[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trout recipe?

polksalet

I usually either pan fry in spiced up corn meal or bake it in garlic/butter/cayenne blend. I have also stuffed them with various pie fillings (preferably cherry) and then bake.

Anyone got a favorite recipe? I have ten head soaking in salt water in the fridge awaiting your replies.

4 bacon slices

5 tablespoons butter

2 8- to 10-ounce trout, boned

All purpose flour

1/2 cup thinly sliced chives

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

4 teaspoons drained capers

2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon

Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Add 1 tablespoon butter and stir to melt. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Coat flesh side of fish with flour; shake off excess. Add fish, flesh side down, to skillet. Cook 2 minutes. Turn fish over. Cook until just opaque in center, about 2 minutes. Transfer fish to 2 plates. Pour off drippings from skillet; wipe skillet clean. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add all but 2 tablespoons chives; sauté 1 minute. Stir in bacon, lemon juice, capers, and tarragon. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over fish. Sprinkle fish with 2 tablespoons chives.

lightly dredge in seasoned flour those bad boys, shake off excess. wrap each trout in prosciutto. pan fry in olive oil about 4 minutes a side over m/h heat. place on paper towels to drain.

in another sauce pan take a couple of chopped cloves of garlic, 1/4 cup of lemon juice and a 1/4 cup of white wine and simmer until reduced. add a couple of tablespoons of water and stir in well. reduce heat and add about a half pound of butter cut into cubes, a cube at a time until all is incorporated. take off heat if not using right away so the sauce doesn't break by getting too hot.

Plate trout and lightly pour sauce over it. Excellant and easy.

Admitted trout snob here. Where I come from, native brook trout are a delicassy. Nothing other than flour, salt, pepper, butter, and a hot skillet. I have always avoided store bought trout because, frankly, they suck. Not sure what kind of trout your asking about, but knowing you're in TX, I'm guessing its either ocean trout or something really bad.

Admitted trout snob here. Where I come from, native brook trout are a delicassy. Nothing other than flour, salt, pepper, butter, and a hot skillet. I have always avoided store bought trout because, frankly, they suck. Not sure what kind of trout your asking about, but knowing you're in TX, I'm guessing its either ocean trout or something really bad.

Rainbows from the Little Missouri river in Arkansas.

Admitted trout snob here. Where I come from, native brook trout are a delicassy. Nothing other than flour, salt, pepper, butter, and a hot skillet. I have always avoided store bought trout because, frankly, they suck.

Good call. I add a little cayenne to the dredging mix and the skillet should be cast iron and well seasoned.

I am now hungry. :wacko:

Edited by Jimmy Neutron

Admitted trout snob here. Where I come from, native brook trout are a delicassy. Nothing other than flour, salt, pepper, butter, and a hot skillet. I have always avoided store bought trout because, frankly, they suck. Not sure what kind of trout your asking about, but knowing you're in TX, I'm guessing its either ocean trout or something really bad like one-eyed trouser trout.

:wacko:

Edited by The Holy Roller

I usually either pan fry in spiced up corn meal or bake it in garlic/butter/cayenne blend. I have also stuffed them with various pie fillings (preferably cherry) and then bake.

Anyone got a favorite recipe? I have ten head soaking in salt water in the fridge awaiting your replies.

This sounds bizarre enough to make me think it might be worth trying. Are you being serious (because around these parts of Missouri we take ALL our eating serious) and if so more details. I had a thread from a couple years ago about trout recipes but I can't find it (BJ, help?) and the ones Huddlers suggested were great.

And trout season won't open here till March 1st. Does it open this much sooner in Arkansas?

This sounds bizarre enough to make me think it might be worth trying. Are you being serious (because around these parts of Missouri we take ALL our eating serious) and if so more details. I had a thread from a couple years ago about trout recipes but I can't find it (BJ, help?) and the ones Huddlers suggested were great.

:wacko:Here it is.

And trout season won't open here till March 1st. Does it open this much sooner in Arkansas?

Trout season is 24-7 where I fish though it might vary in other parts.

Yes I am serious about the recipe. You do not get as fat as I am without being serious.