[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rivers' knee

rebdog

Kevin Acee of the Union Tribune says Rivers has a partially torn ACL in his right knee.

The brace is off the left knee and one is now on the right knee.

This blows. Although, he did apparently practice some today.

If the injury is a tear to the ACL, could they put him out there in good conscience? As a Charger fan, I'm not sure he should play even though its the Championship Final.

Kevin Acee of the Union Tribune says Rivers has a partially torn ACL in his right knee.

The brace is off the left knee and one is now on the right knee.

This blows. Although, he did apparently practice some today.

If the injury is a tear to the ACL, could they put him out there in good conscience? As a Charger fan, I'm not sure he should play even though its the Championship Final.

Ouch

they should go with Volek

I think Rivers would be more of a liability with his injuries then whatever "rust" Volek may have with limited first team snaps. I think the bigger injuries are Gates (toe) and Merriman (flu). Even if LT is limited or can't play with the hyper-extended knee I think Turner can fill in without much of any letdown.

Volek is a good qb..You need to fire on all pistons to beat NE. If Rivers is hobbled I would go with Volek.

Very true.

I think Rivers would be more of a liability with his injuries then whatever "rust" Volek may have with limited first team snaps. I think the bigger injuries are Gates (toe) and Merriman (flu). Even if LT is limited or can't play with the hyper-extended knee I think Turner can fill in without much of any letdown.

If this were to happen, could be a good test to see if Turner lives up to his hype.

I agree with Gates being the main concern. He takes alot of the attention away from the WR. But if he plays and is not at least 80% he may be a non-factor and the Pats can slide more coverage back with him being hobbled/decoy and key more on stopping the run.

It'll be interesting to see who suits up and how the Pats react to it in the 1st half. They tend to make better adjustments at half time.

I agree with Gates being the main concern. He takes alot of the attention away from the WR. But if he plays and is not at least 80% he may be a non-factor and the Pats can slide more coverage back with him being hobbled/decoy and key more on stopping the run.

It'll be interesting to see who suits up and how the Pats react to it in the 1st half. They tend to make better adjustments at half time.

Im pretty sure this is a dumb question,but if the Patriots make such great adjustments at halftime,why dont the opponets have 1 gameplan for each half to counteract them?

Im pretty sure this is a dumb question,but if the Patriots make such great adjustments at halftime,why dont the opponets have 1 gameplan for each half to counteract them?

Shhhhh :D

They don't always but more often than not. Plus many teams are also playing from behind which gets them out of their gameplan and they become 1 dimensional and predictable.

I think the key to beating the Pats is to stay agressive, limit mistakes (The Pats tend to capitalize on these in the 2nd half), and force the Pats to make mistakes, especially in the redzone......which hardly ever happens.

The Bolts are good at this (at least the 2nd half of the year) and this makes me a little nervous about Sunday.

didn't know merriman had the flu he should have plenty of time to fight it off biggest concern would be if others catch it going into the weekend.

Silver lining if Volek plays is that the Pats probably have very little game film on him, and they may not know how the Chargers will game plan with him in the lineup, what his tendencies are, etc. - but this is a pretty small silver lining and probably won't mean much when it's all said and done.

Belichick is on record as saying he thinks this whole 'making adjustments at halftime' is a

ridiculous concept and a misconception.....i happen to agree.

I just heard on a local TV sports program that the stories about Rivers having a torn ACL are false. It was also reported that Rivers took a third of the snaps in practice today. Video of Rivers getting off the bus in Boston showed him walking without a limp and carrying his own bags. I'm confident that he will play on Sunday.

i knew these were coming.....

Well of course you do.

If Belichick told you to doink a chicken you would ask him how does he like his eggs.

the point is that, and i was wondering if anyone would pick up on it (guess not), you make adjustments

throughout the entire game...series to series, play to play. go ahead, wait till halftime, and you'l

find yourself losing to starting the 3 rd qtr....oh wait, thats just where opponents have been

this year when they play the Patriots! :D