[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boltz @ Pats

McBoog

btw McBoob, those were some very impressive Field Goals today, I was on the edge of my seat chanting KEADING like it was 1999.

:D

They had a achance to put the Pats on their heals in the first half. Four time consuming drives, 12 f'n points! :wacko: I bet nobody in the country expected that game to be that close going into the 4th qtr.

I think they missed a Healthy Rivers and a Healthy Gates in this game MORE than LT. Gates especoially. With those threee healthy, that would have been diffferent, but :D

Also, Cotrell got OUTCOACHED big time in the second half and never adjusted to the three TE power formation. Great job by the Pats to throw that at them at half time.

Those FGs you talk about were the diff. The D did what it had to do, but the O didn't score enough to put the Pats in Panic Mode. I am proud of what they did and they nutted up BIG TIME. It would have been a miracle under the circumstances to win, so the loss is not stinging like it has in the past.

Maybe Jax and SD in next year's final? Good luck next year. we BOTh just get to watch now. :D

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NE beats a visiting team with many (most?) of its best players banged up and the SD D missing numerous tackles. Yes this is the greatest team of all time.

They have had an amazing season, but I don't care if they win the SB 50-3 (and it will likely be along those lines), lmao @ considering them best ever because of the undefeated thing. IMO the 70s Steelers, 80s 49ers, and 90s Cowboys would've taken them most games.

I've got to say, congrats to the Patriots. All the tainted, asterisk talk is garbage. This team did something that I didn't think was possible, going undefeated on their way to the Super Bowl. If they go on to win in two weeks, in my mind, they will go down as the greatest single season team in history. Congrats !!!!! :D:D:wacko:

Classy post from a non-pats fan. Asterisk or not, since the (pathetic) Jets game, they've continued to win....doesn't appear that any video crutches were necessary. I was watching the game and didn't bother to read most of the other posts, but hopefully all fans can look back on this season 20 years from now and say that they saw this team play.

Good luck to the pats in the SB!

NE beats a visiting team with many (most?) of its best players banged up and the SD D missing numerous tackles. Yes this is the greatest team of all time.

They have had an amazing season, but I don't care if they win the SB 50-3 (and it will likely be along those lines), lmao @ considering them best ever because of the undefeated thing. IMO the 70s Steelers, 80s 49ers, and 90s Cowboys would've taken them most games.

Yep...must not count since the best SD players were out....I'm sure the Pats had something to do with this.

I like the fight I'm seeing from the Chargers so far. I'm still not convinced they will win this game, but, if they can keep it within reach heading into crunch time, you never know. :D Go Chargers !!!

P.S. McBoog, why did you have to bring up that Chargers win over Neil O'Donnell and the Steelers. I had finally erased that awful game from my memory, and now it is back again. 4th down O'Donnell throws for Foster, it's knocked down, Chargers win !!!! :D

Hope my friend, desperate hope! :D

Gates was single covered by a LB all day. He said later he hasn't seen that type of coverage in three years. This injury was the biggest, IMO in this game! A Healthy Gates in the red zone could have been the key to TDs instead of FGs.

LT adds the dimension of pass or run in the red zone because of his versatility. The BIG key was that (almost always) with Turner, the D could expect a run, Sproles, as pass. It was hard to see him sitting on the bench, trying to see it from his perspective.

Without him healthy AND LT pulled by the med staff, it was too much to overcome on the road against that team in that weather. :wacko:

not to mention #74 of the Chargers blocked in the back on the end around by Moss. :D

The people I watcched this game with (I live in the the D.C. area and am the only Charger fan here that I know of) mentioned (and I thought it a bunch of times to be honest) that the Pats looked like they had hooks for hands.

Only three flags all game? I've heard of letting players play in big games, but... the holding was pretty blatant on many plays (had to protect the pretty boy I guess). At times I felt like I was the only one NOT screaming at the tube (partly 'cause I didn't want to look too homer).

If I have any complaint... it was letting too many :D go specifically AT the point of attack.

This was not the diff in the game, Gates and LT, or the lack of them healthy was. The fact that it was only a nine point win....

Oh well, as a Charger fan, I'm used to saying, there's always next year! :D:wacko:

I dunno, but I thought the leg whip play that resulted in an INT and there was another big play that I am forgeting the specifics on where there was a clear hold that was not called on NE. Those were two huge game changing plays in this game. Refs can't see them all, but the when you're the head ref watching just the QB and you don;t see the leg whip, somethings up IMO.