[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL Set-up tool

Caveman_Nick

I have heard rumor of a program that can be used to set up MFL leagues offline. I have never seen it, and couldn't (quickly) find reference to it on MFL's site.

Can anyone familiar with this program help a huddler out and point me in the right direction to get started?

FFLM is a completely different league manager software. It's by the same company, but it's based offline vs the online version you're used to. It can be transferred easily to MFL, but it's not really meant to be an offline setup tool as you requested.

FFLM is a completely different league manager software. It's by the same company, but it's based offline vs the online version you're used to. It can be transferred easily to MFL, but it's not really meant to be an offline setup tool as you requested.

I'd beg to differ.

While it is an offline tool (that can be updated online), the league data transfers directly to a mfl.com league simply by exporting it. FFLM even will ask you what mfl.com site you want to export to when you are ready to transfer the material.

And FFLM is absoluetly ideal for testing league rules and determining player data based upon past years' performances prior to set up. East to tweak once the league basis is established, and cheatsheets are readily exportable in various formats for league members.

I'd beg to differ.

While it is an offline tool (that can be updated online), the league data transfers directly to a mfl.com league simply by exporting it. FFLM even will ask you what mfl.com site you want to export to when you are ready to transfer the material.

And FFLM is absoluetly ideal for testing league rules and determining player data based upon past years' performances prior to set up. East to tweak once the league basis is established, and cheatsheets are readily exportable in various formats for league members.

:wacko: My local used FFLM. I know exactly what it is, how it works & what it will do. I didn't say it would not transfer to MFL, I said it is a league manager in itself and it is not necessarily meant to be a setup tool for MFL.

MFL can be set up on it's own online any time you wish. I set up this league several weeks ago just to show my office league why they should be using it instead of Yahoo. Once it's set up it shows the scoring/past year performances etc just as you're talking about. It doesn't give you the downloadable spreadsheets and such, but that wasn't what he asked for anyway.

FFLM is particularly useful for creating custom schedules and for testing scoring rule changes. When changing scoring rules on the online sites, you have to wait up to three hours for results to be recalculated. Performing the same task in FFLM is immediate.

FFLM is particularly useful for creating custom schedules and for testing scoring rule changes. When changing scoring rules on the online sites, you have to wait up to three hours for results to be recalculated. Performing the same task in FFLM is immediate.

Unless CN is referring to another league, the issue in question is regarding Dynasty league taxi squad players & how/if the league software will record & track those player's contracts automatically. I'm pretty certain MFL won't do that, but I'm by no means an expert. However, I'm even more certain FFLM cannot be used to test this theory/process.

Unless CN is referring to another league, the issue in question is regarding Dynasty league taxi squad players & how/if the league software will record & track those player's contracts automatically. I'm pretty certain MFL won't do that, but I'm by no means an expert. However, I'm even more certain FFLM cannot be used to test this theory/process.

Sho 'nuff that's what I am trying to do. And I obviously don't know squat about what this app can do.

:wacko:

Sho 'nuff that's what I am trying to do. And I obviously don't know squat about what this app can do.

:wacko:

Who knows? MFL is pretty good about improving their software every year to cater to their customers wants/needs. They already have a slot set up for contracts on your players page, I think the next step may be some sort of setup for this as well. it certainly would be nice for Dynasty leagues.

Edited by rajncajn

Who knows? MFL is pretty good about improving their software every year to cater to their customers wants/needs. They already have a slot set up for contracts on your players page, I think the next step may be some sort of setup for this as well.

I already know that part of what I am talking about can be done easily by just putting the text: Rookie (draft date) in one f the fields. It's the activations that I need to screw with.

I already know that part of what I am talking about can be done easily by just putting the text: Rookie (draft date) in one f the fields. It's the activations that I need to screw with.

Activations have to be done manually by either the commish or the owner depending on the privileges that are given to the owner. It couldn't be done automatically regardless with contracts being involved.

FYI, I am pretty certain, albeit not 100%, that FFLM is being phased out completely this year. At least this is the info I heard last year.

Not sure if they will keep some form of it around for the offline testing you like or if the new reccomendation would be to have a duplicate league created for testing tweaks, etc.

FYI, I am pretty certain, albeit not 100%, that FFLM is being phased out completely this year. At least this is the info I heard last year.

Not sure if they will keep some form of it around for the offline testing you like or if the new reccomendation would be to have a duplicate league created for testing tweaks, etc.

I just read the same thing.

Activations have to be done manually by either the commish or the owner depending on the privileges that are given to the owner. It couldn't be done automatically regardless with contracts being involved.

Unless somehow there could be a way to stipulate that a player was available for X number of starts under his current contract, and MFL could track it. I am not saying it could, but this would probably look different than a more traditional Active Roster/DTS league would look.