[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jags @ Pats Official Game Thread

keggerz

Good post jaxfaxtor, I really had a hard time with your rant yesterday, you didn't see the whole picture.

It seems with some reflection, you realize the jags did what they had to, and almost had enough. We had our hands on a few balls we could have picked, the northcutt drops hurt, but they would have been pretty spectacular catches had they been caught.

Welker had 54 yards? Moss one catch? We did what we had to, the Patriots were simply perfect.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Not fishing bro. I am still a BIG Harrison and Seau fan (how could I not be). The Pats play great ball and have the best starting roster in the league (though the age on D HAS to concern ya'alls).

But, what other factor would make me dislike a team I followed as a kid? How 'bout the slob! I'm not a Pats fan so I don't have to slob the knob of a person I think is classless!

Once again, congrats, you deserve it and the win did not suprise me at all!

first, congratz on getting the score right...i had it 31-16 in an office pool. you nailed it!

the age is a bit of a concern, but as Rodney says, 'youth is over rated'. lol

he did cost the Patriots 30 yrds in penalties lastnight with his'youthful exuburance!

but so far, the legs still take them where the mind wants to go, but the day is coming soon, i think.

would like to see Junior get a ring.....good to see your still a fan of them two, there tough to like

when they'r not on your team and vice versa...

about the Belichick stuff....not trying to sway your personal opinion on him at all. thats yours.

but the fact is, he built this current Patriots team, the guts of it anyway.....he had mega-help

but the other hands answered to him, including Bob Kraft on many occasions...

Clevland was just a mess, as an organization, when he was there....2 words, Art Modell.

they had very little of a football relationship, mainly because Modell was a business man and

had very little interest or knowledge of the game...

with the Patriots, it was the first time, really, that Belichick could run the ship.

anyway, blah-blah-blah, he has a great football mind, just like a few other NFL coaches past and present...

Good post jaxfaxtor, I really had a hard time with your rant yesterday, you didn't see the whole picture.

It seems with some reflection, you realize the jags did what they had to, and almost had enough. We had our hands on a few balls we could have picked, the northcutt drops hurt, but they would have been pretty spectacular catches had they been caught.

Welker had 54 yards? Moss one catch? We did what we had to, the Patriots were simply perfect.

And I was once again pretty chit faced when I made those comments, H8. But if the Jags could generate a pass rush with their front 4, it would be a different game. That, IMO, is the main thing they have to work on in the offseason. The Patriots have a much better O-Line than the Steelers. Garrard will be going into next season with a ton of confidence. With a few tweaks, this Jags team can be a championship team. As long as I've been watching them, this is the best all around Jags team I've seen. DelRio made what was at the time a hugh gamble by cutting Lefty, but it worked out pretty well I'd say.

I usually root for the underdogs(unless it's my team) but I find myself wanting Indy to win only so we can have an awesome AFC championship. I really think the Pack can hang with NE too if both make it to the SB. But the Pats are a machine that is hitting on all cylinders right now. Reminds me of the 49ers team that beat the Chargers in the SB.

And I was once again pretty chit faced when I made those comments, H8. But if the Jags could generate a pass rush with their front 4, it would be a different game. That, IMO, is the main thing they have to work on in the offseason. The Patriots have a much better O-Line than the Steelers. Garrard will be going into next season with a ton of confidence. With a few tweaks, this Jags team can be a championship team. As long as I've been watching them, this is the best all around Jags team I've seen. DelRio made what was at the time a hugh gamble by cutting Lefty, but it worked out pretty well I'd say.

I usually root for the underdogs(unless it's my team) but I find myself wanting Indy to win only so we can have an awesome AFC championship. I really think the Pack can hang with NE too if both make it to the SB. But the Pats are a machine that is hitting on all cylinders right now. Reminds me of the 49ers team that beat the Chargers in the SB.

I agree with all of the above. I'm looking forward to seeiing what the Jags do during the offseason, because we're close. VERY close. I agree that we need to upgrade our pass rush, and in spite of how well the WRs have played this season (which I attribute to great coaching), we still need a game breaker at that position.

anyway, blah-blah-blah, he has a great football mind, just like a few other NFL coaches past and present...

on this we clearly agree! :wacko:

(Just keep UT off the boards for me this week :D )

Hey,

Just wanted to post my congrats to the Jags for a hard fought game. I wasn't feeling good about the outcome until about 3 min. left. Man Brady was on and Garrard wasn't to shabby himself.....he could have some good numbers next year with Jones and Wilford getting better.

One thing I wasn't happy with was our pass d in the 1st half and Rodney's cheap shots :D . If this wasn't a playoff game he probably would have been pulled like a few weeks ago. I am a huge Seau fan....man he just brings it every week and from what I hear is a class guy.