[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Legal troubles for Randy Moss?

Wolverines Fan

Per ProFootballtalk.com. I don't know how reliable this info is.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

HOT WATER FOR MOSS?

Posted by Mike Florio on January 15, 2008, 10:49 p.m.

With a chance for his first Super Bowl appearance only days away and a shot at a huge free-agency payday just around the corner, receiver Randy Moss reportedly has been involved in his first off-field incident since leaving Minnesota.

According to WDBO-AM radio, a temporary injunction has been entered against Moss “for protection against dating violence.”

Moss reportedly cannot come within 500 feet of the complaining witness, or use or possess firearms.

The woman who obtained the injunction claims that Moss committed a battery against her, and then refused to allow her to seek medical attention.

A hearing has been set for January 28.

As far as we can tell, Moss has not been arrested and currently faces no criminal charges. Still, it’s the last thing that he or the Patriots need as they prepare to continue to build upon a 17-0 record.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For every player that commits bad deeds, there is sadly some gold digger willing to lie and go for money from an out of court settlement. Makes it always hard to tell who is zooming whom.

For every player that commits bad deeds, there is sadly some gold digger willing to lie and go for money from an out of court settlement. Makes it always hard to tell who is zooming whom.

It may not be the same Randy Moss

Earlier Tuesday evening, WDBO-AM Radio 580 in Central Florida reported Patriots WR Randy G. Moss was hit with a temporary injunction for protection against dating violence. However the story now has been taken down from the radio station's website.

After some searching, we dug up a court document, filed on Jan 14, that does list a person by the name of Randy G. Moss accused of "dating violence" against a woman named Rachelle Washington. Outside of WDBO radio's intial report, there is no telling if the Randy G. Moss in the court document is the same Randy G. Moss that plays wide receiver for the New England Patriots. It is worth noting that Patriots' Randy G. Moss is married, but does make his offseason home in Boca Raton, FL.

Per ProFootballtalk.com. I don't know how reliable this info is.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

HOT WATER FOR MOSS?

Posted by Mike Florio on January 15, 2008, 10:49 p.m.

With a chance for his first Super Bowl appearance only days away and a shot at a huge free-agency payday just around the corner, receiver Randy Moss reportedly has been involved in his first off-field incident since leaving Minnesota.

According to WDBO-AM radio, a temporary injunction has been entered against Moss “for protection against dating violence.”

Moss reportedly cannot come within 500 feet of the complaining witness, or use or possess firearms.

The woman who obtained the injunction claims that Moss committed a battery against her, and then refused to allow her to seek medical attention.

A hearing has been set for January 28.

As far as we can tell, Moss has not been arrested and currently faces no criminal charges. Still, it’s the last thing that he or the Patriots need as they prepare to continue to build upon a 17-0 record.

Possible criminal activity................................Waterman's love for Moss grows and grows.

From Boston.com....

Visit My Website

To early to speculate, but something doesn't seem right. If she's a friend why would she be trying to get money out of him......

Just what we need this week. :D

Edited by nhoops

I don't know if he's actually married or not. But he's been with the same gal since college and they do have 3 kids together I believe. But not sure if they ever actually got hitched in a ceremony or if it's more a common law thing...

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Randy Moss said Wednesday that allegations he committed battery against a woman are false and that she made the claim to get money from him.

"I want to make something clear," the Patriots wide receiver said while surrounded by reporters and cameras at his locker. "In my whole entire life of living 30 years, I've never put my hand on one woman, physically or in an angry manner."

No but he did use a car to push that meter maid down the street.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Randy Moss said Wednesday that allegations he committed battery against a woman are false and that she made the claim to get money from him.

"I want to make something clear," the Patriots wide receiver said while surrounded by reporters and cameras at his locker. "In my whole entire life of living 30 years, I've never put my hand on one woman, physically or in an angry manner."

Maybe he likes guys??? :D

Well, and even though charges of domestic battery were dropped in exchange for agreement to counseling, there was this ...

However, in an incident in 1996, Moss and Elizabeth "Libby" Offutt, the mother of his four children, both were charged in a domestic dispute after police were called to Offutt's home in St. Albans, W.Va., St. Albans police chief Joe Crawford said yesterday. Police filed a criminal complaint alleging that Moss repeatedly pushed Offutt down as she tried to rise from a sitting position and threw "steaming" hot water on her when she told him to leave, the Charleston (W.Va.) Daily Mail reported at the time. The complaint, filed in Kanawha County Magistrate Court, stated that Offutt, then 21, had abrasions on her neck and face and minor cuts and bruises on her arms, the paper reported. Moss, who was 19, told police that Offutt hit and kicked him and broke his gold necklace, according to the newspaper's account of the complaint. Misdemeanor domestic battery charges against Moss and Offutt were dismissed after they agreed to counseling.

When someone in a legal mess uses an absolute like "in my whole life" and "I've never", it just opens the door for the "well, what about ..." that begin to undermine the credibility of the absolutes and the individual. Dang, Randy, be careful with the absolutes! Yep he was just 19 -- but that is still inside the "entire life" comment ...

That having been said -- why just the restraining order request and no criminal charge in this latest case if Moss truly assaulted this friend -- intimate friend -- of 11 years? Why did this one jump to a six-figure demand rather than just the cost of medical bills and a new car? :D Opportunism based on superbowl timing? Sure smells like it to me ... From an intimate friend of more than a decade? Dang.

It's unfortunate to see this after Moss seemingly tried to reform in NE -- yep, he stubbed his toe in his yammering about Jerry Rice's record, but short of that stupidity, his behavior has been seemingly appropriate. If this allegation is baseless, it's a dang shame. If he hid hurt her, it's a dang shame. Dang.

Edited by Donutrun Jellies