[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Legal troubles for Randy Moss?

Wolverines Fan

Friedberg: Moss accuser sought $500,000

January 17th, 2008 – 8:04 AM by Kevin Seifert

Local defense attorney Joe Friedberg, who remains part of New England WR Randy Moss’ legal team, is telling multiple media outlets that the woman who sought a restraining order against Moss asked him for $500,000 last week to keep the story quiet. Moss refused, and the story surfaced on a Florida radio station Wednesday.

Friedberg represented Moss in 2002 following the now-infamous TrafficCopGate incident in downtown Minneapolis. Friedberg is not licensed to practice in Florida, where the incident happened, but he told KFAN Radio (1130-AM) that he is helping Moss secure local counsel in Florida.

Moss is being accused of injuring the woman, whom he has been friends with for 11 years, and denying her medical aid. Friedberg, however, called the accident a result of “consensual horseplay” between Moss and the victim.

http://nc.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1292

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friedberg: Moss accuser sought $500,000

January 17th, 2008 – 8:04 AM by Kevin Seifert

Local defense attorney Joe Friedberg, who remains part of New England WR Randy Moss’ legal team, is telling multiple media outlets that the woman who sought a restraining order against Moss asked him for $500,000 last week to keep the story quiet. Moss refused, and the story surfaced on a Florida radio station Wednesday.

Friedberg represented Moss in 2002 following the now-infamous TrafficCopGate incident in downtown Minneapolis. Friedberg is not licensed to practice in Florida, where the incident happened, but he told KFAN Radio (1130-AM) that he is helping Moss secure local counsel in Florida.

Moss is being accused of injuring the woman, whom he has been friends with for 11 years, and denying her medical aid. Friedberg, however, called the accident a result of “consensual horseplay” between Moss and the victim.

http://nc.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1292

I heard about this earlier today. If this is true her credibility just went out the window, and IMO she should be investigated for blackmail.

There is no room in the law for not being completely literal. Randy has broken no law therefore is NOT in legal trouble. I can't say the same for his female friend.

What has she been charged with?

She went through legal steps to start the process and protect herself ,he addressed the media with a statement.

Edited by xtra

What has she been charged with?

She went through legal steps to start the process and protect herself ,he addressed the media with a statement.

If it can be proved she tried to extort money from him there will be charges.

Didn't the same thing happen to Jerome Bettis a few years ago? Some lady accused him of something and in the end, she was the one charged with a crime.

Pardon my legal ignorance, but doesn't one need some sort of reason to get a restraining order against somebody?

If not, I'd like to get a restraining order against some of my idiot co-workers who ask me stupid questions every 5 minutes.

Restraining orders kick in right away for the protection of the alleged victim from imminent danger. It was issued "ex parte" after the judge considered her side of the story and lasts until the hearing. If Moss decides to skip the full hearing during SB week, they will only hear the woman's side of the story, which isn't good for Moss since he has a record.

Edited by budlitebrad

Restraining orders kick in right away for the protection of the alleged victim from imminent danger. It was issued "ex parte" after the judge considered her side of the story. If Moss decides to skip the full hearing during SB week, they will only hear the woman's side of the story, which isn't good for Moss.

So it sounds like judges will give them out with little or no evidence initially and then make a long-term decision after the hearing.

Even in light of Moss' past, I get the feeling that she's full of it. If this indeed did happen, I suspect that she would've called the police and pressed charges right away. I could be wrong, but I find it really odd that she wouldn't call the police initially.

If it can be proved she tried to extort money from him there will be charges.

Didn't the same thing happen to Jerome Bettis a few years ago? Some lady accused him of something and in the end, she was the one charged with a crime.

If it can be proved,he only has accused her of it form a defensive standpoint.Its very likely she did,

But when he lies during the same statement he accuses her of blackmail it weakens his stance.

Edited by xtra

If it can be proved,he only has accused her of it form a defensive standpoint.Its very likely she did,

But when he lies during the same statement he accuses her of it weakens his stance.

In English please.

Randy Moss' attorney indicated that the woman requesting a restraining order against him injured a finger in their "consensual horseplay."

Moss isn't expected to face criminal charges, and doesn't have to appear in court for his January 28th hearing in Florida. He and the woman have known each other for 11 years, and the woman hasn't accused Randy of hitting her, but she reportedly got x-rays on her injured finger that came back negative. How she injured the finger is unknown, but "getting Randy" is starting to take on a whole new meaning.

Source: Providence Journal