[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pacman wants to be a Cowboy

ebartender

That circus is not a criminal circus. Big difference. The fact that Fox/ Romo created a Jessica Simpson theme , Owens is a controversy machine, Wade/ Garret (not much of a circus IMO) Barber :wacko: Not sure of the circus there as well. We need a CB as talented as Pacman. Its a big weakness for Dallas and aside from Penalties the reason we cant stop anyone on 3rd down. That being said I dont want him on my team. It looks like it is going to possibly happen . If it does I hope he helps us win games and I hope he keeps his nose clean but even if both of those things happen it doesnt get rid of the stench :mrcliche: When you lay down in the garbage you begin to smell like it :mrcliche:

Yes, not criminal but Pacman does attract criminal types. TO is just a distraction. Big difference there.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So have we not already established that JJ has no character to begin with? Pacman will come here and be the 4th or 5th high profile personality in Dallas, if that. The media will give him his due 15 minutes, and then it will get back to the Romo-Owens-Wade-Garrett-Barber circus it was last year.

That circus is not a criminal circus. Big difference. The fact that Fox/ Romo created a Jessica Simpson theme , Owens is a controversy machine, Wade/ Garret (not much of a circus IMO) Barber :wacko: Not sure of the circus there as well. We need a CB as talented as Pacman. Its a big weakness for Dallas and aside from Penalties the reason we cant stop anyone on 3rd down. That being said I dont want him on my team. It looks like it is going to possibly happen . If it does I hope he helps us win games and I hope he keeps his nose clean but even if both of those things happen it doesnt get rid of the stench :mrcliche: When you lay down in the garbage you begin to smell like it :mrcliche:

Yes, not criminal but Pacman does attract criminal types. TO is just a distraction. Big difference there.

I actually do believe Pacman is a criminal. My not a criminal circus line was about the other guys that Charles mentioned

Idiotic.

T.O. went for 1350 and 15 and did'nt cause any problems , Wade and Garrett had 13 wins in their first season, Barber just played football. ESPN is to blame for anything and everything about what Romo did on his weekend off.

This kind of went in a different direction than what I wanted it to. The initial reason I posted was in response to dude talking about JJ's character. I think when Pacman holds up that jersey during his welcome press conference, there will be a sense of "what else is new?" in the room, because everyone expects this to happen. In fact, they'd expect this decision from no one else in the league (well, perhaps Crazy Davis).

As far as the circus comment, that was meant to be read as "media circus", just without the help of the adjective. It is my belief that once the buzz dies down around the initial signing of Pacman, he'll be buried amongst the other media "headliners" on the team, which are Tony-Owens-Wade-Garrett-Barber. Maybe even Witten (especially if he keeps doing his thing with BaD Radio).

Edited by Charles

I guess I was more or less saying that I doubt he goes to any team less it be the Boys or the Raiders. I would think that the silver and black are out of the running with the Hall signing, but as I alluded, it is Crazy Davis running that show.

I just don't think that another team would be willing to put up what JJ will put up to get him, is all.

Edited by Charles

Adam "Pacman" Jones is confident he's through with the Tennessee Titans -- and he has already chosen a number he'd like to wear with the Cowboys if he lands in Dallas.

"I really think my days being a Titan [are] over with," Jones said Saturday, according to The (Nashville) Tennessean. "I enjoyed my stay here. I just think my days as a Titan [are] over with."

Jones, appearing at a charity basketball game at Tennessee State University with rosters made up of current and former Titans, signed his name and the number 21 on a football that was being auctioned off for charity instead of the number 32 he wore in two seasons in Nashville.

Asked if that was wishful thinking, he said "that's your idea," according to the report. But Jones also said he believed Deion Sanders, whom he considers a friend, would let him wear the No. 21 that "Prime Time" wore with the Cowboys, according to the report.

Jones, who is still serving an indefinite suspension from the NFL after several run-ins with the law, is reportedly the subject of trade talks between the Titans and Cowboys. Last week, SI.com reported the Cowboys had offered the Titans an additional player after a proposed trade of a seventh-round draft pick for Jones was turned down. "The kid was the sixth pick in the [2005] draft and we need to get something of value in return," an unnamed Titans official told the Web site.

Asked Saturday what his value should be in the trade market, Jones said "I would say a first-round pick if I had to say something, but that ain't up to me," The Tennessean reported.

What a joke.

Guest Chappy
What a joke.

I understand what you mean but no, it's not really a joke. In Pacman's mind, he's awesome!!! He's overlooking the fact that teams are buying the entire package and not just the Pacman that plays on Sundays (well if he doesn't get suspended) :wacko:

Edited by Chappy

I understand what you mean but no, it's not really a joke. In Pacman's mind, he's awesome!!! He's overlooking the fact that teams are buying the entire package and not just the Pacman that plays on Sundays (well if he doesn't get suspended) :wacko:

I agree. The sad part is even if they get a first round pick. Who says that first round pick will be a good on Sundays as Pacman. So either way Titans are just screwed. Because no draft pick is a slam dunk.

ESPN.com reports that talks between the Cowboys and Titans regarding Pacman Jones have stalled.

An internet report claimed Sunday that a press conference was near, but it has proved baseless. The Titans reportedly want a fourth-round pick and a 2009 selection, and the Cowboys smartly don't want to pay that much when they are the only team bidding.

Well, here is fact you can count on concerning Pacman Jones: Exactly what Goodell had to say about him on Monday, the first official day of the NFL Annual Meeting in Palm Beach, Fla.:

"In my last correspondence with Adam I told him I would make my decision prior to the start of training camp. I've seen some of his recent comments that he made on the Michael Irvin radio show; I think some of those comments are encouraging. I've always said that he has to accept responsibility for his actions and that when he does I would reconsider his status."

When asked if clubs interested in possibly trading for Jones know something about his potential reinstatement no one else knows (insert Cowboys here), Goodell was very clear, saying, "The clubs that have contacted us, I have made no commitments about his availability. I've said that I would make an evaluation and decision prior to the training camp, but there have been no promises made by me about what the outcome of that is because I've been very clear - I would like to see how Pacman does and how he responds.

"I think (teams possibly trading for him) know the consequences, they know the status of the player, (so) I assume there will be consideration for that and I don't feel any obligation to do any more than I've said, which is to reconsider his status.

"If he doesn't meet that standard, I don't feel any obligation to reinstate him."