[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dungy stepping down?

Fantasy Jesus

Citing a league source, Profootballtalk.com reports that Colts coach Tony Dungy will step down and be replaced by assistant head coach Jim Caldwell.

Dungy isn't expected to make his decision official before next Monday, but most close to the situation have expected him to retire. Caldwell is highly regarded in the Colts' locker room, especially by Peyton Manning. Jan. 16 - 2:21 pm et

Source: Profootballtalk.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...573&id=1542

Citing a league source, Profootballtalk.com reports that Colts coach Tony Dungy will step down and be replaced by assistant head coach Jim Caldwell.

Dungy isn't expected to make his decision official before next Monday, but most close to the situation have expected him to retire. Caldwell is highly regarded in the Colts' locker room, especially by Peyton Manning. Jan. 16 - 2:21 pm et

Source: Profootballtalk.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...573&id=1542

This really sucks. He was a class act. But I do understand "family first". I wish him well in all his future efforts.

This really sucks. He was a class act. But I do understand "family first". I wish him well in all his future efforts.

+1

I'd like Tony to stick around for one more year, but completely understand if he doesn't.

I don't know much about Caldwell and would rather that the Colts go with a more proven HC like Cowher or John Fox. Especially when they have the talent to win it all. The one positive to Caldwell would be that since he's an offensive guy, Meeks would likely stay and they'd keep the same scheme. They really don't have the defensive talent to make a significant change at this point (e.g., to a 3-4 or something).

Local KFAN just talked about this and said that Dungy is still talking about coming back next year to open the new stadium. Polian wnats him back for next year and Dungy said his wife and he are still open to it.

No one will know for sure until Monday morning...like he said.. Gut feeling has been that he will move on...but this has been a very hard decision for him either way. I just think that when he does step away, it's for good...and maybe that's why he's having such a hard time letting it go.

Edited by Hitman

I don't know much about Caldwell and would rather that the Colts go with a more proven HC like Cowher or John Fox.

ya think? Finally the voice of reason. If Cowher would be interested, it should be one of the easiest choices imaginable. A hard-nosed defense-minded guy with an extremely impressive track record to the Colts?? Oh yeah, let's blow him off for an asst coach who may or may not be worth a flip as HC so he can be Manning's lap dog....pass. Yeah the idea of "within the system" consistency and all is nice, but cmon.

I just wish Dungy would get on with his praying or whatever and make a freakin decision. And why would he give a rat's behind about "opening the new stadium?" How about this coach: we'll invite you to the grand opening if you retire. You can cut the ribbon and everything.

ya think? Finally the voice of reason. If Cowher would be interested, it should be one of the easiest choices imaginable. A hard-nosed defense-minded guy with an extremely impressive track record to the Colts?? Oh yeah, let's blow him off for an asst coach who may or may not be worth a flip as HC so he can be Manning's lap dog....pass. Yeah the idea of "within the system" consistency and all is nice, but cmon.

I just wish Dungy would get on with his praying or whatever and make a freakin decision. And why would he give a rat's behind about "opening the new stadium?" How about this coach: we'll invite you to the grand opening if you retire. You can cut the ribbon and everything.

They lost this past weekend and he said he will make a decision this weekend. One week isn't enough? What did you want him to do? Honestly.

Cowher has repeatedly said that he's not available this year.

The guy took a week to sit down with his family to determine if he was going to come back or not. Jeebus, Lighten up Francis.

Dungy is ALL CLASS and you wonder why some cant stand Pats fans

Keggerz I didn't state the Dungy was classless. In fact, If there were any coach I would want to coach the Pats it would be Dungy. I've always admired his coaching on the field as well has his relationship with his players. He's been nothing but classy IMO in fact i'll even make the statement that he's got more class than BB. God you're pathetic when if comes to Pats fans having a little bit of fun.

Keggerz I didn't state the Dungy was classless. In fact, If there were any coach I would want to coach the Pats it would be Dungy. I've always admired his coaching on the field as well has his relationship with his players. He's been nothing but classy IMO in fact i'll even make the statement that he's got more class than BB. God you're pathetic when if comes to Pats fans having a little bit of fun.

i was inferring that it was "classless" to use the One and Dun(gy) remark is all....i know you were kidding but i didnt see the point in it

See, if you had just sucked his nads from the beginning, all would have been well.