. If you get him for a good portion of the game and he is not just a decoy Dallas will win by 10+

Yea, because Dallas finished the season red-hot, NY sucked, and Dallas's biggest play-maker doesn't have any injury concerns. :D

Adding in those factors and my statement still doesn't change. The Giants need to play a hell of a game to win this week. The Cowboys can beat them with less then their best. Time will tell won't it.

I am not disagreeing with you but NY was pretty hot when Dallas went into NJ for game 2 this year after the Giants Bye and beat them handily. TO is the only concern here IMO. If you get him for a good portion of the game and he is not just a decoy Dallas will win by 10+

Exactly. TO will play and I agree with Cowboyz in that I feel Glenn will make a much bigger impact then expected. If the Giants get off to a slow start like they did against the Bucs, things just might get ugly very quickly.

Man this thread really got my juices flowing. Man I am so pumped I can't stand it. If it weren't for TO needing the extra days to heal up I would be wishing this game to be sooner. I can't wait for Sunday. I find myself hyperventilating when I think of Sunday in front of a 50" plasma and my Cowboys taking on the Giants for a shot at the NFC Championship. MAN O MAN it's been SOOOOOOO long since I had this feeling. Brings me back to the good ole days when we played SF in SF when Harper salted the game away with that Slant.

I can't believe we are on the eve of a great and glorious game.

Hell I need medication................... :D

Man this thread really got my juices flowing. Man I am so pumped I can't stand it. If it weren't for TO needing the extra days to heal up I would be wishing this game to be sooner. I can't wait for Sunday. I find myself hyperventilating when I think of Sunday in front of a 50" plasma and my Cowboys taking on the Giants for a shot at the NFC Championship. MAN O MAN it's been SOOOOOOO long since I had this feeling. Brings me back to the good ole days when we played SF in SF when Harper salted the game away with that Slant.

:D:wacko:

:D

I feel you dawg. I'll need sedation for the Packer game.

Yep Cowboyz. I am so psyched for this weekend. I live in NJ so I am battling Giants fans daily. Including my dad. My brother , who brainwashed me as a child as to almost all of my favorite teams, is pissing me off this week because he is reading too much into the Jessica Simpson nonsense

IF the Cowboys lose and Barber doesn't touch the ball more than 20 times, it will be a major choke job.

Barber not receiving more touches has perplexed me as well. He should be the main RB as he's just better in ever facet of the game/position.