[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots vs it doesn't matter UNofficial Super Bowl Thread

keggerz

:D The last team that IMO that had a better then 50-50 chance of beating the Pats lost to a chargers team that played VERY well yesterday...I am not sure that Rivers/Volek have what it takes to beat the Patriots and while Favre and Co could give the Pats a fight I just dont think they have what it takes to get it done....and if the GMEN happen to get their well I think "almost" beating the pats will actually work against them.

I am now ready to just crown their a$$es :D

Whomper you want to just paypal me my money now

this isn't a fishing trip but deep down i am hoping this is a complete jinx for the pats

In case you haven't noticed, teams have been playing NE much, much closer lately.

Brady played a literally almost perfect game, and if JAX hadn't tried their ridiculous empty backfield stunt the ending could have been very different in that game despite Brady performing so far above & beyond. I don't expect Brady to play that way again, so I'd have to expect that a SD team that is red hot right now & clicking on all cylinders could have a good shot at them, and I'd sure have to expect either GB or NY to have a similar decent chance IF NE wins this coming weekend - kind of like NE did against STL in their 1st SB W.

Edited by Bronco Billy

:D The last team that IMO that had a better then 50-50 chance of beating the Pats lost to a chargers team that played VERY well yesterday...I am not sure that Rivers/Volek have what it takes to beat the Patriots and while Favre and Co could give the Pats a fight I just dont think they have what it takes to get it done....and if the GMEN happen to get their well I think "almost" beating the pats will actually work against them.

I am now ready to just crown their a$$es :D

Whomper you want to just paypal me my money now

this isn't a fishing trip but deep down i am hoping this is a complete jinx for the pats

:wacko: My sole purpose for making that bet was because I thought the colts would beat the Pats. No disrespect to the Bolts but a hobbled SD is gonna need a miracle. Ill be sending out 5 20s next week. I can feel it

In case you haven't noticed, teams have been playing NE much, much closer lately.

Brady played a literally almost perfect game, and if JAX hadn't tried their ridiculous empty backfield stunt the ending could have been very different in that game despite Brady performing so far above & beyond. I don't expect Brady to play that way again, so I'd have to expect that a SD team that is red hot right now & clicking on all cylinders could have a good shot at them, and I'd sure have to expect either GB or NY to have a similar decent chance IF NE wins this coming weekend - kind of like NE did against STL in their 1st SB W.

it is ok to let go of those false hopes, just come into the light, everything is so beautiful once you let go and crossover into the light

You're pissing me off, you mamby-pamby. Get your arse out here & argue or else I'm a comin' in to git you.

Bronco Billy it is so peaceful and wonderful in the light...

just exhale and walk into the light...this may also make it easier for you....

[vadervoice]Bill Belichick is your father[/vadervoice] ....Join your father, cross over into the light.

The Packers will be happy just to get to the game(as will the Giants if they win). Just being there will satisfying enough. :D

You won't hear any professional athlete say that. Making it to the big game IS NOT enough, you make it there and you expect to win. A loss in the SuperBowl is dissappointing regardless of the odds.

If anything I think yesterday proved that nothing is certain. Few were giving the Giants and the Chargers a chance to win.

I am concerned about the Chargers. I wonder if Norv hasn't finally figured the HC thing out, and I remember well how good that team was in 2006. If they come out with Rivers, LT, and Gates playing, and now have good experience with some back-ups, they will be a tough team to beat.

It's supposed to be 9º and windy on Sunday (or something like that)....so it will be challenging conditions for both sides.

it is ok to let go of those false hopes, just come into the light, everything is so beautiful once you let go and crossover into the light

lol keggerz

not all is light in NE. This Charger team is fast on the Def side and if they rush Brady and flush him out of the pocket he could make some mistakes.They also lead the league in turnovers with 48 (30 INT 2TD, 18 FR 3TD) which could very well be a major factor in the outcome of this game.

Bronco Billy it is so peaceful and wonderful in the light...

just exhale and walk into the light...this may also make it easier for you....

[vadervoice]Bill Belichick is your father[/vadervoice] ....Join your father, cross over into the light.

Yet another convert to Coach Cutoff's charisma. I never thought it could happen here...

:shakinghead:

The Jaguars were within two crucial dropped passes of pushing the Pats to the limit. It ain't over.

I don't expect Brady to play that way again, so I'd have to expect that a SD team that is red hot right now & clicking on all cylinders could have a good shot at them, and I'd sure have to expect either GB or NY to have a similar decent chance IF NE wins this coming weekend - kind of like NE did against STL in their 1st SB W.

Mike Martz was the coach of that team.

If anything I think yesterday proved that nothing is certain. Few were giving the Giants and the Chargers a chance to win.

I am concerned about the Chargers. I wonder if Norv hasn't finally figured the HC thing out, and I remember well how good that team was in 2006. If they come out with Rivers, LT, and Gates playing, and now have good experience with some back-ups, they will be a tough team to beat.

It's supposed to be 9º and windy on Sunday (or something like that)....so it will be challenging conditions for both sides.

Really? I mean, I thought the Bolts were gonna get creamed, but I had no idea why Dallas was a TD favorite. In fact, I took half my winnings from Jax covering and took the +250 money line on the Giants. They'd been playing well and I couldn't remember the last time I could say that about Big D.

Perhaps those who doubted Coughlin's strategy of playing all out against NE in week 16 to give them reason to believe will reconsider their stance?

You won't hear any professional athlete say that. Making it to the big game IS NOT enough, you make it there and you expect to win. A loss in the SuperBowl is dissappointing regardless of the odds.

A few years ago the NY Mets clinched a playoff spot very late. . it may have been the year Leiter won the play-in game against the Reds. After the game Mike Piazza said to a reporter "Well, we're in the playoffs now so everything from here on out is just gravy".

I wanted to reach through the TV and slap his b!tch ass. He is my least favorite player in team history for that one sentence.