[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Laurinaitis staying for his senior year

budlitebrad

Aside from the "rah rah college student rah" aspect of staying for his senior year, it doesn't make much sense. The guy is a sure fire 1st rounder. Most seem to think top-10. So what can he hope to improve on except winning a national championship?

I guess that's it? I'm not sayin that's nothing, but Matt Leinart anyone?

BLB - Do you have a decent link?

Aside from the "rah rah college student rah" aspect of staying for his senior year, it doesn't make much sense. The guy is a sure fire 1st rounder. Most seem to think top-10. So what can he hope to improve on except winning a national championship?

I guess that's it? I'm not sayin that's nothing, but Matt Leinart anyone?

BLB - Do you have a decent link?

Besides money, what did Matt Leinart lose out? Being with the woeful 49ers? :D

He had a chance to go down as the greatest college player EVER and be part of the greatest TEAM/DYNASTY ever in college football.

Laurinaitis has a chance to go to THREE straight NC games, with even a better team next year posibly. He can hopefully win one next year. He can be a two time Butkus award winner also. The kid wants to be there. Besides money, there is nothing else. He probably has taken insurance up the wazzou for next year also.

Edited by Goopster24

Besides money, what did Matt Leinart lose out?

He lost a lot of money. Money being the single biggest influence on the sport we love. Unless we're being romantic about it. (not that kind of romantic waterman) I guess I'm kinda ripping the soul out of it, and I'm not really that guy, but that's just reality.

It's fine if he wants to go back to school, it's just not smart business. How many of us would forgo certain millions for a year? A year where he puts himself at risk of never seeing a dime? He might wind up the 1st pick in next years draft, but he's probably more likely to lose stock than gain it. I don't have numbers on that one, but seems like it.

He lost a lot of money. Money being the single biggest influence on the sport we love. Unless we're being romantic about it. (not that kind of romantic waterman) I guess I'm kinda ripping the soul out of it, and I'm not really that guy, but that's just reality.

It's fine if he wants to go back to school, it's just not smart business. How many of us would forgo certain millions for a year? A year where he puts himself at risk of never seeing a dime? He might wind up the 1st pick in next years draft, but he's probably more likely to lose stock than gain it. I don't have numbers on that one, but seems like it.

I agree it's not smart business but he had a lot of reasons to come back. He didn't come back for one singular reason. He had a chance to go down in history. If he felt that strongly about that, which he obviously did, I wouldn't tell him otherwise. The guy got a handsome payday and ended up in a better situation. A MUCH BETTER SITUATION. I think he made the right choice.

OSU will have a bunch of potential first rounders next season.

Weak class overall for LBs besides Long and Gholston (DE/OLB tweeners). Bump Connor and Mayo up a bit. Maualuga could have jumped on this opportunity and slid to top 15 with solid workouts, but he's staying as well and will compete for $$ with Laurinaitis next year.

I agree it's not smart business but he had a lot of reasons to come back. He didn't come back for one singular reason. He had a chance to go down in history. If he felt that strongly about that, which he obviously did, I wouldn't tell him otherwise. The guy got a handsome payday and ended up in a better situation. A MUCH BETTER SITUATION. I think he made the right choice.

Yeah he did. It was to hang out with Nick Lachey for another year.

I'm not sure how much better his situation is? The Cards won 3 more games than the Niners, and he was benched. If he was in SF at least he'd still be starting.

ANYWAY, he's a lesson in leaving money behind.

Guarantee ya, hanging out with Dorsey on the circuit had something to do with this. and then losing to LSU. the fact that Jensen is coming back helps. OSU is going to have a very nasty D next year.

Weak class overall for LBs besides Long and Gholston (DE/OLB tweeners). Bump Connor and Mayo up a bit. Maualuga could have jumped on this opportunity and slid to top 15 with solid workouts, but he's staying as well and will compete for $$ with Laurinaitis next year.

I am very surprised Maualuga didn't come out.

What about my boy Keith Rivers? Went to the same high school as him, he's an amazing talent.

All American LB Curtis Lofton of OU just declared. This will be a big loss for the Sooners. Lofton is 1st round talent, and a beast inside. Wish he was coming back.

he didn't want to be a bengal.

I saw a few mock drafts having him going to the Patriots.....!! Man, would have loved to seen him in a Pats uniform next year....but, then again, the last time we drafted a 'cant miss' LB from Ohio State was Andy Katzenmoyer......Where are you now, Andy?