[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Garret to stay with Cowboys

Randall

Well I'm assuming JJ has (unofficially) promised him the HC job in a couple years. Kinda circumvents the Rooney Rule, but I'm sure they wouldn't be the first team.

The Rooney rule has its Merits but in a case like this its sad to see the guy get interviewed under it when he has no shot of getting the job. I think it was Matt Millen a few years back that just went ahead and hired someone without adhering to the Rooney rule and I think he got in trouble for it.

Wise (non)move. If not the Cowboys in the next couple of years, there will be better jobs available to him.

That's provided the rest of the league doesn't catch on to his schemes, if they haven't already judging by the lack of late season success. HC positions don't come around that often. You have to strike while the iron is hot and take them when they pop up. Who's to say they don't flop on offense next year due to an injury or something else. He made a mistake IMO, but time will tell...

So now Wade Phillips is a lame Duck coach and all the players know it. Brilliant move by Jerrah. Take a team with great players but lacking in heart and discipline and let them know their coach is powerless, merely keeping the seat warm for the guy down the hall. I can't see how that will go bad.

That's provided the rest of the league doesn't catch on to his schemes, if they haven't already judging by the lack of late season success. HC positions don't come around that often. You have to strike while the iron is hot and take them when they pop up. Who's to say they don't flop on offense next year due to an injury or something else. He made a mistake IMO, but time will tell...

So true. Sad part is if it flops or injuries happen he may have blow his changes for another 5-10 years. I just hate for people to start to only see him as an OC only or not give him a chance later because he blow off two offers. And figure he might just waste their time and money like he did the Falcons and Ravens.

Jerry to Jason

Here is a check for 5 Million Dollars

Jason to Jerry

What is this for?

Jerry to Jason

Here is another check for 3 million to cover taxes and what not.

Jason to Jerry

Should I call Atlanta and Baltimore and tell them that I am not available?

Jerry to Jason

Yes

Well I'm assuming JJ has (unofficially) promised him the HC job in a couple years. Kinda circumvents the Rooney Rule, but I'm sure they wouldn't be the first team.

Does the Rooney Rule apply if a team promotes an assistant coach (i.e. Caldwell replacing Dungy in Indianapolis)?

In this day and age of produce or your out, there always seems to be at least one HC position open. But this is a gamble, things could go south and lower your value. But, win an SB, and the price takes off..... And let's face it, Dallas has a legitimate shot at doing this in the next couple of years.

In this day and age of produce or your out, there always seems to be at least one HC position open. But this is a gamble, things could go south and lower your value. But, win an SB, and the price takes off..... And let's face it, Dallas has a legitimate shot at doing this in the next couple of years.

Do not underestimate the power of Wade Phillips to screw up Bill's team.

Garrett should have taken the Baltimore job. Atlanta is completely f'ed up and no one currently in football should take that job.

:D

So now Wade Phillips is a lame Duck coach and all the players know it. Brilliant move by Jerrah. Take a team with great players but lacking in heart and discipline and let them know their coach is powerless, merely keeping the seat warm for the guy down the hall. I can't see how that will go bad.

How is today's move any different than hiring Garret prior to hiring Coach Phillips?