[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I seriously think I am done rooting for the Redskins

SpinalTapp

Snyder just fired two of the best coordinators in the league over the past 10 years. There is no way our defense will be get better without Williams. As most Skins fans recognize, our offense sputtered under Saunders because Gibbs never really let us actually see it. Joe micromanaged and often took over the offense, calling Dig Right run plays on first and second down and screen left and hand offs in the second half in an attempt at the old prevent offense, let the defense win the game routine. Most Skins fans I knew were actually pumped to get the chance to see Saunders offense without the Gibbs training wheels slowing it down.

And now, what do we have? Joe G ran as far away from this franchise as soon as he possibly could after a winning season even though he was supposed to just move on up to the front office. Problem is, Gibbs did not want to be a powerless king - which is what he would have been as EVP of Football Ops for Danny boy. Joe knew the real power guy was and still is Snyder's buddy, Vinny Cerrato - who by most acounts, is not a respected football executive. Gibbs simply could not put up with Snyde's immaturity, lack of judgement, and lack of character any longer.

Even with his departure, the franchise could still have been on solid ground if Williams was given his shot at the HC job with Saunders as his OC. This team was barely healthy all year and, with a better throw from Collins or catch from Cooley would have made the Divisional Playoff round - AT LEAST.

No one is fooling themselves in DC that we have a juggernaut. But in today's NFL, where parody is king, a solid core of players that believe in a system surrounded by great coaches they love and continuity equals wins.

Instead, we are starting over from scratch - with nobody coordinators and Jim Fassel or the Hot Coordinator of the Day as our HC. Now, we are back to Vinny and Danny making our football decisions and player personnel decisions again. The way they handled the Williams firing is one of the most embarassing bungles I have ever seen. Man, it only took two weeks after Gibbs departure for this franchise to show its true colors - under Snyder we are a classless, immature, ignorant franchise that is about to take about 10,000 steps backward in its football evolution.

I have been a lifelong Skins fan, but am seriously questioning whether I can keep this up under Snyder's leadership. At some point, you cant just blindly root for the home team franchise, the owner's actions speak too loud.

Anyone with me?

Edited by SpinalTapp

sky might be the only one left. :wacko:

When all the dust has settled and one looks out over the debris.... you will see me standing tall. Been a 'Skins fan longer than most Huddlers have been alive and I will always be a 'Skins fan. Thick or thin... stupid owners or smart ones....good teams or bad..... I have so far lived through it all as a died in the wool Redskins fan. I plan on doing so for a very long time and Snyder can't run me off so he might as well stop trying. I will outlast him.

When all the dust has settled and one looks out over the debris.... you will see me standing tall. Been a 'Skins fan longer than most Huddlers have been alive and I will always be a 'Skins fan. Thick or thin... stupid owners or smart ones....good teams or bad..... I have so far lived through it all as a died in the wool Redskins fan. I plan on doing so for a very long time and Snyder can't run me off so he might as well stop trying. I will outlast him.

This is what being a REAL HOMER FAN is. :wacko:

+1

I wasn't happy with Saunders offensive gurudom the last two years. Williams has an arrogance about him. I wouldn't have minded seeing Williams get the job, but he was too big for his britches. Saunders on the other hand, had to go...

One thing I will say for Danny. He owns the team, and he WILL get the guy he wants...

Wouldn't whomever they hire as head coach want to pick his own OC and DC?

Maybe Snyder has some secret deal in place with a mystery candidate who gave his blessing to the choices. :wacko:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Stopped rooting as soon as Jerry Jones bought em. He's a moron who knows squat about football and keeps thinking he can buy his way to a title by throwing $ at high-profile FAs and coaches. lmao @ his dumbass.

A lot of Cowboys fans could say this.

in today's NFL, where parody is king

Every time I see someone do this, I'm not sure if it's a shot at the league's policies or an indication of the poster's intellectual laziness.

Every time I see someone do this, I'm not sure if it's a shot at the league's policies or an indication of the poster's intellectual laziness.

I always try to assume the former. Have to give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Huddle posters. :wacko:

A lot of Cowboys fans could say this.

Snyder is following Al Davis style of management/ownership. I didn't know you could be reincarnated before you died!?!? :wacko: Same guy! :D

:D No trying to jump on our bandwagon. We are stuck with Snyder at the moment and you can't borrow him.

Of special note....Davis was hughly successful before he got old. Raider fans seem to forget that. Not only that...but Jones is successful too. Snyder has never been successful. Just not the same peas in a pod guys. Nice try though.

Then I'd say you probably weren't a true Redskin homer/fan.

Bingo. Dead on..Game over..Whenever I see these "I may not root for" or "I am giving up on" threads I usually give the poster the benefit of the doubt that they are posting in a very frustrated state of mind and are just venting. If the poster does truly give up on their team for good then anyway you slice it you are not a tried and true fan IMO. I cant complain about the history I have had as a boys fan. I have seen them dominate and crush people in superbowls and I have seen heartbreaking losses. Right now Dallas , while having a great regular season, is in a massive playoff funk. It also ripped our hearts out when Jerry fired Jimmy but never ever not even for a brief moment would I ever consider not rooting for them.

Snyder is following Al Davis style of management/ownership. I didn't know you could be reincarnated before you died!?!? :wacko: Same guy! :D

Al Davis? :D Davis was a very good owner and judge of talent for a couple of decades and helped build the AFL and AFC. He still can judge talent but has hung on too long and has been ahindrance to team success for many years. He did whatever he could to win too and there is much to dislike about how his team's payed but that's another issue.

But what has Snyder done that shows he knows anything about pro football?

As much of a senile shell he is now from what he used to be, Al Davis had a profound impact on today's NFL game and reimagined the game back in the 60's well before he was able to bring about the AFL/NFL merger.

Snyder has done two things: jack and squat.

I was a season ticket holder for the Baltimore Orioles last year. My actions proved how loyal I can be to a franchise with a horrific owner that has done nothing but ruin the home team. The point of my post was to vent . The Skins are and will continue to be my team, but these past two weeks have pushed me to my limits.

On a side note - Chavez - I am guilty as charged - intellectual laziness. I did not spell check or proofread my work - it's a fantasy forum post. Tough crowd. But I am undetterrreed.

Chavez - I am guilty as charged - intellectual laziness. I did not spell check or proofread my work - it's a fantasy forum post. Tough crowd. But I am undetterrreed.

Don't be so hard on yourself - someone TRULY lazy would have called me an ass hole for pointing out their failure to use the proper word - "you liberals with yer spelling and proper vocab can go f*ck yourselves, that ain't America!" :wacko: