[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is LSU a Dynasty?

Rockerbraves

Bite again Professor. Arkansas didn't play USC. :D

Yes they did. You would rather forget because it was another example of how SC would dominate the SEC. Your question was "tell us all these great teams that SC has played outside their conference that LSU doesn't play year in and year out". The first team that came to mind was the same team that ran through the LSU porous defense this year .... Arkansas. USC dominated Arkanas on their home turf 50-14 last season. A stronger Arkansas team in 06 then 07. Bite that :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Own their conference! What does that tell you? One could easily speculate that LSU would have also breezed thru the Pac 10 based on LSU's recent 4-0 record vs. Pac 10 teams. And yes Brian two of those wins were road wins.

If you want to speculate on what if playoffs LSU was awarded ESPN's NC last season.

Please tell us who are all these great teams that USC has beaten outside their conference that LSU doesn't play year in and year out?

All I can say is USC. Has a cup cake schedule year in and year out. They change conferences. They will start losing games and getting their head caved in. But even if they were offered to leave they wouldn't leave. For one reason and one reason only. They know thats a true statement I just made.

Well, for starters, there's no team that plays a murderer's row of OOC games but USC tries harder than most. Last year, for instance, they played 3 OOC games. Nebraska and Arkansas both played in their conference finals and Notre Dame was in a BCS game. Now, I realize that Nebraska hasn't really been good in a while and ND was a paper tiger, but that beats the hell out of the swag that most top teams schedule and there was not a non BCS conference school in the bunch.

Further, they completely handled all of them and the Arkansas team that they simply crushed is 1-1 with two very close games against LSU over the last two years.

Of course, nobody's OOC schedule ever compares to their post season OOC and USC has certainly taken care of business. For the same reason that you have to give credit to LSU and UGA for it's victories against weak BCS opponents because they made absolutely no doubt of who was far and away the better team, you have to do the same for USC. Totally crushing then undefeated OU in the NC game. I mean crushing them the way you crush directional state U. Then toying with a Michigan team that some thought should be playing for the title before running them off the field. Then doing the same to Ill this year. The lone blemish, a last minute loss to an equally great Texas team. A game that they actually let slip away regardless. Prior to that, they easily took care of previously top 5 opponents in their other bowl games.

Now, I've gone on record as saying that USC would not dominate the SEC the way they have the Pac 10. But let's not fool ourselves into thinking they'd "get their head caved in". I think that USC would be the best team in that conference. Only, in the SEC, that just means you win it more often than others, not every year.

Edited by detlef

Yes they did. You would rather forget because it was another example of how SC would dominate the SEC. Your question was "tell us all these great teams that SC has played outside their conference that LSU doesn't play year in and year out". The first team that came to mind was the same team that ran through the LSU porous defense this year .... Arkansas. USC dominated Arkanas on their home turf 50-14 last season. A stronger Arkansas team in 06 then 07. Bite that :D

Sorry Professor take yet another bite. LSU also beat the Hogs up in Arkansas that year. :D

Well, for starters, there's no team that plays a murderer's row of OOC games but USC tries harder than most. Last year, for instance, they played 3 OOC games. Nebraska and Arkansas both played in their conference finals and Notre Dame was in a BCS game. Now, I realize that Nebraska hasn't really been good in a while and ND was a paper tiger, but that beats the hell out of the swag that most top teams schedule and there was not a non BCS conference school in the bunch.

Not sure what your point is here. Ironically LSU beat 2 of the 3 you mentioned last year as well. One could only conclude using logic that LSU would have beaten the boys of Nebraska as well.

All I can say is USC. Has a cup cake schedule year in and year out. They change conferences. They will start losing games and getting their head caved in. But even if they were offered to leave they wouldn't leave. For one reason and one reason only. They know thats a true statement I just made.

Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian are you talking bout?? the Pac 10 and USC plays the toughest schedules every year - beat it .

While they ran over the rest of the country, they struggled, and dropped games in the Pac 10

Did they run them off the field and win by 36? Or did they beat them by less than a TD and get out-gained by them.

Don't want to get into point swapping since LSU did whoop ND in New Orleans by more than USC did at home, but just for kicks.

Didn't USC play Arkansas like the 1st game of the season when McFadden wasn't near 100%?

Did LSU play Arkansas on national TV in what can only be describe as the Hogs most meaningful home conference game since entering the SEC?

agreed this year, only due to ND, Nebraska being terrible.

You just can't argue with their NC sched year in year out. they go play people. period.

Not exactly sure who you think they played that makes you think their schedule is so much tougher than what LSU faces every season. Yeah they played ND and yes they did play Nebraska but neither of those teams have exactly been tearing it up of late.

Not exactly sure who you think they played that makes you think their schedule is so much tougher than what LSU faces every season. Yeah they played ND and yes they did play Nebraska but neither of those teams have exactly been tearing it up of late.

I got it. The SEC is so freakkin tough that LSU doesn't need to go on the road and play tough NC games- ok.........

ND and Neb shat the bed in 2008- BUT coming into the season they both had high expectations- happens.

ok, can we turn the page on this chit.............

Well, for starters, there's no team that plays a murderer's row of OOC games but USC tries harder than most.

Must agree with this, USC does make an effort to schedule solid OOC games, they haven't panned out with Notre Dame, but who'd of thought the Irish would have been so horrible under Weis? USC gets a Home and Home with the Bucks starting next year, is another example of Carrol not dodging anyone. I have been encouraged by the Bucks scheduling Texas, USC, OU and Miami , and while the rest of the OCC games are in state viable D-II programs, it's nice to see such big games early. In 2005 and 2006, the Texas/OSU game set up NC bids. I'd say the 2009/2010 USC/OSU game will do the same. I still don't feel that OCC games matter for any team in a BCS conference, any team undefeated gets a shot at the NC game, so you really can't blame any of these programs for a light OCC schedule and focusing just on conference play.

Oh Rocker I forgot something ............ OWNED :D

Oh Rocker I forgot something ............ OWNED :D

You are too easy. :D

(Your question was "tell us all these great teams that SC has played outside their conference that LSU doesn't play year in and year out".)

LSU and Arkansas play year in and year out Professsor. :wacko:

See I remember you like to be called Professor. :D

You are too easy. :D

(Your question was "tell us all these great teams that SC has played outside their conference that LSU doesn't play year in and year out".)

LSU and Arkansas play year in and year out Professsor. :wacko:

See I remember you like to be called Professor. :D

As I said ......... OWNED!! :D

USC doesn't play anyone?

2002: Auburn, Kansas State, Colorado, Notre Dame

2003: Auburn

2004: Va Tech (BCS team)

2005: Arkansas (I think USC just score another one) Notre Dame

2006: Arkansas, Notre Dame

By my count, USC is also 4-0 vs SEC so that washes that argument. And USC beat Iowa at the Orange Bowl, and it pains me to say this, but that was more like a road game for USC, because Iowa re-named that place Kinnick South. You could tell, by how many Orange seats there were in the 4th quarter. Once again, the win over Oklahoma in the 05 Orange Bowl, also trumps anything LSU ever did in bowls, simply because they were undefeated going into that game, and proved how good they were by shutting down Vince Young. That might very well have been the best OU team, certainly in the Stoops era. USC, while getting virtual home games. How many conference champions did LSU beat on that list? Illinois and Ohio State. Even in 2003, they didn't even knock off the best of the Big 12 to win their first BCS NC. Which is probably why USC was #1 in both AP and Coaches before the bowls started.

USC doesn't play anyone?

2002: Auburn, Kansas State, Colorado, Notre Dame

2003: Auburn

2004: Va Tech (BCS team)

2005: Arkansas (I think USC just score another one) Notre Dame

2006: Arkansas, Notre Dame

Take out the teams LSU plays each and every year and what do you have? :D

Keep in mind, I'm not attempting to down grade USC accomplishments just making a point it's no better than what LSU has accomplished this decade. They are both at the top IMO.

Don't want to get into point swapping since LSU did whoop ND in New Orleans by more than USC did at home, but just for kicks.

Didn't USC play Arkansas like the 1st game of the season when McFadden wasn't near 100%?

Did LSU play Arkansas on national TV in what can only be describe as the Hogs most meaningful home conference game since entering the SEC?

Tell me you're not serious.

LSU beat ND by 7 more points than USC did. Meanwhile USC beat ARK by 31 pts more than LSU did ON ESPN (which is BTW Natl. TV).

Next...

Tell me you're not serious.

LSU beat ND by 7 more points than USC did. Meanwhile USC beat ARK by 31 pts more than LSU did ON ESPN (which is BTW Natl. TV).

Next...

Looks like the Pac10 in you is coming out. Was hoping you would come up with something better than that. Are you telling me that the LSU November confernce game wasn't a bigger test than USC coming into Arkansas in September. Playing against a Hog team that didn't even know if McFadden could play? If so then you might want to look up why USC didn't make it to the BCS NC game that year. :D

Looks like the Pac10 in you is coming out. Was hoping you would come up with something better than that. Are you telling me that the LSU November confernce game wasn't a bigger test than USC coming into Arkansas in September. Playing against a Hog team that didn't even know if McFadden could play? If so then you might want to look up why USC didn't make it to the BCS NC game that year. :D

Just playing by your rules. You were the one that bothered bringing up the fact that LSU beat ND by 7 whole points more than USC did. Just thought it fair to mention that USC beat Ark by 31 more points than LSU did.

So, by your logic, can we discredit the pasting LSU laid on V Tech this year since it was early in the season?

That isn't the Pac-10 homer in me coming out. Just the blinders coming off. Come into the light, it is glorious.

It should also be noted, that LSU themselves whooped ND at home. I think we can all agree, Notre Dame just plain old got whooped in both games, and by Michigan IN SOUTH BEND. USC was better than Michigan, so what makes you think they weren't better than LSU? Bottom line is Notre Dame was ultra soft in 2005 and even softer in 2006. The results prove it. They got where they were simply on hype alone and the media's manlove for Charlie Weis.

Did they run them off the field and win by 36? Or did they beat them by less than a TD and get out-gained by them.

Pretty sure this was the first mention of points. Are you trying to do the old switch on me now. I certainly didn't want to go there.

As far as the Virginia Tech game. The margin of victory might have certainly helped early on however in case you forgot Virginia Tech eventually was ranked ahead of LSU late this season. So that should show evidence that margin of victory isn't all that important especially when it's that early in the season.

By my count, USC is also 4-0 vs SEC so that washes that argument. And USC beat Iowa at the Orange Bowl, and it pains me to say this, but that was more like a road game for USC, because Iowa re-named that place Kinnick South. You could tell, by how many Orange seats there were in the 4th quarter. Once again, the win over Oklahoma in the 05 Orange Bowl, also trumps anything LSU ever did in bowls, simply because they were undefeated going into that game, and proved how good they were by shutting down Vince Young. That might very well have been the best OU team, certainly in the Stoops era. USC, while getting virtual home games. How many conference champions did LSU beat on that list? Illinois and Ohio State. Even in 2003, they didn't even knock off the best of the Big 12 to win their first BCS NC. Which is probably why USC was #1 in both AP and Coaches before the bowls started.

Hey Brian-

Thought it was pretty typical of Offhisrocker to leave this paragraph out of his reply :D

Hey Brian-

Thought it was pretty typical of Offhisrocker to leave this paragraph out of his reply :D

Thanks Professor for reminding me. :D

Players before the OU/Texas game in 2003. NFL players Dan Cody and Tommie Harris are easily visible in this photo.Stoops' teams continued to excel. He brought his 2003 and 2004 teams back to the BCS title game, but lost both contests. His 2003 team was the highest scoring team in OU's history, putting up 601 points while only allowing 214 by opponents. This season included seven games of 50 points or more, a 77-0 win over Texas A&M and a 65-13 victory against Texas, both schools' biggest loss. The team was upset in the Big 12 Championship Game by a Kansas State Wildcat team that all the experts thought had no chance against what some were calling one of the greatest teams in college football history. The Sooners eventually lost to LSU in the BCS title game. That year, Jason White became OU's fourth Heisman Trophy winner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Oklahoma...tball_team#2005