[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packer Fan Gone Wild

'canes2004

Ok, I'm confused - are people saying we should shrug off the incident itself (crazy guy taping his 7 year old to a chair, then taping the jersey to him), or shrug off some of the comments made here on the board about it?

Either way - guy deserves jail time - not 5 years, but a few days at least (assuming this is the only incident), and preferrably when it'll point out some priorities, like SB weekend.

He needs something. Maybe some counseling as a stayed sentence, jail time if he doesn't follow through? I don't think you should shrug it off. I do think the court system can handle it.

Wow... I could totally see anyone of my friends joking around with their kids like this. Did it go too far? Maybe, but none of us were there to see. To suggest that he needs jail time for this is pretty ridiculous IMHO. There are Dad's that get drunk and smack their family around for kicks that don't get the kind of negative attention this guy has gotten for essentially playing too aggressively with his kid.

Ummmm, I definitely think some of the people in this thread and the guys wife have blown things out of proportion, especially since the charges were dropped and the judge said there wasn't even enough evidence to warrant further investigation of any mental harm done to the child. Sounds to me like there may be some bad blood between mom and dad and mom decided to use this as a chance to stick it to dad,

Wow... I could totally see anyone of my friends joking around with their kids like this. Did it go too far? Maybe, but none of us were there to see.

The mother called the cops and filed a restraining order. The cop in the article I linked also said that there were previous domestic issues in that family. Sounds like if the father was joking around, the mother didn't think that it was very funny.

I feel sorry for kids who have to grow up in families like this.

The mother called the cops and filed a restraining order. The cop in the article I linked also said that there were previous domestic issues in that family. Sounds like if the father was joking around, the mother didn't think that it was very funny.

I feel sorry for kids who have to grow up in families like this.

There is a mis-conception in our society that assumes that when domestic violence is an issue that it is always the dad who is to blame. While I readily admit that there are a whole lot of bad dads in the world, it is important to realize that there are also a whole lot of bad moms.

To automatically assume that the dad is wrong here, simply because the mom said he is, is a possible injustice to the dad. Especially since the judge has already dropped all charges brought against the dad by the mom as well having closed any further investigation into this case.

There is a mis-conception in our society that assumes that when domestic violence is an issue that it is always the dad who is to blame. While I readily admit that there are a whole lot of bad dads in the world, it is important to realize that there are also a whole lot of bad moms.

To automatically assume that the dad is wrong here, simply because the mom said he is, is a possible injustice to the dad. Especially since the judge has already dropped all charges brought against the dad by the mom as well having closed any further investigation into this case.

That's true. Instead of the father being an abusive a-hole, he might just be an idiot piece of trailer trash with a mentally-unstable, vindictive trailer trash wife. Either way, I feel bad for that kid.

That's true. Instead of the father being an abusive a-hole, he might just be an idiot piece of trailer trash with a mentally-unstable, vindictive trailer trash wife. Either way, I feel bad for that kid.

If he is being mis-treated in any way I feel bad for the kid also but I do find it interesting that you can make a statement like this one about someone whom you have never met and you think it's that kids dad who is the abusive a-hole

If he is being mis-treated in any way I feel bad for the kid also but I do find it interesting that you can make a statement like this one about someone whom you have never met and you think it's that kids dad who is the abusive a-hole

I was pretty clear in agreeing with you that the father may or may not have been an abusive a-hole.

What is obvious is that this kid isn't in a very good situation. Whether it's because his father is abusive or because his mother is ridiculously vindictive, the kid's family is a complete grease fire.

Edited by Bill Swerski