[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference Championship weather

DMD

Looks like it will be around THREE DEGREES in Green Bay on Sunday. No wind but man that is cold.

New England currently calls for a balmy 15 degrees but with a chance of snow and wind that could reach 18 MPH. That could have an effect on the passing game.

Oh yeah, playing in Dallas would have been much warmer

:D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up here weather reports vary greatly. The difference between wind chills in the single digits/teens and below zero are great. Much more pain below zero. Both say winds at about 12 dropping down at night.

So far this week the temps have been above the predictions. We'll see.

They've been predicting the cold is coming the next day since sunday. On that date it was supposed to be here mondauy, now they are saying it's coming thursday night. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get here and stayed in the 20's.

Edited by Randall

reports are changing slightly day to day here...

the range is between 10 and 23 degrees, winds 12+ mph possible gusts to 20 mph, (NW)

no snow, should be prtly cloudy to sunny.

the cold is supposed to move in on sunday, saturday should be in the 30's,

so it will be getting cold, not the 2nd 3rd day of arctic cold, like it could be in GB

anyway you shake it, it will be cold but dry, not to windy....as of today anyway

reports are changing slightly day to day here...

the range is between 10 and 23 degrees, winds 12+ mph possible gusts to 20 mph, (NW)

no snow, should be prtly cloudy to sunny.

the cold is supposed to move in on sunday, saturday should be in the 30's,

so it will be getting cold, not the 2nd 3rd day of arctic cold, like it could be in GB

anyway you shake it, it will be cold but dry, not to windy....as of today anyway

Keep us updated. Thanks.

Sounds like the makings of another big running day for Ryan Grant.

He has to show his old team what he has.

Make sure you keep that cold weather in Minnesota. Don't let it cross the border before monday. :D

Forecast for NE now calls for around 15 degrees and CROSS winds of 22 MPH. That's a fairly significant crosswind that affects both teams at all times.

Forecast for NE now calls for around 15 degrees and CROSS winds of 22 MPH. That's a fairly significant crosswind that affects both teams at all times.

How do they determine which way the wind is going to blow 4 days in advance? And besides, the field is built about 50 feet below ground level so the wind typically has very little effect. Just an FYI.

How do they determine which way the wind is going to blow 4 days in advance?

:D Duh... Meteorologists are now able to channel the soul of Al Gore in order to give them climate related powers of prognostication. Pretty sure I read that on the internet somewhere.

How do they determine which way the wind is going to blow 4 days in advance? And besides, the field is built about 50 feet below ground level so the wind typically has very little effect. Just an FYI.

easy to determine the direction of the wind days in advance....it has to do with

the direction of the front that is advancing on the region...in this case from the N/NW

but that, along with the predicted wind speed, is if you are standing in your backyard, etc....

the more imporatnt thing to think about is, the wind speed and how it will be cutting through

Gillette...no, it won't be a constant 12 mph out of the NW, or even gusts of 20mph out of the NW.

it will swirl and/or enter the stadium at its openings (endzone) and over the top of it

creating all kinds of wind direction.

so bottom line is, the stronger the winds, the more chance of 'stadium winds' coming from

any direction and sometimes at greater speed than forecast...kinda like walking in

downtown Boston between the buildings, but not quite as severe.

as of now, i dont see wind having much of a factor on the passing game...maybe a little on the kicking game.

actually it is fun.. its they way the game is supposed to be played ...

Absolutely. Wind is the real issue for the passing game.

Why is the game so late? It's sunday so why not 3:00?

Oh yeah 2 1/2 hours of extra commercials. :D

Absolutely. Wind is the real issue for the passing game.

Why is the game so late? It's sunday so why not 3:00?

Oh yeah 2 1/2 hours of extra commercials. :D

The weather in Green Bay for Sunday night (as with the late start of the game , its really a night game ) is 0 degrees ...possibly less

throw in the wind chill and its sub zero

Great weather to watch a game ...from home :wacko:

as of now, i dont see wind having much of a factor on the passing game...maybe a little on the kicking game.

:D Wishful thinking???

I think it is funny that Charger fans want a crap weather game more than the "Winter Weather" home team. We know what is up! Stopping Tom Brady and that passing game is almost impossible. BUT THIS IS FOOTBALL. A game played in almost all conditions! The Pats are clearly much more "one dimentional" than the Chargers. I am pretty sure Bel-I-cheat (and the Pats fans too which is Ironic :wacko: ) does NOT want this to turn into a smashmouth, grind it out game in bad conditions. The National media and the PATs fans are the ones that are more concerned about the weather conditions than the Chargers (& fans) are. All the talk about "how will it effect the Pats passing game??? I think there is an actual understanding that this is a finesse team and will be much more effected than the Chargers. I wonder which team actually has the most pressure on them to win now.

Sure, I would love to see my Boltz get a help from the man upstairs! But that would either be an excuse for a Pats loss OR proof that the more balanced team won, whichever team it is. It just seems like there are already a lot of "factors" that are being brought out as to why the Pats could lose this game. Not one "expert" is picking the Boltz in this game, and I understand why. But...

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

Funny! :D

:D Wishful thinking???

I think it is funny that Charger fans want a crap weather game more than the "Winter Weather" home team. We know what is up! Stopping Tom Brady and that passing game is almost impossible. BUT THIS IS FOOTBALL. A game played in almost all conditions! The Pats are clearly much more "one dimentional" than the Chargers. I

You may be right.

Winds: WNW at 25mph

Wind Gusts: 44 mph