[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many reps do backup QB's get with first team?

Goopster24

I was curious if anyone knows how many snaps Volek got with the first team the past several weeks, even during the season. Take it with any quarterback situation where there is a set starter, no debate. How many snaps does Jim Sorgi get with the first team each week? Any at all? Thanks.

I was curious if anyone knows how many snaps Volek got with the first team the past several weeks, even during the season. Take it with any quarterback situation where there is a set starter, no debate. How many snaps does Jim Sorgi get with the first team each week? Any at all? Thanks.

Not many but Volek should get a lot this week.I would say from observations 10-15% normally(Aaron Rogers).

Not many but Volek should get a lot this week.I would say from observations 10-15% normally(Aaron Rogers).

So on any given week, Rodgers get 10-15% of the same snaps with the first team that Favre gets? Rodgers gets to work with Driver, Jennings, etc? Thanks.

Keep in mind Volek is a 1st-string caliber QB who started for almost two full seasons in Tennessee within the past four years, not quite the same as Sorgi coming off the bench.

Very true of course but does that change how many reps Sorgi gets compared to Volek?

Once the regular season starts, 2nd string QBs don't get much work at all with the first team, unless the starting QB is nursing some kind of injury that requires some rest. Most of the work they get is with the 2nd string vs the first team D, or as a scout team QB. It's the reason why you'll sometimes see WR value change when a QB change is made - they get into a comfort level with other players - often not starters- through the duration of the season.

That doesn't mean they don't stay sharp - they get enough work throughout the season. But reps with the first team are usually minimal.