[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers vs. Saints

SuperCharger

By Kevin Acee

UNION_TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

4:32 p.m. January 26, 2008

The Chargers will play the New Orleans Saints at Wembley Stadium in London on Oct. 26, sources confirmed today.

“We want to go,” Chargers president Dean Spanos said. “I'm cautiously optimistic.”

Sources said the Chargers have been speaking with the league for more than two months about the game. Spanos is a member of the league's International Committee.

This will be the second regular-season NFL game played outside North America. The New York Giants and Miami Dolphins played at Wembley Stadium this past October.

The game will be the Chargers' eighth next season, and they will have a bye the next week. New Orleans will be the home team, so the Chargers still will have eight regular-season home games at Qualcomm Stadium.

As a Charger fan... :D travelling sucks and hopefully both teams will have a bye the following week.

What sucks is that the Saints lose a home game. Better them than us, but it still sucks. :wacko:

As a Charger fan... :D travelling sucks and hopefully both teams will have a bye the following week.

What sucks is that the Saints lose a home game. Better them than us, but it still sucks. :wacko:

Why doesn't the league just make it count it as if it was a road game for both? I thought the league was past screwing The Saints out of home games...

Why doesn't the league just make it count it as if it was a road game for both? I thought the league was past screwing The Saints out of home games...

To keep a 16-game regular season for all teams while putting one abroad, the only way to do this was to take a home game away from one the teams involved.

Not a fan of this at all. Although we've played like garbage at home its still a home game we lose (and probably the best home game we had on the schedule next year).

The field and weather was just shotty over there this year for that game where the NFC Champion Giants beat a winless Dolphins team 13-10.

I'm pretty sure teams were asked if they wanted to do this & I'm also sure that the Saints agreed to make it a home game, so I don't think this is a matter of the Saints getting screwed but I do think it sucks for the fans & the season ticket holders.

I'm pretty sure teams were asked if they wanted to do this & I'm also sure that the Saints agreed to make it a home game, so I don't think this is a matter of the Saints getting screwed but I do think it sucks for the fans & the season ticket holders.

I'm sure it's hard for the organization to say No to the NFL when the NFL was there for the team after the Katrina disaster as they dumped money into the dome, provided marketing help as well as kept the team in New Orleans. But I agree. Still sucks.