[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning center of attention -- too bad it's Archie

rajncajn

This guy's Daddy didn't hug him enough...or teach him how to throw a spiral.

Manning center of attention -- too bad it's Archie

Gregg Doyel Jan. 22, 2008

By Gregg Doyel

CBSSports.com National Columnist

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The legendary quarterback in the New York locker room was surrounded by reporters after the NFC Championship Game, which on most days would be normal enough. But this wasn't normal. This wasn't right. This was, in fact, very wrong.

This was not your moment, Archie Manning.

Neither are the next two weeks. Do everyone else a favor and beat it. If you don't care about everyone else, fine. Then think about it like this: Do your son a favor and beat it.

Archie Manning seems like he was and is a good father. Look at his kids. The kids don't lie about a parent, and Archie's boys appear to be top-notch. Peyton Manning, even with his superstar stats, comes off as a swell guy. Eli Manning, even with the New York media torching him, seems to be a more than decent fellow himself. As a father, Archie did well.

But he's done.

So go away

Read the rest of the article here

Edited by rajncajn

pretty interesting ..this is the first that i had heard about this

Archie could have made a quick cameo and then left ...way article portrays it , it would seem that archie really was a nuisance and media hound which on this day the spot light should have been only on the Giants players and coaches , beginning with eli

pretty interesting ..this is the first that i had heard about this

Archie could have made a quick cameo and then left ...way article portrays it , it would seem that archie really was a nuisance and media hound which on this day the spot light should have been only on the Giants players and coaches , beginning with eli

Do you honestly think that it wasn't? I'm sure the Giants players and coaches got PLENTY of media attention. In fact he even said it was when the players were leaving. That would lead me to believe it was well after the media had talked to the players & coaches.

One thing I thought was funny was that the guy was there long enough to notice several players and others pass by, even particularly noticing Plex walk by in "nothing but a towel" to and from the shower. If he had a problem with it the why did he hang around so long?

Edited by rajncajn

Do you honestly think that it wasn't? I'm sure the Giants players and coaches got PLENTY of media attention. In fact he even said it was when the players were leaving. That would lead me to believe it was well after the media had talked to the players & coaches.

One thing I thought was funny was that the guy was there long enough to notice several players and others pass by, even particularly noticing Plex walk by in "nothing but a towel" to and from the shower. If he had a problem with it the why did he hang around so long?

understood ..but my question now is , should have archie been in the locker room at all ( my answer would be yes ) ? and how long should he have stayed ( my answer is briefly ) ?

i read article again , and probably a mountain was made out of a mole hill by the writer ...but still think a short visit at best is all that was needed

understood ..but my question now is , should have archie been in the locker room at all ( my answer would be yes ) ? and how long should he have stayed ( my answer is briefly ) ?

i read article again , and probably a mountain was made out of a mole hill by the writer ...but still think a short visit at best is all that was needed

Why shouldn't he be in the locker room? I would be very willing to bet that other players' families were there as well.

What a shock. :wacko: Don't forget he's a CBS writer too.

I do think Archie is in too many stories, but not enough to really bother me. They are his kids going to back to back Super Bowls.