[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SuperBowl Box Pool...

irish

I figured I'd start another thread about my pool as some of you may have interest but didn't read RR's thread about the box pools. I run a pool in my school for $5 a box. I have already sold over 200 total boxes and am currently working on filling my third sheet of which I am 20 boxes into already. If anyone's looking to get into a small buy-in pool or just any box pool for that matter let me know. A couple things I should mention about my pool are that I take $25 out of the monies of each pool to have a pretty sweet SuperBowl Breakfast for the entire faculty (which unfortunately you guys won't be part of). You know the regular stuff- bagels, spreads, coffee, fruit platters, juices, etc. Also I payout $25 for reverse score winners for each qtr and the end of the game score (4th qtr or OT). The other payouts are 1st qtr- $50, Half- $100, 3rd- $50 and final- $175. So the total is $475 minus the $25 for breakfast. The boxes will get sold one way or the other, just figured I'd offer. Also I don't have a paypal account so everything would have to be done by check.

Let me know...

Huddlers that are in so far...

SheikYerbuti- 4 Paid

Rocknrobn26- 4 Paid

Nogohawk- 4 Paid

Cre8tiff- 4

I_am_the_Swammi- 4 Paid

Edited by irish

I never saw the first thread. So would I be competing with your Sped students? :wacko:

Can I have a few bagels and eggs mailed to my house via FedEx if I join?? (I'm serious)

That would be a no on both counts. But hey BM, you only live in NY so we could arrange for a little breakfast or lunch involving bagels and eggs. :D

Are you hitting on him? heh

Absolutely. I have to make up for the fact that he can't attend the faculty breakfast somehow.

In.

Yes sir. Happy to have you. Nogohawk is also getting in as well.

Interesting. If you only fill out one sheet, the faculty get $25 worth of food, fill out this one and they get $75. Where does the madness stop? :wacko:

WOW! The madness doesn't have to begin if you don't create it. You're just looking for anything. Puddy, if you want in great. If not, that's great too. However, don't look to make trouble, just to make trouble. There's no limit to the amount of boxes any teacher/staff member/participant can take. Therefore, to make things even I take $25 from each pool to throw a breakfast that usually costs more than the combined amount I have. Last year I also had 3 sheets. The year before I only had 2, therefore there was only $50. Obviously getting 300 boxes sold is tough to do but having $75 certainly makes for a nicer breakfast. I'm not looking for the Huddle members to fill out this pool just to take an extra $25 from you guys to throw a breakfast for my fellow teachers. The faculty in my building filled out 3 last year and over the next week and a half would do so again. However, RR asked if anyone had a box pool and I did and thought I'd mention mine. Since then RR, Sheik and Nogohawk have taken boxes knowing the rules. I'm not looking to screw people, don't make it a common practice in my life to screw people and resent the implication that I am. I'm not forcing anyone to buy boxes and have made it clear where all the money goes.

If you had a question in regard to this pool, the rules and how it's run/where the money goes, I would've appreciated a PM asking for clarification instead of trying to bash it by posting this.

Thanks. :D

Edited by irish

Dude....I was just trying to make a little funny. Take it easy.

You gotta throw a wink in there or something versus an unsure smiley guy. I thought you might be joking but certainly wasn't positive and wanted to make sure that anyone who wanted to be part of this pool felt comfortable knowing that things were legit. There's no doubt I want to take it easy, however, when people's money is involved, you can never be to careful.

What's a check?

Yeah no kidding. Sorry about that but that's how it'd have to be done.

I'm in for 4... Let me know if it fills up and I'll send the payola.

Sounds good. It'll get filled within the next week, no doubt.