[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Problem with a comish. Pay-outs etc..

rai

There are leagues where the Commish gets compensation but those leagues are very much the exception rather than the rule, and $450 is WAY out of line with anything I have ever seen or heard of outside of a professionally run league, which this clearly is not. The fact that he is pocketing the transaction fees (probably $500 to $1000) on top of it is O-U-T-R-A-G-E-O-U-S.

Under the circumstances there is no way the son should have played for free unless it was announced and agreed upon by the league. There were a number of better solutions.

As for your portion of the prize money… if there were deductions based on the overall prize fund being short they should have been taken pro rata from everyone, not just from the second place share.

Your Commish is doing a very poor job. Terms like unethical and dishonest come to mind but wouldn’t want to be too hard on him. Maybe he is just totally incompetent. I guarantee you that just about everyone reading this thread is shaking his or her head wondering how a league could possibly be this messed up. It is bad.

Here is the problem with your statement. If it was all in the rules prior to the start of the season then what is O-U-T-R-A-G-E-O-U-S is the fact that 15 people paid $450 either know the rules or not caring enough about their $450 to read the rules.

Here is the problem with your statement. If it was all in the rules prior to the start of the season then what is O-U-T-R-A-G-E-O-U-S is the fact that 15 people paid $450 either know the rules or not caring enough about their $450 to read the rules.

Paying someone $1000 to $1500 or more when he can’t post the rules, find a full slate of owners, get the prize money paid by Janurary 20, or even collect the entry fees is OUTRAGEOUS no matter what kind of spin you want to put on it.

I'm going to start a league (and commish) it for people who have $450 to spend and who aren't interested in reading the rules before sending me their entry fee. PM me for details ... :D

It's a 64 team highly competitive league, so get your spots now :D

I'm going to start a league (and commish) it for people who have $450 to spend and who aren't interested in reading the rules before sending me their entry fee. PM me for details ... :D

It's a 64 team highly competitive league, so get your spots now :D

Can I pay $1000 instead?

You need to leave that league.

I am probably going to start my own league I have a core of 5 people so far.

I was just doing this b/c I did not want to make my own league. But I talked to the commish and he doesn't think he is doing anything wrong. He sais every commish needs to make money for the time they put in.

I know it's time and work, but this is an activity not a job. People do it for fun and it's not fun when 70% goes to 1st place and 10% goes to all othere positions and 20% goes up in smoke.

I have an idea to give back some during the season (high points etc.) and give more to 2nd and 3rd place. Still 1st place will get an OK profit but won't be all or nothing.

As people have said the big point is there should not be $2K for overhead. Don't charge me $500 for draft party and $400 for year end party etc..

I had no idea how much he was charging for beer and sanwiches, I knew it was something but when I asked where is all the money he told me some of the things he is allegedly paying for and it still didn't add up.

Edited by rai

Buyer Beware...

The Commish makes out like a bandit whether he wins or loses. How could you possibly be putting up this much money and not have some kind of documentation specifying the payouts? Nobody to blame but yourself for being in this position. I probably wouldn't return if I were you.

Sounds like he's starting his own minature WCOFF, doesn't it?

Frankly, I think this is nothing more than :D

Buyer Beware...

The Commish makes out like a bandit whether he wins or loses. How could you possibly be putting up this much money and not have some kind of documentation specifying the payouts? Nobody to blame but yourself for being in this position. I probably wouldn't return if I were you.

Wisdom here in great amounts.

As people have said the big point is there should not be $2K for overhead. Don't charge me $500 for draft party and $400 for year end party etc..

I had no idea how much he was charging for beer and sanwiches, I knew it was something but when I asked where is all the money he told me some of the things he is allegedly paying for and it still didn't add up.

Those must be some really fancy sandwiches......were they Boar's Head?, did he provide grey poupon? Were there any pickles? Please tell me you at least got pickles. I also hope that the beer was damn good. :D

At our draft party's everyone chips, makes sense. :D

In all seriousness sounds like a crap league and you got hosed. But like others have said every league is different, but I'd have checked the payout before I joined.

None of my leagues are more than $50, the commish doesn't get a cent and pays his way.

One of our leages was $40 (x10) - mfl fee ($70) leaves $330 ($190 for 1st / $100 for 2nd / $40 for 3rd). If you are going to charge for transaction fees than the 2nd...and 3rd place prize should take that into account when dealing out the winnings.