[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McFadden Declares

The Wolf

With so many quality RBs declaring, I gotta wait and see where they all end up before I rank them FF-wise. Could be a few more teams going RBBC next season.

Definitely there will be. No team will find success giving all the carries to just one guy, though there will be some one-headed monsters left, I think.

With so many quality RBs declaring, I gotta wait and see where they all end up before I rank them FF-wise. Could be a few more teams going RBBC next season.

AP proved that talent trumps the RBBC, so long as the coach values his job. Even if McFadden ends up going to a team that is committed to a RBBC, one would have to believe that he will be given the opportunity to earn the role of primary ball carrier.

After reading about all these guys, you would think that some or even ONE of the top juniors would stay in college another season. There will be so much RB talent that a lot of these guys will drop to late day 1 or day 2 where teams can pay them a fraction of what they would have to in round 1. Why pay McFadden $60 mil when you can get Mendenhall late 1st-early 2nd?

Next year's RB class is a lot weaker too, with maybe Wells being at the top.

Tentative draft order....

Mia #1 - Ronnie Brown, Samkon Gado, Lorenzo Booker... Will they spend that pick on another back? Doubt it.

STL #2 - Sjax, Brian Leonard, Antonio Pittman... Maybe? That would be a sick combo! But I think they pass, they need help on D and O-Line.

OAK-ATL-KC #3 - Well the silver and black need an every-down back! Norwood doesn't seem like the real deal... I doubt KC would look at him here, merely based on how well Kolby Smith filled in... But it's Herm Edwards so who knows!

I have only seen McFadden play in one game (the Cotton Bowl) but I was not that impressed. He ran for 105 yards on 21 carries and he looked good but he did not look #1 RB good to me. He had some insane games last year (LSU - 206 yds, So. Car. - 321 yards, @Alabama - 195 yds) but I need to find out more before I make up my mind on him. One thing that jumps out as a question to me is that he is 6'2" but only weighs 205? Most backs that height would be at least 225.

I have only seen McFadden play in one game (the Cotton Bowl) but I was not that impressed. He ran for 105 yards on 21 carries and he looked good but he did not look #1 RB good to me. He had some insane games last year (LSU - 206 yds, So. Car. - 321 yards, @Alabama - 195 yds) but I need to find out more before I make up my mind on him. One thing that jumps out as a question to me is that he is 6'2" but only weighs 205? Most backs that height would be at least 225.

This is what I saw as well. He looks skinny for a RB that is supposed to carry the load. I know in the LSU game that Dorsey was hurt to the point of being ineffective at best. I actually said more than once during that game that Dorsey should take a seat and let someone healthy play. Also the direct snaps were playing hell with LSU's def coordinator.

There was a lot of trickery used by Arkansas this past season that helped McFadden gain a ton of yards. I don't really see him being able to go off tackle and blow through the hole in the NFL.

He's a lanky guy and has an upright running style. I think he can have a good career, but he's definitely not the prospect AD was and I wouldn't want my team giving him top 5 guaranteed money. If he goes that high, I gotta imagine it'll be Oakland taking him. The other teams have too many other needs.

Tentative draft order....

Mia #1 - Ronnie Brown, Samkon Gado, Lorenzo Booker... Will they spend that pick on another back? Doubt it.

STL #2 - Sjax, Brian Leonard, Antonio Pittman... Maybe? That would be a sick combo! But I think they pass, they need help on D and O-Line.

OAK-ATL-KC #3 - Well the silver and black need an every-down back! Norwood doesn't seem like the real deal... I doubt KC would look at him here, merely based on how well Kolby Smith filled in... But it's Herm Edwards so who knows!

Justin Fargas didn't fit the bill from what we saw last season?

1,009 yards and 188 receiving in less than 14 games. Low cost. Team has many needs and is already paying Rhodes and Jordan...why take another back?

Justin Fargas didn't fit the bill from what we saw last season?

1,009 yards and 188 receiving in less than 14 games. Low cost. Team has many needs and is already paying Rhodes and Jordan...why take another back?

The Raiders also have Michael Bush from the last draft that they still want to look at.