[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which fans are more disappointed?

Bronco Billy

First off, hugh congrats to the Giants & their fans. They are on a very, very rare run right now that has carried them to the SB, and against a team that they almost washed out from a perfect season in week 16. Many kudos to you all.

Now the question at hand:

Which group of fans is the more disappointed victim of the Giants' playoff run - The Cowboys fans who felt that a trip to the SB vs NE was all but guaranteed given the regular season success they had and the pieces that had been assembled for them by Parcells prior to his departure or the Packers' fans whose team rose from almost nowhere this season with an aged QB and a surrounding cast that makes up the youngest team in pro football?

Does the entiltled fanbase take the loss harder, or is it the fans of the team that rose to the playoffs after entering the season with very few expectations?

First off, hugh congrats to the Giants & their fans. They are on a very, very rare run right now that has carried them to the SB, and against a team that they almost washed out from a perfect season in week 16. Many kudos to you all.

Which group of fans is the more disappointed victim of the Giants' playoff run - The Cowboys fans who felt that a trip to the SB vs NE was all but guaranteed given the regular season success they had and the pieces that had been assembled for them by Parcells prior to his departure or the Packers' fans whose team rose from almost nowhere this season with an aged QB and a surrounding cast that makes up the youngest team in pro football?

Does the entiltled fanbase take the loss harder, or is it the fans of the team that rose to the playoffs after entering the season with very few expectations?

Has to be the Cowboys' fans, no? Expectations were a lot higher in Dallas.

What about me? For the first time in my life I sat down to watch a Packers game I wanted them to win - so I could see Favre against 18-0.

And look what they did. They lost. At home. In the playoffs. I was bamboozled! F'ing Packers. :D And the worst part is I can't hate them more than I already do.

What about me? For the first time in my life I sat down to watch a Packers game I wanted them to win - so I could see Favre against 18-0.

And look what they did. They lost. At home. In the playoffs. I was bamboozled! F'ing Packers. :D And the worst part is I can't hate them more than I already do.

Favre is Favre. Spectacular one moment, looks like a dumb rookie the next. And yes, I would take him over Tarvaris Jackson.

The Colts fans who thought they'd get a chance against New England or the Cowboys fans

I wanted the Packers to get a taste of the playoffs because they are so young but didn't expect a championship. Definitely high expectations.

The playoffs are always a tough time because teams struggle to get there all season long and then after one game they can be gone. Particularly since each losing team can look at the game and point at just one or two critical plays that may have changed the outcome if they went differently. It's pretty tough when your team loses knowing that they could have won and perhaps would have won a second matchup but such is the nature of the playoffs. 12 teams go in and only 2 reach the Super Bowl. Of the ten losers, at least half will have been in games that could have gone either way for the want of a play or two.

But on the plus side, most fans are at least partially happy to have reached and maybe even advanced in the playoffs once they cool off. And two teams get to advance all the way which is a huge reward to their fans. Many of the Giants fans probably are in almost as much disbelief as the Cowboys and Packers fans are (though for a better reason). Like the Steelers and so many other teams in the past, the Super Bowl often has one "surprise" team and it makes for a delightfully memorable season for their fans.

+1 and I now owe a Giant fan buddy money on top of it. I don't know what's gonna be worse: paying him money, listening to his lip or the fact I was actually rooting for the Packers for a few hours. :D

I'd have to say the Bronco's fans...it seems both Satan and Cutler will be back for next year. :D

Cutler is a future All-Pro for years running, unless I very badly miss my guess (like that's never happened before :D )

Shanahan, on the other hand, had his act wear way too thin on me about 4-5 years ago and it's been gratingly downhill ever since. I've never seen a guy get so much bank out of events that occurred a decade ago when he's done almost nil since and he's had drafts since then that can rival the worst of any team's in the league since that time - and even worse, he's been annoited Emperor for Life by owner Pat Bowlen.

I was actually rooting for the Packers for a few hours. :D

Come ooooon... it felt good and you know it. :D

And Six Kings... there isn't a Packer fan alive that thought they'd be in the Conference Championship this season.

Gotta be Cowboys fans more disappointed. Although, there's something so disappointing about watching Brett get so close to another SB and throwing back breaking INT's. It's a rip-your-heart-out kind of thing.

At least we weren't faced with another 4th and 26 debacle. That one hurt really bad.

Cutler is a future All-Pro for years running, unless I very badly miss my guess (like that's never happened before :D )

Shanahan, on the other hand, had his act wear way too thin on me about 4-5 years ago and it's been gratingly downhill ever since. I've never seen a guy get so much bank out of events that occurred a decade ago when he's done almost nil since and he's had drafts since then that can rival the worst of any team's in the league since that time - and even worse, he's been annoited Emperor for Life by owner Pat Bowlen.

All-Pro for years running......so, when does he start beating out Brady & Peyton for this spot ?

There is only one QB on the All-Pro team, right ? :D

I'm not even sure that a Pro Bowl spot will open up for him anytime soon, as I expect the 3 guys that are going this year to hold those 3 spots for years to come................... :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

At least we weren't faced with another 4th and 26 debacle. That one hurt really bad.

It wasn't giving up the 4th & 26 that was the dagger, it was not having the balls to go for the 4th & 1 despite running at will in that game. Playing not to lose will lead to the undesireable result more often than not..

All-Pro for years running......so, when does he start beating out Brady & Peyton for this spot ?

There is only one QB on the All-Pro team, right ? :D

Yep, that would be on me - I should have said Pro Bowl instead of All-Pro. He could be exceptional, though (if Shanahan didn't go into a f'n shell like a little girl every time he crossed the other team's 20, that is)

It wasn't giving up the 4th & 26 that was the dagger, it was not having the balls to go for the 4th & 1 despite running at will in that game. Playing not to lose will lead to the undesireable result more often than not..

No... trust me... it was the 4th and 26. Dagger shmagger.

And that was also playing not to lose btw. Mike Shermans motto I think.

Yep, that would be on me - I should have said Pro Bowl instead of All-Pro. He could be exceptional, though (if Shanahan didn't go into a f'n shell like a little girl every time he crossed the other team's 20, that is)

I like what I've seen from Cutler as well. I think he has a bright future. Decision making should come with time, and I don't think anyone who has watched him, can come away unimpressed with his physical skills at the position.

I'm blaming the loss on the damn Bears fans who cheered for us. :D

Something about Cutler doesn't add up for me. I see the potential and the skills, but he just seems like he's always trying to hide or something. With his helmet way down... I dunno. He just seems like he has a flat personality and is scared to death. Just my impression is all. I haven't read any interviews or really seen much from him outside of games. Don't flame, just my thoughts.... in the wrong thread... d'oh.

With the exception of a few nuts, I don't know of any Cowboys fans that " felt a trip to the Super Bowl was all but guaranteed". Especially before the season started. Dallas had a great regular season but I did'nt expect it. Everyone forgets that Romo had less than a season of experience going into this year. Everyone also forgets that this was the first year in a new system with a guy at offensive coordinator that had never been one before.

And yes, the Packers are young but without looking it up, I'd venture a guess that Dallas isn't far behind them as far as youth goes. I could be wrong.

At first I was very disappointed not to see the Packers go to the Super Bowl.

Quite honestly, though, the Giants remind me of the 2005 Steelers.

I can realistically see the Giants winning the Super Bowl defeating the Patriots.

I'm Eli Manning's biggest fan for the next two weeks.

GO GIANTS!

And yes, the Packers are young but without looking it up, I'd venture a guess that Dallas isn't far behind them as far as youth goes. I could be wrong.

That's probably true. I hope over the next few seasons that we get some Packers Cowboys playoff games. That would be sweet. It's good for the league I reckon.