[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Green bay packers

isleseeya

As a die hard Giants fan i am hoping andf rooting hard for big blue this weekend

the more i read about this game and look at the facts , it would appear GB should win and maybe even by double digits

at home , playing great football , with 5 wr's sets and weapons at that position , emergence of Ryan Grant , very solid hard hitting defense , etc

all factors point to a win

my question is what would it take for the Giants to win ( as viewed by packer fans ) ?

certainly i give the giants a fighting chance especially iof they can put pressure on favre and run the ball themselves ...but more curious to the other side's perspective

A poor game by Favre or very cold windy weather negating the passing games. It looks like your DB's are so banged up that if these don't happen it would be hard to win.

Not impossible of course. You have a good team.

Good pt on pressure up the middle and short passing game for giants and jacobs

Favre really has not been rattled this year nor has he had those disastrous games he can have once and a while either

He went deep into double coverage against Dallas and was pretty bad in the cold in Chicago. McCartthy has shown him he doesn't have to win games himself. Even last week down by 14 he stuck with the game plan.

He will throw a couple of bad balls though.

If the weather is bad and you have to run alot here's to hoping you see a lot of this.

Good pt on pressure up the middle and short passing game for giants and jacobs

Favre really has not been rattled this year nor has he had those disastrous games he can have once and a while either

Except for the Bears game. But then, the whole team stunk as well.

As a die hard Giants fan i am hoping andf rooting hard for big blue this weekend

the more i read about this game and look at the facts , it would appear GB should win and maybe even by double digits

at home , playing great football , with 5 wr's sets and weapons at that position , emergence of Ryan Grant , very solid hard hitting defense , etc

all factors point to a win

my question is what would it take for the Giants to win ( as viewed by packer fans ) ?

certainly i give the giants a fighting chance especially iof they can put pressure on favre and run the ball themselves ...but more curious to the other side's perspective

Nice "karma" thread.

Anyway, I realize the Giants have improved tremendously, but I think what ANY team needs to do to exploit Green Bay remains the same:

- shut down the run - forget all that garbage about GB "not being able to run the ball" - they've been better than they have to be for the latter half of the season. Stopping Ryan Grant with your front 7 makes things easier on your CBs, who will need all the help they can get...

- take away the quick slant with LBs/safeties in coverage - because if you are counting on your CBs to play inside coverage, Favre will go up top right quick on your team - easier said than done.

- avoid mismatches in the passing game - Favre and the WRs are savvy enough to spot in mismatch in the secondary in about a half second and take advantage of it. Easier said than done.

- exploit Collins and Bigby in coverage - your TEs/backs/slot WRs need to take the game to GB's safeties and make them cover, where they are subpar; if you don't, they will be flying up and laying the lumber on your RBs and inside receivers

- exploit Brady Poppinga with your TE - Pops is a VERY good run player; but against any competent TE, he's hide-the-children bad when forced to cover. This is where the Giants will really miss Shockey.

All that normal "pressure Favre" stuff doesn't wash with me anymore; he's been making the right decision vs whatever pressure teams bring all season. IMO the biggest thing to come out of that Dallas game was that Favre got the team into a hole by heaving up crazy deep passes, and Rodgers got them out of it by playing under control and letting the WRs make plays underneath. Favre ain't as dumb as he likes to make out, he saw this and I think realized that the team around IS pretty good, and he doesn't have to win the game by himself on every other pass.

It would take all the stars to align just right for the G-men to win.

:D

Giants need the pash rush in full effect to get Favre out of his game. They're definitely a team you can't count out with those superior DEs AND all that depth at that position. One pressure could be disaster for Favre, you know the Pack are going to need to win the trenches for an effective running game to help Favre. Giants secondary NEEDS to prevent long gains, but even harder for them will be having to run up and MAKE those tackles against these receivers.

Justin Tuck could be a problem if they put him inside over Colledge.

Yeah have to watch out for obvious passing downs. They are more dangerous in those situations.

Here's an update on the injuries:

C Scott Wells stopped practicing after he suffered a minor pull of his glute. Mike McCarthy said it was just a precaution. Wells said he was "fine" and would be there Sunday;

CB Will Blackmon (foot) was indeed sore today. He said he was fine and went through everything, but he didn't look 100 percent. "How he feels tomorrow will be key," McCarthy said. "He felt a little sore as he went through it, but he was able to work today so we'll see how he is tomorrow."

LB Nick Barnett had a tight hamstring and was removed for precautionary reasons. It's not thought to be something that will keep him out.

wont work ...all the karma for that idea and moment was used up on Irish's NFC title Cowboy thread last week :D

Well, that was lame humor that he had to be punished for by the Football Gods, who are humorless gods indeed.

My idea would be a double-reverse mojo hex, which is a totally different bag o'cats.