[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which fans are more disappointed?

Bronco Billy

At first I was very disappointed not to see the Packers go to the Super Bowl.

Quite honestly, though, the Giants remind me of the 2005 Steelers.

I can realistically see the Giants winning the Super Bowl defeating the Patriots.

I'm Eli Manning's biggest fan for the next two weeks.

GO GIANTS!

I also had the 2005 Steelers go through my mind when thinking of the Giants' chances to win yesterday. When the Steelers beat Indy in 2005, it's like Denver exhaled saying "Thank God we don't have to travel to indy now. We get to host the AFC Championship!". It's like it instilled a false sense of confidence for them, especially after beating New England in the divisional game. I thought it was entirely possible that Green Bay might lose some of their urgency because they didn't have to travel to Dallas... Just wondering aloud... In the times that the #1 seed loses in the divisional round of the playoffs to a #5 or #6 seed, how often does that #5 or #6 seed go on to win the conference title game and get to the Super Bowl? (i.e. - Is there evidence to support a #2 seed let-down when they all of a sudden get to host the conference championship against a "lesser" opponent?)

I like what I've seen from Cutler as well. I think he has a bright future. Decision making should come with time, and I don't think anyone who has watched him, can come away unimpressed with his physical skills at the position.

I saw a graphic this year during a game and they compared Cutler's numbers with Elway's at the same point in their respective careers...Cutler's were definitely better...of course, he has a long road to go!

I saw a graphic this year during a game and they compared Cutler's numbers with Elway's at the same point in their respective careers...Cutler's were definitely better...of course, he has a long road to go!

Cutler's teeth are too small to really compare to elway :D

Now the question at hand:

Which group of fans is the more disappointed victim of the Giants' playoff run - The Cowboys fans who felt that a trip to the SB vs NE was all but guaranteed given the regular season success they had and the pieces that had been assembled for them by Parcells prior to his departure or the Packers' fans whose team rose from almost nowhere this season with an aged QB and a surrounding cast that makes up the youngest team in pro football?

Does the entiltled fanbase take the loss harder, or is it the fans of the team that rose to the playoffs after entering the season with very few expectations?

:D Oh William. I am surprised no one has called you to the carpet for what I see as yet another dig at the Cowboys. Lets look at the wording shall we

The Cowboys fans who felt that a trip to the SB vs NE was all but guaranteed given the regular season success they had and the pieces that had been assembled for them by Parcells prior to his departure
Translation..The team with arrogant fans who have a coach that did nothing to deserve any credit for any success they had this year.

Packers' fans whose team rose from almost nowhere this season with an aged QB and a surrounding cast that makes up the youngest team in pro football
Translation- A young team that was playing with house money that has a bright future.

William. I have a question for you: What bothered you more ?

Getting tea bagged at home 2 years ago by the mediocre at best 49ers on the last game of the year eliminating you from the playoffs ? Or missing the playoffs again this year, not breaking 500 and having the 2nd most points scored against you in the entire NFL ?

Edited by whomper

:wacko: Oh William. I am surprised no one has called you to the carpet for what I see as yet another dig at the Cowboys. Lets look at the wording shall we

Translation..The team with arrogant fans who have a coach that did nothing to deserve any credit for any success they had this year.

Translation- A young team that was playing with house money that has a bright future.

William. I have a question for you: What bothered you more ?

Getting tea bagged at home 2 years ago by the mediocre at best 49ers on the last game of the year eliminating you from the playoffs ? Or missing the playoffs again this year, not breaking 500 and having the 2nd most points scored against you in the entire NFL ?

:D