[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Finally home from the NYG/Dal game

Kid Cid

First of all, I want to say Go Big Blue! Second I want to point out that I've travelled to a lot of opposing teams stadiums and the fans in Dallas were far and away the best I've ever encountered. No onbe looking for a fight, just good natured ribbing and an amazing amount of hospitality. I must have been welcomed to Texas at least a half a dozen times.

It also didn't hurt that we ran into a guy in the airport who claimed to be good friends with Michael Strahan. Of course my BS meter went off as soon as he said this but he had a copy of Michael's book and pointed out where he was mentioned by name. Still not totally convinced, we went and met our friends for our tailgate with this guy in tow. We watered ourselves pretty well and then headed for the game. About half time, I get a text message to meet him at the buses where the players come out after the game. So, still giddy with the win, we head on over there and sure enough he's there. We're waiting around with a gaggle of adoring fans as the players start to come out. Next thing I know, he's got Sinorice Moss bringing us inside the security ring. I then get introduced to Michael's parents and eventually the man him self. I'm still not quite believeing that it all happened.

All I can say is that the stars aligned for me on this trip. :D

First of all, I want to say Go Big Blue! Second I want to point out that I've travelled to a lot of opposing teams stadiums and the fans in Dallas were far and away the best I've ever encountered. No onbe looking for a fight, just good natured ribbing and an amazing amount of hospitality. I must have been welcomed to Texas at least a half a dozen times.

It also didn't hurt that we ran into a guy in the airport who claimed to be good friends with Michael Strahan. Of course my BS meter went off as soon as he said this but he had a copy of Michael's book and pointed out where he was mentioned by name. Still not totally convinced, we went and met our friends for our tailgate with this guy in tow. We watered ourselves pretty well and then headed for the game. About half time, I get a text message to meet him at the buses where the players come out after the game. So, still giddy with the win, we head on over there and sure enough he's there. We're waiting around with a gaggle of adoring fans as the players start to come out. Next thing I know, he's got Sinorice Moss bringing us inside the security ring. I then get introduced to Michael's parents and eventually the man him self. I'm still not quite believeing that it all happened.

Holy chit, man, you must have had to change underwear after that...

awesome Kid ...and GO Big Blue !

Second I want to point out that I've travelled to a lot of opposing teams stadiums and the fans in Dallas were far and away the best I've ever encountered. No onbe looking for a fight, just good natured ribbing and an amazing amount of hospitality.

Apparently Sarge didn't make it to the game.

:D

Very cool. Are you coming to Green Bay?

I was planning on it, but ticket prices seem to have doubled over night. Best I can find right now is about $600 each.

I was planning on it, but ticket prices seem to have doubled over night. Best I can find right now is about $600 each.

Let me see what I can find. I'll PM you if i find something.

Now they are $575 but ebay has a lot of them too.

http://tickets.titletowntickets.com/LiveTi...?EventID=640172

Edited by Randall

Absolutely AWESOME!!!

Cool news Kid Cid.

Go Jints Go!!!

p.s. Enjoy the music c/o Whomper!!! (mine's coming as well!)

I have the 2 cds in mind. I should have them by thursday..Congrats again guys and good luck this week. Enjoy the game !

Edited by whomper

What a great experience. That must have been out of this world. The win, and then meeting your guys. Top notch.

I met Frankie "bag of donuts" Winters (former Packer Center) at a bar after we beat the Rams in St. Louis this season and had a great time meeting him.

What a great experience. That must have been out of this world. The win, and then meeting your guys. Top notch.

I met Frankie "bag of donuts" Winters (former Packer Center) at a bar after we beat the Rams in St. Louis this season and had a great time meeting him.

Go to training camp. That's the best place to meet the players.

Some trip eh? :D Just curious where your seats were, field level or perhaps luxury style?

Meeting Mike Strahan must have been quite inspiring, you could see how fired up and excited he was by the postgame interview, is he as laid back in person as he seems on tape?

I like our chances this week, seem to be hitting on all cylinders; we shall see.

GO BLUE!!!!

Some trip eh? :D Just curious where your seats were, field level or perhaps luxury style?

Meeting Mike Strahan must have been quite inspiring, you could see how fired up and excited he was by the postgame interview, is he as laid back in person as he seems on tape?

I like our chances this week, seem to be hitting on all cylinders; we shall see.

GO BLUE!!!!

We were two rows from the top behind the endzone. Definitely not luxury seats. :wacko: However, that stadium isn't real tall and only seats about 68,000 so those seats weren't really that bad. Not like some of the newer stadiums where you need binoculars just to see the field, never mind the players. Strahan is every bit as laid back in person as he is on tape. Just a real down to earth guy. I am cautiously optimistic about this weeks game as well.

So while the tix in GB are still outrageously expensive, the ones in Foxborough are not. So my buddy and I decided that we're taking our wives (both Pats fans) to the game there. Two playoff games in two weeks! Whoohoo! :D

cool story....you did have a camera with you, right?

pics?

I got some video of Strahan I'm trying to get off my phone. and posted up for folks. Pretty long but nothing spectacular.

KidCid asked me to post these pictures on his behalf that he took after the game:

Sgt. Ryan

DMD

WW

Howboutthemcowboys

and last but not least:

TimC

Thanks for the assist Hugh! :D

KidCid asked me to post these pictures on his behalf that he took after the game:

Sgt. Ryan

DMD

WW

Howboutthemcowboys

and last but not least:

TimC

Hey, where diid Hugh 0ne go?

For the record, WW is hardly a fan of the Cowboys. In fact we both have rather strong feelings against the other's favorite team.