[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Good Old Days

skylive5

A good read on some of the better quotes and stuff that went on in yesteryear....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aj_h...p&type=lgns

One I really like....

"This ring may wind up in a gutter. But if it does," Redskins kicker Mark Moseley said after claiming the spoils from Washington's victory, "I'll be wearing it."

Speaking of yesteryear, I remember seeing a comparison of a picture of the coin toss from the first "Super Bowl" (Packers-Chiefs) with one of the coin toss from a modern Super Bowl.

I wish I could find it.

This is one of those years where the break between the league conference championship games and the Super Bowl runs for two weeks, begging the same question Dallas Cowboys running back Duane Thomas asked on the eve of the big game in 1972. Like just about everybody else involved, Thomas was tired of the buildup and itching to play when reporters kept probing to find out whether he understood the magnitude of the contest he was about to play in.

"If it's the ultimate game," Thomas finally said with flawless logic, "how come they're playing it again next year?"

He was one of my favs during my school years - loved the way he ran. Too bad he had a short career. :D

A good read on some of the better quotes and stuff that went on in yesteryear....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aj_h...p&type=lgns

One I really like....

"This ring may wind up in a gutter. But if it does," Redskins kicker Mark Moseley said after claiming the spoils from Washington's victory, "I'll be wearing it."

That quote reminds me of Lionel Aldridg(in SB1) who was homeless a time and later diagnosed with schizophrenia. He turned his life around with help and worked with the mentally ill before his death. A sad story that when it became public tons of people offer to help.