[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official NYG @ GBP thread

Swiss Cheezhead

Pack abandoned the Run too quickly

They did not get enough pressure on Manning

and Favre made too many mistakes

weird game as kept thinking Pack would wake up but they never did ..another great full team effort by Giants however :D

one heck of a ride so far

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, great game :D

It was a weird one for me. I'm a big Brett Favre fan, and I was rooting for the Packers when this game began. I really thought a Brady vs. Favre Super Bowl would have been fun. However, by the time Tynes lined up for both the FG in regulation and in OT, I wanted him to make it, and was rooting for the Giants. They had simply played better and deserved the win.

As a Steeler fan that went through their improbable run to the Super Bowl two years ago, I know how good it has to feel being a Giants fan right now. The big difference now is that the Steeelers were favored in the Super Bowl, while the Giants will be heavy underdogs against the Pats. Really, all that does is give the Giants an opportunity to complete the most improbable, unexpected run in NFL History. To me, history will be made in two weeks....either the Patriots will become the best single season team in history, and cement themselves as one of the best dynasties in football history (if they haven't already) or the Giants will complete the biggest underdog run in NFL history. The Giants need to be able to get pressure on Brady from their phenomenal front four, which will allow them to keep 7 in coverage. If the Giants have to start sending 5 or 6 to get pressure on Tom Terrific, they will be in trouble. With their front four, I think they can get to him without blitzing. I'm probably in the minority, but, I expect a very competitive and entertaining Super Bowl. Gun to my head, I'd have to pick the Patriots in a close one, but, I'll be rooting for the underdog. Eli Manning has really earned my respect. When Peyton started he had some extra pressure being Archie's boy. When Eli started, he had the extra pressure of being Archie's boy, Peyton's brother, and the guy that refused to play for the Chargers. He has had a terrific playoff run. I was also happy to see Plaxico playing up to his ability in a hugh game. Pats and Giants fans, enjoy the run, it is what being a fan is all about.

P.S. One piece of advice to Giants fans. Refs miss calls, it happens against both teams in every game. As a fan, you obviously feel like they are going against your team more than the other on lots of occasions. Trust me, the refs aren't unfairly trying to make one team win. Don't bunch yourself in with some other fans who take the :D tactics when calls go against their team. You guys are better than that.

That was a true "live by the sword, die by the sword" moment.

Favre had a great season. Last night it looked like he was just not handling the conditions well and played poorly for it.

He player similarly in Dallas abandoning the game plan and chucking the ball too often. McCarthy needs to reel him in and stick with a more intelligent game plan. Patience Mr Favre.

This loss falls on Favre, which surprises and depresses me. After the season he had, I really didn't want him to be the reason for a defeat at Lambeau.

I think there is plenty of blame to go around for this loss. Favre is but one of several possible goats.

Our defense did everything they could when it mattered, and the O-line pass-protected better than I could have imagined.

This loss falls on Favre, which surprises and depresses me. After the season he had, I really didn't want him to be the reason for a defeat at Lambeau.

Man, I don't know, the DBs looked throughly over-matched and I kept wondering how NY wasn't leading by at least a couple scores for most of the game. It sucks that Favre had a bad game after watching him having a great game the week before.

It was a weird one for me. I'm a big Brett Favre fan, and I was rooting for the Packers when this game began. I really thought a Brady vs. Favre Super Bowl would have been fun. However, by the time Tynes lined up for both the FG in regulation and in OT, I wanted him to make it, and was rooting for the Giants. They had simply played better and deserved the win.

I went through the same thing while watching this game as I initially wanted to see Favre battle the Pats. But, at the end GB simply didn't deserve a victory. NY dominated the stats in TOP, total yardage, and turnovers. This game was similar to Superbowl XL, but this time the better team actually won. :D

He player similarly in Dallas abandoning the game plan and chucking the ball too often. McCarthy needs to reel him in and stick with a more intelligent game plan. Patience Mr Favre.

Disagree. Favre didn't seem to be slinging a lot of passes, he just flat out didn't play well. No one is going to reel in Brett Favre, especially at this point in his career. The Dallas game was the only one this year that I saw him resort to a lot of bad decisions outside the game plan that worked well all year. I think any QB could probably suffer under yesterday's weather conditions. It is just odd that Eli looked comfortable and Favre laid an egg.