[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This Cowboy fan's take ...

Grits and Shins

Funny, Norv is in the final 4, pulling off the biggest upset of the weekend, without LT, Gates and Rivers for the final quarter plus.

I was going to say the same thing. The guy already has more wins than Coach Marty did with the Chargers in the playoffs. Give him his due!

Funny, Norv is in the final 4, pulling off the biggest upset of the weekend, without LT, Gates and Rivers for the final quarter plus.

You know the saying "even a blind squirel finds the nut once in a while" :D

As a Pats fan I'm a little worried (as always) this weekend. I do hope that Rivers and LT play so they are with all their weapons. If they aren't able to go one might think that some teams could take them lightly. I doubt the Pats will, all they have to do is look at what happened to the Colts and what happened last year. They don't want to be sitting home on SB Sunday again.

:D Ill take my lumps from any of the die hards that I have good hearted back and forths with on here.. Swammi , keggerz , the GB boys , NFC east guys etc all of the people that show up win or lose but I cant take a 30 year old male who just discovered this year that the Pats are his favorite team seriously. :D

That's more than reasonable.

So as I sit here Monday morning reflecting on why the Cowboys are cleaning out their lockers today a couple of thoughts occur to me ...

Once the Cowboys defeated the Packers they seemed to feel like they were automatically annoited the NFC champion. They went on cruise control and were never able to "turn it back on". I attribute this to poor coaching. I'm thinking perhaps the team was a bit too relaxed during the off week and should have been working hard and staying focused on the task at hand ... winning a super bowl. I don't care who you are .... you don't win playoff games if you are not prepared. Another indication of the lack of focus was how sloppy the Cowboys played with drops and penalties. It looked like a pre-season game. Sloppy play and penalties ... more bad coaching.

that's why i said in another thread that, for whatever else it's worth, a parcells coached team doesn't lose that game.

that's why i said in another thread that, for whatever else it's worth, a parcells coached team doesn't lose that game.

I have to disagree ... I don't think a Parcells coached team makes the playoffs. BP = great evaluator of talent, not so great HC. The Dallas defense is not sufficient enough for BP to run, run, run the ball get a 3 point lead and have the defense hold that lead for 2 quarters.

Just some thoughts.....

I hope Sparano does leave..... And the door hits him on the way out. The Defense was and has not been performing. And while your at it, add the Special Teams coach (Bruce Read) to the list of people that should be handed his pink slip.

And one more comment about the coaching, last night's game was sloppy, and undisciplined. And that is a direct reflection on the coaches. Every one of them can share that.

As for the players. Last night just proved that the Cowboys need a legitimate #2 WR. Crayton isn't it, and Glenn may not be back. And while I'm at it can someone explain to me why J. Reeves is still on this team. He hasn't covered anyone this year. Hell my grandmother could beat him and she's been dead for 40 years.

J. Reeves

R. Williams

Should be showing up with there resignations this morning. And the rest of the defense should be nervous.

But even with the early exit, I still enjoyed the season, and the 2007 team was fun to watch. They won the Division, and 13 times this year, at the end of the day, Cowboy fans were smiling..... Ya haven't been able to say that in a long time.

So, in the words of every other fan of every other team that doesn't win the Superbowl, "Just wait till next year......"

As hot a name as Jason Garrett is, Brian Billick was suppose to be a offensive genious too when he was in Minnesota. We all saw how that turned out.

TRUTH :D

Not a Boys fan but this was one of the worst drives I've seen called and executed by any coordinator/offense this year. There are worse offenses but I never would've expected this from Garrett and the Boys offense (after what they did all year)...

4th Quarter

Dallas Cowboys at 07:00

1-10-DAL 44 (7:00) 24-M.Barber up the middle to DAL 48 for 4 yards (53-R.Torbor; 28-G.Wilson).

2-6-DAL 48 (6:23) 9-T.Romo pass incomplete short left to 82-J.Witten [72-O.Umenyiora]. PENALTY on NYG-25-R.McQuarters, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at DAL 48 - No Play.

1-10-NYG 47 (6:18) 9-T.Romo sacked at DAL 39 for -14 yards (55-K.Mitchell).

2-24-DAL 39 (6:18) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass deep middle to 82-J.Witten to NYG 41 for 20 yards (37-Ja.Butler) [98-F.Robbins].

3-4-NYG 41 (6:18) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short middle to 82-J.Witten to NYG 30 for 11 yards (37-Ja.Butler). PENALTY on DAL, Illegal Formation, 5 yards, enforced at NYG 41 - No Play.

3-9-NYG 46 (4:23) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass incomplete deep right to 81-T.Owens (23-C.Webster). PENALTY on NYG-23-C.Webster, Illegal Use of Hands, 5 yards, enforced at NYG 46 - No Play.

1-10-NYG 41 (4:16) 9-T.Romo pass incomplete short left. PENALTY on DAL-9-T.Romo, Intentional Grounding, 10 yards, enforced at NYG 41.

2-20-DAL 49 (4:09) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass incomplete short left to 84-P.Crayton [72-O.Umenyiora]. Pass incomplete at the New York 45 sideline.

Timeout #2 by DAL at 04:03.

3-20-DAL 49 (4:03) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass incomplete deep left to 81-T.Owens [91-J.Tuck]. Pass incomplete at the goalline.

4-20-DAL 49 (3:54) (Punt formation) 1-M.McBriar punts 39 yards to NYG 12, Center-91-L.Ladouceur, fair catch by 25-R.McQuarters.

Only ONE run play to Barber, who up till that point is averaging 5 yds per carry, meanwhile the Dallas OL has gone into panic mode on every pass play. There was plenty of time to run it down the Giants throats and eat up clock. It was especially important to try a run on the 3rd and 4 because he could've at least made it a short 4th down play.

Edited by kingfish247

I have to disagree ... I don't think a Parcells coached team makes the playoffs. BP = great evaluator of talent, not so great HC. The Dallas defense is not sufficient enough for BP to run, run, run the ball get a 3 point lead and have the defense hold that lead for 2 quarters.

they made them last year with drew bledsoe starting half the games.

you think wade phillips is a better gameday coach than parcells? :D

they made them last year with drew bledsoe starting half the games.

you think wade phillips is a better gameday coach than parcells? :D

The two are not related. The fact that BP is no longer a good/great HC is irrelevant to whether or not WP is a good/great HC.

I think the Cowboys won 13 games this year for several reasons:

1) They hired a new offensive coordinator who believed in always attacking instead of attempting to sit on a lead. This offensive style was scoring a ton of points early on taking the pressure of a woefully inadequate defense. And the new offensive scheme involved lots of Jason Witten.

2) There were several lucky breaks (Buffalo comes immediately to mind).

3) Most of the key offensive personnel were healthy most of the year.

Same team, same schedule and BP is lucky to coach the team to .500 ... because his offenses are vanilla and he likes to try to sit on a 3 point lead.

The two are not related. The fact that BP is no longer a good/great HC is irrelevant to whether or not WP is a good/great HC.

1) They hired a new offensive coordinator who believed in always attacking instead of attempting to sit on a lead. This offensive style was scoring a ton of points early on taking the pressure of a woefully inadequate defense. And the new offensive scheme involved lots of Jason Witten.

Same team, same schedule and BP is lucky to coach the team to .500 ... because his offenses are vanilla and he likes to try to sit on a 3 point lead.

why in the world would they ever start barber, i mean why mess with something that is working :D

keep telling yourself that :D

i know, i know...."the game passed parcells by"....so to replace him you hire a guy who has never been in front of the game and has a known penchant for coming out flat in the playoffs. that was a genius move alright. :D

i know, i know...."the game passed parcells by"....so to replace him you hire a guy who has never been in front of the game and has a known penchant for coming out flat in the playoffs. that was a genius move alright. :D

The thinking was Garret is an up and comer and would maximize the O but we had defeciencies on D which was Wades strongpoint. I liked the hire. The end result was the D was weak and the O sputtered. If Dallas didnt eat the whole 2nd Q they may have lost by more

i know, i know...."the game passed parcells by"....so to replace him you hire a guy who has never been in front of the game and has a known penchant for coming out flat in the playoffs. that was a genius move alright. :wacko:

Is WP the right guy? :D the jury is out. I was not a big fan of the WP hiring but he was better than Norv Turner IMO. Personally I like a more disciplinarian type HC (like BP) that also has the coaching skills on the field.

One thing is for certain though, BP was never going to win us a super bowl and it was time for him to be replaced as HC. On the sideline BP looked every bit a tired old man just going through the motions to collect a pay check. He had mistakenly expected his coaching strategies from decades earlier, that had been successful then, to still be successful. If that is what you want for a HC then I say more power to you .. it is not what I want nor what I think the Cowboys need.

Just because BP may have been a genius of a coach decades ago does NOT mean he still is.

Thank Romo and his stupid look on his face all the time. Like this> :D . For jetting to mexico to bang his girl when most of the boys were holed up at home preparing mentally and physically. Hes a multi million air child with a stupid look that shouldn't be leading a football team especially into playoffs. When I played competitive our coach banned us from any sex or contact for weeks untill season over. Beleive me we were like ravaged dogs. Instead Romo on the beach playing footsy with that stupid look > :D

Thank Romo and his stupid look on his face all the time. Like this> :D . For jetting to mexico to bang his girl when most of the boys were holed up at home preparing mentally and physically. Hes a multi million air child with a stupid look that shouldn't be leading a football team especially into playoffs. When I played competitive our coach banned us from any sex or contact for weeks untill season over. Beleive me we were like ravaged dogs. Instead Romo on the beach playing footsy with that stupid look > :D

How exactly do you know that "most of the boys were holed up at home preparing mentally and physically"? As I recall Wade gave THE ENTIRE TEAM three days off. In addition Romo was NOT the only Cowboy in Mexico ... Witten was there as well. At least 2 of the coaching staff were out on interviews and I expect that more than several players visited the golf course. No, I suspect that the entire team took the WHOLE three days off from football ... just as their head coach told them to do ... and their play reflected it.

Except they left about 80 seconds at the end of Q2 for Eli to drive the length of the field, which he did. Cowboys D played that particular drive spectacularly badly.

The more I think about it today if anyone were to tell me yesterday that Dallas was going to let up 21 points and lose I would have said they were nuts. That stat is deceiving though because of the 10 minute 2nd Q drive. The D was poor IMO..