[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Interest

SLAYER

I really have no interest in the SB this year, :wacko: I won't go out of my way to watch this year and the commercials have been awful the past couple of years. don't know just sort of blahze(sp) about the whole thing. plus it's Mardi Gras time.

Anybody else feel this way?

I really have no interest in the SB this year, :wacko: I won't go out of my way to watch this year and the commercials have been awful the past couple of years. don't know just sort of blahze(sp) about the whole thing. plus it's Mardi Gras time.

You don't feel like watching Yankees - Red Sox again? Why not?

Nope. I love the SB as it's another time I get together with lots of family and friends to eat, watch the game/commercials/progress of all the box pools and in general have a great time.

Nope. I love the SB as it's another time I get together with lots of family and friends to eat, watch the game/commercials/progress of all the box pools and in general have a great time.

Exactly

I will be drinking heavily, and gambling on things unrelated to who wins.

Sounds like fun.

We like to bet on best commercials before the game starts. The debates over the winner of that bet have been pretty fun in the past.

I won't be having a party here this year but I'm sure we will go over to a friends house for their party.

I really have no interest in the SB this year

Dude, it's the last vehicle for football related gambling for 8 months. Even if you don't give a rat's azz who's playing, that's what prop bets are for. Isn't that the beauty of gambling? It makes you interested in things that you would usually never give a crap about.

:wacko:

Even though I might throw up in my mouth if the Patriots win again, I feel the same way. Super Bowl Sunday is a lot like Thanksgiving, IMO. Good excuse for family, friends, food, and drink at the very least.

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss at least the first half because I'll be flying back into town from a conference. So this year's SB won't be much fun for me. :wacko:

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss at least the first half because I'll be flying back into town from a conference. So this year's SB won't be much fun for me. :wacko:

You need to go to conferences that finish on a Friday. Must be damned important. :D

Man, its the Super Bowl....who cares if you dont like the Pats or Giants...?

being a die hard Pats fan, I feel its going to be a great game....heck, look at all 3 Pats Super Bowls....all by a field goal....all down to the wire games......what makes you think this one won't be exciting ? G Men are a HOT team....almost knocked the Pats off in final regular season game.....they have NOTHING to lose, being a wild card team and 14 pt under dog.....

Last i checked, Pats were 14 pt under dogs when they knocked off on the Rams for their first Championship.......hate to be cliche, but Any Given Sunday....!!

Even though I might throw up in my mouth if the Patriots win again, I feel the same way. Super Bowl Sunday is a lot like Thanksgiving, IMO. Good excuse for family, friends, food, and drink at the very least.

That sucks big time!!

Pffffft...file under Sour Grapes New York Yankee Fan Post #1,261-A, subsection F. :wacko:

If this were the Chargers, Vikings or Ravens going for 19-0 and NFL history (that we can witness in our lifetime), and not a team from the new evil empire, would you still have "no interest" in watching there game there, Joba? :D

always watch the Super Bowl, regardless of who's playing....i remember years when i had no rooting interest (Bucs/Raiders...G Men/Ravens....), always found a way to make it enjoyable.....

but to each their own.......you got a team going for an undefeated season, and another trying to win it all when everyone had them written off....how can you not watch??

I've said it before I'll say it again, I love this game more than any one team or player.

It's the SUPER BOWL for God's sake!

:D:D:wacko:

+1 Well said....

I love football. My favorite part of football is the NFL playoffs. I can't envision ANY scenario where I wouldn't have interest in the Super Bowl.

It is the last great football event of the year. I don't care if it was Arizona and Miami for all the marbles, it's still the Super Bowl!

Please turn in your man card at the door and remember to sit down when you pee from now on.

always watch the Super Bowl, regardless of who's playing....i remember years when i had no rooting interest (Bucs/Raiders...G Men/Ravens....), always found a way to make it enjoyable.....

but to each their own.......you got a team going for an undefeated season, and another trying to win it all when everyone had them written off....how can you not watch??

As a Bears fan, it's rare to have a rooting interest but I would never miss the SB unless I had no choice.