[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can it get worse for Lions fans?

Egret

It could be worse. You could be a Cowboys' fan - they haven't won a playoff game in just as long, but they give their fans hope some years before yanking the rug out from under them & snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Lions have won one playoff game in the past 50 years.

Exactly. Lions' fans have been conditioned by the team as to what to expect every year. Cowboys' fans, on the other hand, actually think that in years like this past one that they can actually get to the SB, much less even winning one game in the playoffs (a home game as the #1 NFC seed, no less).

Now that's just cruel.

Y'know, there's a case to be made for that to be the most mind-boggling record in all of sports, never mind just football. In 50 years, only ONE playoff win? That is simply staggering. It is so far outside the law of averages that one can only surmise that it is deliberate.

It could be worse. You could be a Cowboys' fan - they haven't won a playoff game in just as long, but they give their fans hope some years before yanking the rug out from under them & snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

There is a saying that goes something like "TIs better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all." At least Cowboys fans have experienced the joys of winning, even if they come crashing down. Lions fans are virtually numb from so many years of not being competitive. This year breathed a little bit of life into us early on. But ask any Lions fan and we'd gladly swap with Dallas fans. One of the main reasons why: they have an owner that actually cares and makes moves to win (or at least try to).

Y'know, there's a case to be made for that to be the most mind-boggling record in all of sports, never mind just football. In 50 years, only ONE playoff win? That is simply staggering. It is so far outside the law of averages that one can only surmise that it is deliberate.

Thankfully though for Lions fans this is nearing its end...

:D

Say what you want about Millen's franchise-steering capabilities; at least he's a man's man and a good broadcaster.

But that . . .

I can't even bring myself to consider it. I thought the rumors of Denny Green a few years ago were bad enough, but I couldn't even begin to contemplate that.

Oh, God. :D

Peace

policy

Oh sweet and merciful Jesus. As a Packer fan I have of course been aware of the Lions tribulations, but to see it all there, in black and white, summed up and yet going on and endlessly on, even in summary form; well I wanted it to stop. Hell, I'm agnostic and I prayed to Baby jesus to make it stop. I just didn't have the stomach to watch anymore. I felt like the cons in Cool Hand Luke when they just can't stomach watching George Kennedy pummel Paul Newman any more.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Dear Lord that's a painful site. I've never heard of the curse. :D That has some team name possibilities. This part sums it all up. :D

:wacko: i just read that whole thing. i don't feel so bad about the cowboys' loss anymore! this one was my favorite (i'd never heard of it before now):

Is it possible to trade your number 1 draft pick and not know it? The Lions did just that in 1974 when they traded Dave Thompson to the Saints for the Saint number one draft pick. They did not realize the deal was for Dave Thompson and their number one pick till they went to draft 13th overall and found out New Orleans had that position. It does not get much more embarrassing than this.

Oh sweet and merciful Jesus. As a Packer fan I have of course been aware of the Lions tribulations, but to see it all there, in black and white, summed up and yet going on and endlessly on, even in summary form; well I wanted it to stop. Hell, I'm agnostic and I prayed to Baby jesus to make it stop. I just didn't have the stomach to watch anymore. I felt like the cons in Cool Hand Luke when they just can't stomach watching George Kennedy pummel Paul Newman any more.

Maybe Amnesty International could help. :D They aid in hostage situations all the time.

of course you don't want Theisman... but at his worst, could he be any worse than Millen? With Millen you know what you have... maybe... just maybe... Theisman could 'not suck'

You have no clue do you? Hiring Millen was a stretch but one that could have paid off if Millen had any ability to evaluate talent. He doesn't and the Lions held on to him foe far too many years. However, hiring Theisman would make the Lions the laughing stock of the NFL. You be better off hiring EA Sports to run your team. Joey T is a buffoon and if it wasn't for the fact that ex-Redskins players occasionally show up at his restaurant, it would have folded years ago.