[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do I hate the Patriots?

gbpfan1231

Anytime I see anything that has to do with the Patriots this year I vomit a little bit in my mouth and struggle getting it back down. I have never cheered against a team to lose against any random team as I have for the Patriots this year. I don't believe it is just because they are the best team this year and rooting for the underdog. I did not hate the Colts when they won it and never hated the niners or Steelers when they domintaed. I have some things that I have thought of that may be the reasons but I also see other people despise this team as well so please feel free to add.

1. Is it because they are the best ever? No I liked other teams that were dynasty's

2. Is it because Tom Brady seems to be an arrogant hollywood guy as opposed to a true NFL footballer?

3. Is it because Beilichick got coach of the year when with all that talent it did not take all that much coaching and guys like McCarthy got very little mention even though more deserving?

4. Is it because everyone is saying Brady is the best ever when I think it has so much to do with the supporting cast. Many other QB's could lead this team to a championship when there are many teams that if Brady was the QB they would not be any better.

5. Is it the players/coaches? Rodey Harrison is a cheapshot punk - Randy Moss is a useless waste of air - I do like Weleker but that is it.

6. Is it because of the cheating incident?

Why do so many people hate this team??? I have to admit they are maybe the best ever but why does that mean you hate them and want them to lose soooo bad???

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. Is it because Beilichick got coach of the year when with all that talent it did not take all that much coaching and guys like McCarthy got very little mention even though more deserving?

:wacko:

C'mon man... McCarthy got plenty of attention, and Belichick probably deserved it more. McCarthy came in second with 35% of votes. A team with talent is not successful in the NFL without a great coach. They went undefeated for pete's sake.

4. Is it because everyone is saying Brady is the best ever when I think it has so much to do with the supporting cast. Many other QB's could lead this team to a championship when there are many teams that if Brady was the QB they would not be any better.

How about the years he won the super bowl with a less than stellar receiving corp, and Antwoin Smith in the backfield??? yes, this year his supporting cast is great, but one would venture most championship teams aren't made up of one player...

Manning with Wayne, Harrison, Clark, Addai is NOT a good supporting cast??

Think Big Ben could have won it without Bettis, Hines Ward, and a great D??

Or Niners without Rice, Roger Craig, Dwight Clark...?

Aikman without Emmitt or Irvin?

come on, thats a weak argument....but, then again, Im a Pats fan which is number 7 on your list!!

:wacko:

C'mon man... McCarthy got plenty of attention, and Belichick probably deserved it more. McCarthy came in second with 35% of votes. A team with talent is not successful in the NFL without a great coach. They went undefeated for pete's sake.

I have to disagree. This team has so much talent. Is Pete Carroll the best coach because USC has one of the best winning %'s in the last 5 years? I would say not. That team has tons of talent.

The talent on the packers and say the Browns comes no where close to the Patriots. You put McCarthy on the Pats and they are still undefeated. YOu put Belichick on the Packers in 2007 they are not better than 13-3. I believe same could be said for the Browns.

Same theory on Phil Jacksons with Jordan. Not the best coach - just the absolute best talent.

Anytime I see anything that has to do with the Patriots this year I vomit a little bit in my mouth and struggle getting it back down. I have never cheered against a team to lose against any random team as I have for the Patriots this year. I don't believe it is just because they are the best team this year and rooting for the underdog. I did not hate the Colts when they won it and never hated the niners or Steelers when they domintaed. I have some things that I have thought of that may be the reasons but I also see other people despise this team as well so please feel free to add.

1. Is it because they are the best ever? No I liked other teams that were dynasty's

2. Is it because Tom Brady seems to be an arrogant hollywood guy as opposed to a true NFL footballer?

5. Is it the players/coaches? Rodey Harrison is a cheapshot punk - Randy Moss is a useless waste of air - I do like Weleker but that is it.

6. Is it because of the cheating incident?

Why do so many people hate this team??? I have to admit they are maybe the best ever but why does that mean you hate them and want them to lose soooo bad???

i do not hate them but i have grown a dislike

The running up of the scores really irritated me ...the contstant passing and looking for more passing TD's by Brady in 4th quarter of games which pats were up by 30 pts , bothered me

with that said , they are an amazing team ...scary when they are clicking on all cylinders

How about the years he won the super bowl with a less than stellar receiving corp, and Antwoin Smith in the backfield??? yes, this year his supporting cast is great, but one would venture most championship teams aren't made up of one player...

Manning with Wayne, Harrison, Clark, Addai is NOT a good supporting cast??

Think Big Ben could have won it without Bettis, Hines Ward, and a great D??

Or Niners without Rice, Roger Craig, Dwight Clark...?

Aikman without Emmitt or Irvin?

come on, thats a weak argument....but, then again, Im a Pats fan which is number 7 on your list!!

Agree with a lot of what you said but it also somewhat supports what my thoughts are. You mention Emmitt. I have always believed he was more a product of his O-Line as opposed to being one of the best RB's.

Brady has an incredible line and has 10 seconds to find an open receiver. I think a ton of QB's could pick apart defenses if they only had to be accurate and not worry about getting sacked or asked to be mobil.

Agree with a lot of what you said but it also somewhat supports what my thoughts are. You mention Emmitt. I have always believed he was more a product of his O-Line as opposed to being one of the best RB's.

Brady has an incredible line and has 10 seconds to find an open receiver. I think a ton of QB's could pick apart defenses if they only had to be accurate and not worry about getting sacked or asked to be mobil.

Point taken...but, for most of the year, didn't have much of a running game.....teams knew they were going to throw on almost every down, yet still couldnt stop him.....Hey, i am not saying he is the best of all time.....but I did watch a report that had Cris Carter, and another former NFL player (cant remember who) who said if his career ended TODAY, he would have to be considered a top 5 QB of all time.....

He has more to prove, for sure, but 3 Super Bowls....going to a 4th....never having a losing season as a Pro, can't all be because of the supporting cast......(he played that Giants game with 2 of his starting O linemen out...).......I do believe Troy Aikman had quite an O line when he played...Ditto Montana....

Believe me, if I wasn't from Boston area, i would be rooting against the Pats......always better to pull for under dogs....!

I have to disagree. This team has so much talent. Is Pete Carroll the best coach because USC has one of the best winning %'s in the last 5 years? I would say not. That team has tons of talent.

You just cannot compare college and the NFL. Teams in the NFL are so much closer in talent level than USC and most of their opponents.

The talent on the packers and say the Browns comes no where close to the Patriots.

It's a lot closer than you think.

You put McCarthy on the Pats and they are still undefeated. YOu put Belichick on the Packers in 2007 they are not better than 13-3. I believe same could be said for the Browns.

This is a pointless hypothetical.

Same theory on Phil Jacksons with Jordan. Not the best coach - just the absolute best talent.

Again... we're talking about the NFL here. Not the NBA. They may be professional sports but it's apples and oranges. They have different dynamics.

Edited by Sturphy

Because they...

Cheat

Run up the score

Go for it on 4th down instead of kicking FGs

Brady's girlfriend is hotter then mine

Make a joke of the injury report

Play dirty (Wilfork eye poking, Seymour headbutting senior citizens, Rodney "Cheapshot Artist" Harrison)

Tom has perfect hair

Pass too much

Only care about records

Are always smug to the press

Are the medias sweetheart and America's Golden Boy

Play 60 minutes and never rest starters

Beat my team

Those moments just stand out in your mind more because they are more memorable occurrences. If you watch a lot of games you see more often than not he gets rid of the ball very quickly.

My answer to your question.....jealousy.

I don't mean that in an accusatory way. This team has been so successful for such a long time now, it's easy to be jealous. Even if that is not your natural tendency, throw in all the freaking media coverage that you can't get away from (do we really need to know what kind of takeout Tom and Giselle ordered???), and jealousy happens.

People can take it when someone else has success. What they can't take is having it thrown in their face constantly. And the media does whatever they can to drum up controversy. Throwing the Patriots success around with the same energy that they threw "Manning's a choker" around before the Colts won the SB will have an effect. Colts fans were awfully sensitive about that for a long time, even if it wasn't deserved.

The running up of the scores really irritated me ...the contstant passing and looking for more passing TD's by Brady in 4th quarter of games which pats were up by 30 pts , bothered me

Really? Why don't you list them. It will be a very short list, but feel free to mimic all the talking heads who try to convince themselves, and you, of that garbage.

Well said, Caveman

its the same reason my whole life hated the Yankees.....respected their players....but being a lifelong red sox fan, growing up in the 70's and 80's, HATED the Yankees, and mostly do to Jealousy...Jealous that year in and year out, they were in the hunt....that they signed the big names.....that they won..and won...and won...

to be honest, the hatred towards the yankees has subsided a bit....but, that rivalry still gets you going every year.....

having to deal with clients throughout the country, I KNOW most everyone outside of New England (who have no ties to this area) are hoping that the Pats fall......I would be too......

Cheat

Run up the score

Go for it on 4th down instead of kicking FGs

Brady's girlfriend is hotter then mine

Make a joke of the injury report

Play dirty (Wilfork eye poking, Seymour headbutting senior citizens, Rodney "Cheapshot Artist" Harrison)

Tom has perfect hair

Pass too much

Only care about records

Are always smug to the press

Are the medias sweetheart and America's Golden Boy

Play 60 minutes and never rest starters

Beat my team

exactly

Those moments just stand out in your mind more because they are more memorable occurrences. If you watch a lot of games you see more often than not he gets rid of the ball very quickly.

My answer to your question.....jealousy.

I don't mean that in an accusatory way. This team has been so successful for such a long time now, it's easy to be jealous. Even if that is not your natural tendency, throw in all the freaking media coverage that you can't get away from (do we really need to know what kind of takeout Tom and Giselle ordered???), and jealousy happens.

People can take it when someone else has success. What they can't take is having it thrown in their face constantly. And the media does whatever they can to drum up controversy. Throwing the Patriots success around with the same energy that they threw "Manning's a choker" around before the Colts won the SB will have an effect. Colts fans were awfully sensitive about that for a long time, even if it wasn't deserved.

+1

See Menudo, a stand up poster who admits it's jealousy.

+1

See Menudo, a stand up poster who admits it's jealousy.

If I had to pick one reason it would be jealousy. The only issue I have is that I never disliked other teams that were dynasty's nearly as much as this team. Maybe because they have been so good for so long but so were the niners. I loved watching the niners play and win. I don't like watching the Pats play and win.

I don't think that Brady, Moss, Harrison, and Belichick come anywhere close to Montana, Rice, Lott, and Walsh as fas as likability goes.

If I had to pick one reason it would be jealousy. The only issue I have is that I never disliked other teams that were dynasty's nearly as much as this team. Maybe because they have been so good for so long but so were the niners. I loved watching the niners play and win. I don't like watching the Pats play and win.

I don't think that Brady, Moss, Harrison, and Belichick come anywhere close to Montana, Rice, Lott, and Walsh as fas as likability goes.

Jealousy over the success is only half the point, though. I think the more relevant part is the in your face media coverage that you can't get away from.

You just didn't have the minute my minute information frenzy back then, so the success of those teams would have been more tolerable.

The best example I can give of what I am referring to, without bringing the Patriots into it

:wacko: The john madden cameo kills me.

Edited by Caveman_Nick