[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference Championship Weekend

Chavez

Whatcha doing?

I'm having a few guests over, and I am providing my fresh salsa (half large red pepper, half large yellow pepper, 5 Roma tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, onion, cilantro, mix, let sit overnight) and brats - they are, as we speak, sitting in the fridge, soaking in a nice bock with some diced onion and two garlic cloves (so I like garlic - what of it?); tomorrow they'll be boiled, I'm going to brave the elements to brown them on the grill, and served.

Tonight, however, while I was prepping the brats and making the salsa, I wussed out and made some chops in the oven (everyone knows props should be made on the grill!) and as a side roasted some tomatoes with parmesan and oregano. Good stuff.

johnsonville brats (eh..didn't want to make three trips while out so just grabbed them) and kraut tomorrow for lunch..... meeting the gingered one for the second game.

tonight i made chicken jagerschnitzel (hunter sauce= onions and mushrooms) with paprika spaetzle... asparagus with hollandaise

have some mothership wit and 2 below (both new belgium)

Whatcha doing?

I'm having a few guests over, and I am providing my fresh salsa (half large red pepper, half large yellow pepper, 5 Roma tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, onion, cilantro, mix, let sit overnight) and brats - they are, as we speak, sitting in the fridge, soaking in a nice bock with some diced onion and two garlic cloves (so I like garlic - what of it?); tomorrow they'll be boiled, I'm going to brave the elements to brown them on the grill, and served.

Tonight, however, while I was prepping the brats and making the salsa, I wussed out and made some chops in the oven (everyone knows props should be made on the grill!) and as a side roasted some tomatoes with parmesan and oregano Good stuff.

That sounds delicious. Temp? How long?

That sounds delicious. Temp? How long?

Bier can probably give you a better recipe, but I just grated some Parm, put it on some Roma tomatoes that I'd cut in half and cleaned, tossed on some oregano, and cooked them in the oven at about 375 for 10 minutes or so.

When it comes to cooking, I am two things - seat-of-the-pants and down-market. :D

Bier can probably give you a better recipe, but I just grated some Parm, put it on some Roma tomatoes that I'd cut in half and cleaned, tossed on some oregano, and cooked them in the oven at about 375 for 10 minutes or so.

When it comes to cooking, I am two things - seat-of-the-pants and down-market. :D

:D I'll try it your way first. I can eat me a whole bunch of tomatoes.

I'm having a Packer fan from Wisconsin here today. I have "Louisiana" hot sausage in the freezer, can I use that, or do to be authentic, do I need to go and buy another kind of sausage or brats? How should I prepare it and with what condiments to make him feel at home?

I was going to serve with kettle chips and a salad. Is there a traditional Wisconsin fave salad dressing? I love making homemade dressings. Should I serve something different as a side?

I'm having a Packer fan from Wisconsin here today. I have "Louisiana" hot sausage in the freezer, can I use that, or do to be authentic, do I need to go and buy another kind of sausage or brats? How should I prepare it and with what condiments to make him feel at home?

I was going to serve with kettle chips and a salad. Is there a traditional Wisconsin fave salad dressing? I love making homemade dressings. Should I serve something different as a side?

If the Packer fan is a true WIsconsinite, it doesn't matter what the hell it is as long as it tastes good. :D

Besides, it's tough to find brats outside the upper midwest anyway.

how authentic do you want to be? if you aren't content with cajn, go out and grab some frankfurters, bockwurst, nurmberger, or knackwurst. simmer in bier and onions for a couple of hours then finish on the grill...... darker bier preferred. serve with mustard and kraut. don't know abouot regional salad, but maybe a german potato salad would do the trick.

Edited by Bier Meister

Johnsonville is trying to expand their market and are sold in the south now and I assume other areas too, though they are marketed differently here.

How so?

Have some country style ribs in the crock.

I'm interested. When I can't do them on the smoker/grill, I usually wrap them in aluminum foil and leave them in the oven for about 4-5 hours at about 250-300. Does the slow cooker work better?

And in the interest of full disclosure, GO GIANTS!

Smoking a 3 lb brisket, and a 4 lb bonless pork tenderloin. Both have been foiled and mopped twice for the last hour. Just about ready to take off to sit a few minutes. By themselves with some Stubb's sauce or on fresh kaiser rolls. Spicy coleslaw to go as a side. Mucho Amber Ales the last 5 hours or so :D

Edited by Hugh B Tool

I'm interested. When I can't do them on the smoker/grill, I usually wrap them in aluminum foil and leave them in the oven for about 4-5 hours at about 250-300. Does the slow cooker work better?

And in the interest of full disclosure, GO GIANTS!

Seared them in a little EVOO. Salt and pepper. Sliced up a medium onion and put it in crock, put the ribs on top of them. Dumped a bottle of John Boy and Billy's BBQ sauce over the top. 6 hours on low and they fell off the bone. Very good. :D

Just had those parmesan tomatoes. Ate 2 lbs. of'em. Agony and ecstacy! Added a pinch of salt and pepper for a little more flavor and I'm just glad i didn't make 3 lbs. Thanks Chavez for a great idea! :D

Edited by The Holy Roller

Thanks Chavez for a great idea! :wacko:

You REALLY want a great idea, patent my long-handled razor so that single men can shave their own backs. :D

Seriously, glad you liked 'em. :D Last night was actually my own first time...but there will be more, oh yes indeed.