[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HOF Finalists Announced

budlitebrad

Two first-year eligible players, wide receiver Cris Carter and cornerback Darrell Green are among the 17 finalists who will be considered for election to the Pro Football Hall of Fame when the Hall’s Board of Selectors meets in Phoenix, Arizona on Saturday, February 2, 2008.

Joining the two first-year eligible players, are 12 other modern-era players, one contributor and two players nominated earlier by the Hall of Fame’s Senior Committee. The contributor finalist is former National Football League Commissioner Paul Tagliabue. The Senior Committee nominees, announced in August 2007, are Chicago Cardinals back Marshall Goldberg and Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Emmitt Thomas. The other modern-era player finalists include defensive ends Fred Dean and Richard Dent; linebackers Randy Gradishar, Derrick Thomas and Andre Tippett; guards Russ Grimm, Bob Kuechenberg and Randall McDaniel; punter Ray Guy; wide receivers Art Monk and Andre Reed; and tackle Gary Zimmerman.

I can't imagine it would be as an Eagle. All his accomplishments came as a Viking and he didn't even have a 1000 yd season in Philly. Plus that whole BS with Buddy Ryan...

I believe it came out later on in Carter's career that Buddy let him go because of the drugs and did a noble thing by not outing his problem to anyone. That is my understanding of the situation.

Candidates:

Cris Carter

Fred Dean

Richard Dent

Marshall Goldberg

Randy Gradishar

Darrell Green

Russ Grimm

Ray Guy

Bob Kuechenberg

Randall McDaniel

Art Monk

Andre Reed

Paul Tagliabue

Derrick Thomas

Emmitt Thomas

Andre Tippett

Gary Zimmerman

Min of Four; Max of Seven (based on who I THINK will get the nods, not who I want to get the nods):

Tier I:

1. Paul Tagliabue

2. Derrick Thomas

3. Darrell Green

Tier II (no certain order) -- at least one of these guys gets in:

Fred Dean

Richard Dent

Marshall Goldberg (one of the two old timers makes it; not sure which one)

Randy Gradishaw

Russ Grimm

Ray Guy

Bob Kuechenberg

Art Monk

Emmitt Thomas (one of the two old timers makes it; not sure which one)

Gary Zimmerman

No real shot this year:

Cris Carter

Randall McDaniel

Andre Reed

Andre Tippett

Edited by muck