[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Norm Chow fired?

Randall

You have me confused with somebody else, and yes I do know my history.

I was referring to wildcat on the history thing.

And even though I'm a homer, his record as a starter is still too strong for him to be on a 'hot seat' - especially given the history of Fisher's taking his time with mobile QBs.

And FWIW - I'm more of a Fisher fan than a Young fan....

I was referring to wildcat on the history thing.

And even though I'm a homer, his record as a starter is still too strong for him to be on a 'hot seat' - especially given the history of Fisher's taking his time with mobile QBs.

fwiw- I think Fisher is a helluva coach, and I don't think VY is on a hot seat either..... I just don't think he is ever going to develop into a top notch QB...... time will tell

there is no comparison between McNair and VY as far as overall skills, and especially the ability to throw the football. McNair is light years ahead of VY- and I don't think VY will sniff the career McNair has had.

Both brought along slowly- fine.... but that is where the similarities end.

What am I going to post a thread about? Title: Nice Tackle Vrabel

That didn't stop you from sucking Vick and now Moss' nuts at every opportunity.

But I guess you missed my Welker is a stud threads.

Yeah, I sure missed them last year when Welker was on the Dolphins. So are you saying that you're now a Welker fan because you're a bandwagon Patriots fan? Or are you a Moss/Welker/Vrabel fan now because Ron Mexico is in jail and Peyton is on his way to the HOF? Or did your mental retardation cause you to jump on the pro-Patriots/anti-Colts bandwagon four years late?

I don't want to get into another argument about the correlation between a QB's record and a QB's actual level play, so I'll just go ahead and agree that Fisher is a very underrated coach. I was hoping that the Colts would be able to steal him when Dungy retired, but with Fisher signing that extension, it won't happen now.

Edited by Bill Swerski

fwiw- I think Fisher is a helluva coach, and I don't think VY is on a hot seat either..... I just don't think he is ever going to develop into a top notch QB...... time will tell

there is no comparison between McNair and VY as far as overall skills, and especially the ability to throw the football. McNair is light years ahead of VY- and I don't think VY will sniff the career McNair has had.

Both brought along slowly- fine.... but that is where the similarities end.

VY is faster, and his arm is at least as strong. You also sound as if you're declaring VY's development complete, and comparing it now to McNair circa 1999 when he was at his peak. I'd say VY isn't close to hitting his ceiling yet, and Fisher has spent this past year deprogramming him of his bad habits. The WRs dropsies didn't help his stats either.

VY is faster, and his arm is at least as strong. You also sound as if you're declaring VY's development complete, and comparing it now to McNair circa 1999 when he was at his peak. I'd say VY isn't close to hitting his ceiling yet, and Fisher has spent this past year deprogramming him of his bad habits. The WRs dropsies didn't help his stats either.

IMO, McNair's prime was more like 2001, at least as a passer. Agreed with your other points.

IMO, McNair's prime was more like 2001, at least as a passer. Agreed with your other points.

That's probably true, I was just grabbing at his SB year, which I now remember he missed part of with back surgery. One thing McNair has shown is toughness that VY hasn't yet had to demonstrate.

While we're giving props to McNair, the second to last play of that SB, where he went down on one hand in his scramble and fired that 30 yard shot down to the 8 still ranks as one of the clutchest plays I've ever seen.

While we're giving props to McNair, the second to last play of that SB, where he went down on one hand in his scramble and fired that 30 yard shot down to the 8 still ranks as one of the clutchest plays I've ever seen.

He was bad-ass on that entire drive. If VY can develop into THAT player, he'll silence all of his critics.

development complete- naw, but I am not optimistic either.

I think your forgetting how fast and elusive McNair was....

dude ran for over 400 yds and more than 4 TD's 5 times, including a high of 674 and 8 TD's - negative VY is bigger - dude is not faster

as for throwing the football?? not even close. Coming out of college and early on McNair could sling all over the field, make all the throws and deliver the football. it did take him time to ramp up- but having a big time, pro-style arm was not in question.

MUCH BETTER than VY has shown.

as strong an arm- I disagree there as well- McNair was a stud, and had a cannon.

if VY can develop even close to McNair I think that would be a hugh success.

Edited by wildcat2334

development complete- naw, but I am not optimistic either.

I think your forgetting how fast and elusive McNair was....

dude ran for over 400 yds and more than 4 TD's 5 times, including a high of 674 and 8 TD's - negative VY is bigger - dude is not faster

as for throwing the football?? not even close. Coming out of college and early on McNair could sling all over the field, make all the throws and deliver the football. it did take him time to ramp up- but having a big time, pro-style arm was not in question.

MUCH BETTER than VY has shown.

as strong an arm- I disagree there as well- McNair was a stud, and had a cannon.

if VY can develop even close to McNair I think that would be a hugh success.

Here are VY's rookie stats on the ground:

2006* 83 552 7 6.7

In 2 years he has 10 TDs, which is more than 25% of McNair's career.

Thank you for playing. :D

Here are VY's rookie stats on the ground:

2006* 83 552 7 6.7

In 2 years he has 10 TDs, which is more than 25% of McNair's career.

Thank you for playing. :D

I must have missed the joke......... so VY is effective running the ball, this proves he is faster than McNair ?? thanks for the Sarge-style rebuttal.

Awesome!! so if he doesn't reach those numbers again, which is pretty likely - he still will be short of McNair's best year-

yer the one who made a McNair/VY comparison, which is ridiculous given what a talented passer McNair was.

I must have missed the joke......... so VY is effective running the ball, this proves he is faster than McNair ?? thanks for the Sarge-style rebuttal.

Awesome!! so if he doesn't reach those numbers again, which is pretty likely - he still will be short of McNair's best year-

yer the one who made a McNair/VY comparison, which is ridiculous given what a talented passer McNair was.

You're kidding right? I used the stats YOU went to: rushing and TDs. You don't like using them, then why did you bring them up? Who's being sarge here?

40 yard dash times aren't posted from 1995. You got a link?