[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tom Brady TD vid...

pig devilz

Spygate was a joke and had no effect on the outcome of Jets game or any of the other 17 games they won. The Pats got caught and have paid their dues. I guess if you're a hater it's the only thing you can bring up as a sour note to an otherwise perfect season thus far.

a joke ? stealing signs and trying to steal plays of your opponent is a joke ?

interesting ...then NFL should allow it and make it official if its such a joke

until then i think its serious enough to be brought up and clearly an item to be associated with Pats season whether they go undefeated or not

psst : its ok as no one really beleives its the main reason pats have won 18 straight ..you can still be proud of your team :wacko:

HA!...best laugh i had all day!

you may be the Titanic, but don't latch on to me like i'm Wilson... :D

and post #114 is very, very incriminating....

:wacko:

Do you still not get that I was joking ? Wow, some guys are slow. I made hundreds of Steeler posts during their Super Bowl winning run two years ago.

Let's put Spygate in perspective.

The Pats were already one of the favorites to win it all when this broke. They'd already won 3 SuperBowls in the last 6 years.

Their coach doesn't win any popularity contests, and most people despise that he's "one of the best ever".

People hate the fans, hate the success, hate the "arrogance", etc so spygate is just what they needed.

Bringing up "TAINTED", "CLASSLESS", "CHEATERS", etc., questioning their past championships has become the in thing to do.

Now, the perspective part. Is using a sideline camera worse than circumventing the salary cap?

So the Pats forced the Jets and other opposing teams to use up resources (3 people signaling in Def signs instead of 1 or 2). Is that worse than gaining an advantage by hiding salary so that you can pay for more talent than any other team?

Article from Sept. 2004

The penalties imposed Thursday on the Denver Broncos for violations of the league's rules regarding the disclosure of deferred compensation to players and the salary cap were the second sanctions against the team for similar infractions in less than three years.

In December 2001, the Broncos were fined $968,000 and lost a third-round pick in the 2002 draft for violations reportedly relating to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis.

On Thursday, the league announced that the Broncos have been fined $950,000 and will lose a third-round selection in next year's draft for circumventing the salary cap between 1996 and '98.

Hmmm, let's see, circumventing the salary cap between 96 and 98. Who won those Superbowls?

1998 - Super Bowl XXXIII: Denver Broncos defeated Atlanta Falcons. Score: 34-19

1997 - Super Bowl XXXII: Denver Broncos defeated Green Bay Packers. Score: 31-24

We can go back and dig up the info on San Fran too. Yeah, it happened after their Superbowls, but just like some have said with the Pats, how do we really know when they started? If they cheated in 1997, maybe they cheated before that, right?

The Pats were already one of the favorites to win it all when this broke. They'd already won 3 SuperBowls in the last 6 years.

Their coach doesn't win any popularity contests, and most people despise that he's "one of the best ever".

People hate the fans, hate the success, hate the "arrogance", etc so spygate is just what they needed.

Bringing up "TAINTED", "CLASSLESS", "CHEATERS", etc., questioning their past championships has become the in thing to do.

Now, the perspective part. Is using a sideline camera worse than circumventing the salary cap?

So the Pats forced the Jets and other opposing teams to use up resources (3 people signaling in Def signs instead of 1 or 2). Is that worse than gaining an advantage by hiding salary so that you can pay for more talent than any other team?

Hmmm, let's see, circumventing the salary cap between 96 and 98. Who won those Superbowls?

1997 - Super Bowl XXXII: Denver Broncos defeated Green Bay Packers. Score: 31-24

We can go back and dig up the info on San Fran too. Yeah, it happened after their Superbowls, but just like some have said with the Pats, how do we really know when they started? If they cheated in 1997, maybe they cheated before that, right?

:wacko: Awesome, comparing your franchise with the Broncos.....excellent. So your franchise is just as classless and as much cheaters as the Broncos, sweet, I got it :D

Edited by Hat Trick

so two wrongs make a right ?

did spygate make pats 18- 0 ? no

Did spygate help pats win some games along the way ? probably

is defending what pats did or justifying it by comparing to what other teams did to break rules , justifiable? not even close ...weak actually

Do you still not get that I was joking ? Wow, some guys are slow. I made hundreds of Steeler posts during their Super Bowl winning run two years ago.

i get it, i get it!....sheesh

but i think i only started one Patriots thread since the playoffs started.... :wacko:

charty, i admire your courage, determination, forthrightness and honesty.

but it is a slippery slope you travel. you will need a miracle to make the blind see.

more power to you. :wacko:

Edited by pig devilz

Minus 10 points for deflecting. :wacko: