[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan one step closer to nation's top prospect?

MTSuper7

Is this guy so freaking great that schools should be putting up with this crap? Make the freaking choice already! Like every other "can't miss" there's actually a chance that you can miss and won't you feel like a total a-hole if you do so after putting on such a show about who you're going to play for.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this guy so freaking great that schools should be putting up with this crap? Make the freaking choice already! Like every other "can't miss" there's actually a chance that you can miss and won't you feel like a total a-hole if you do so after putting on such a show about who you're going to play for.

scouts are saying he's Vince Young, but more advanced then Young at this point , that's enough for schools to wait, imo.

scouts are saying he's Vince Young, but more advanced then Young at this point , that's enough for schools to wait, imo.

If you saw the HS All American game you might agree with this. He looked like a man amongst boys when he tucked it and ran. Way too fast. His arm strength looked good too. I'm not sold on his accuracy, but the speed and strength is enough for me. This kid looks special.

If you saw the HS All American game you might agree with this. He looked like a man amongst boys when he tucked it and ran. Way too fast. His arm strength looked good too. I'm not sold on his accuracy, but the speed and strength is enough for me. This kid looks special.

I'm not denying that he looks great. None the less, this isn't the first time a player has been great and why is he the only one who doesn't need to sign on signing day? His excuses are lame because I'm sure he's heard everything from everyone. I doubt anything new will pop up that will help him make his decision, so he's just showing a very "unadvanced" level of maturity by delaying the decision.

I'm not denying that he looks great. None the less, this isn't the first time a player has been great and why is he the only one who doesn't need to sign on signing day? His excuses are lame because I'm sure he's heard everything from everyone. I doubt anything new will pop up that will help him make his decision, so he's just showing a very "unadvanced" level of maturity by delaying the decision.

I can definately agree with this. The kid seemed a little immature the first interview of his I read when he questioned Tressel's ability to coach a mobile QB. He hasnt changed my opinion of his maturrity yet. He also has too many people in his head, including Charlie Batch and his old man.

I couldn't disagree more. National Signing day is the FIRST day committs can sign, not the deadline. Whatever the kid's reasons are, he is obviously unsure as to where he wants to go. His College choice is the biggest decision to date and will impact the rest of is life. Personally, I am glad to see someone who is willing to take their time,and I would encourage him to do what he is doing until he is comfortable with his decision.

I couldn't disagree more. National Signing day is the FIRST day committs can sign, not the deadline. Whatever the kid's reasons are, he is obviously unsure as to where he wants to go. His College choice is the biggest decision to date and will impact the rest of is life. Personally, I am glad to see someone who is willing to take their time,and I would encourage him to do what he is doing until he is comfortable with his decision.

In Pryor's defense from what I hear he is also a great basketball player which means if he is a good team player he is concentrating of BB now instead of football. Would think most HS basketball teams play at least twice a week so I can see how difficult it would be to make many meaningful official visits till BB season is over and done with.

In Pryor's defense from what I hear he is also a great basketball player which means if he is a good team player he is concentrating of BB now instead of football. Would think most HS basketball teams play at least twice a week so I can see how difficult it would be to make many meaningful official visits till BB season is over and done with.

His team is playing in the league championship tomorrow I think.

You are acting like he hasn't been courted for at least a year already. My point is, for whatever reason, basically every other recruit but him managed to figure out where they were going. I don't see what is so particularly rare about his circumstances. Some of you guys seem to think that this kid is a shoe-in to be the greatest college QB of all time. Maybe he's truly special. I mean, really, really special. Well, that means he's the kind of talent that only comes along about every couple of years or so. Not that big of a deal.

I mean, is he any more special than, say, Vince Young, Reggie Bush, Tim Tebow, AD, McFadden, Leinart, Calvin Johnson...? I didn't even get to the defenses. There's a list of stellar college football players, all of whom have come through the ranks over the last few years, all of whom whichever team he ends up playing for would be absolutely thrilled if he ends up as good as. Let's save the, "He'll be worth the wait" talk until we know if that was true.

I also doubt the decision is going to be any easier the longer he waits. Once again, I can't imagine that there's any unseen data. The schools have all given their pitch, he knows who else they have coming in. At this point, he's doing little more than holding the programs hostage and drawing attention to himself. Attention that I hope for his sake, he's able to deal with.

This really sucks for the Buckeyes knowing we had him landed. Thanks Craig !

Pryor has yet to visit Penn St, which is good news for the Bucks, as he's not in any rush to go there it appears.

Anyone who has Pryor's best interest in mind would tell him to go to Michigan over Ohio State. OSU's offense is not set up for a player like Pryor, and Tressel isn't going to change that. Troy Smith became less of a factor on his legs as he got older. Rich Rodriguez has the perfect system for a player like Pryor, and the offense will be tailor made more so. With that being said, if Pryor ends up at OSU, Michigan is in some serious trouble after losing Mallett.

Anyone who has Pryor's best interest in mind would tell him to go to Michigan over Ohio State. OSU's offense is not set up for a player like Pryor, and Tressel isn't going to change that. Troy Smith became less of a factor on his legs as he got older. Rich Rodriguez has the perfect system for a player like Pryor, and the offense will be tailor made more so. With that being said, if Pryor ends up at OSU, Michigan is in some serious trouble after losing Mallett.

You forget that PSU has the spread (look what it did for Michael Robinson) and will most likely use it agin this year with Darryl Clark as QB. OSU may give him the best shot at getting to the NC right now, but both Michigan and PSU systems are probably better for his game. I suspect that he may not make up his mind until after the Blue-White game this spring where he'll get to see the PSU spread in action.

Not to mention the superior talent Michigan has that would allow him to flourish in an brand new system that no one but the coaching staff is used to running. :wacko:

Also, are you saying that becasue Smith ran less as he got older he became less of a factor? He chose to run less because he wanted to become a better QB. I think his overall record speaks for itself, especially the record against UM. :D:D

eta: Oh yeah, and that Heisman trophy thingy.

Edited by Cameltosis

You forget that PSU has the spread (look what it did for Michael Robinson) and will most likely use it agin this year with Darryl Clark as QB. OSU may give him the best shot at getting to the NC right now, but both Michigan and PSU systems are probably better for his game. I suspect that he may not make up his mind until after the Blue-White game this spring where he'll get to see the PSU spread in action.

I think this is a two horse race right now. He seemed to want to go to OSU and his dad wanted him to stay home. Oregon would bother me but it is a long trip for a kid trying to stay close to home. Michigan and Dick Rod seem to have lost their edge with the kid. I think he comes to Columbus (homer call) but PSU is getting ample looks late.

Not to mention the superior talent Michigan has that would allow him to flourish in an brand new system that no one but the coaching staff is used to running. :wacko:

Also, are you saying that becasue Smith ran less as he got older he became less of a factor? He chose to run less because he wanted to become a better QB. I think his overall record speaks for itself, especially the record against UM. :D:D

eta: Oh yeah, and that Heisman trophy thingy.

Did I say that Michigan has superior talent right now? Pryor is not Troy Smith. Pryor is a hell of a lot closer to Vince Young. I don't think he can stand in the pocket and do what Troy Smith did, but I do think that you can put the ball in his hands and have him make plays like Young. That just won't happen at OSU. Nice job reminding us that Troy Smith beat Michigan, which has nothing to do with what I was saying. Insert more wacko image things to further prove your point.

And how does Troy Smith winning a Heisman have to do with my statement that Rich Rodriguez's offense is MUCH more conducive with Pryor's playing strength's opposed to Tressel's who proved he won't change his offense for a player. Go ahead and talk about head to head records and not actually respond to what I said. Good talk.

I'd be rather surprised if Pryor chose PSU or OSU over Michigan.

At this point I'd be surprised if he made a choice at all. Hell he might be thinking hoops too which I think then eliminates PSU not that UM's program is that great right now obviously but their on the rise and he would get instant PT their also.

You are acting like he hasn't been courted for at least a year already. My point is, for whatever reason, basically every other recruit but him managed to figure out where they were going. I don't see what is so particularly rare about his circumstances. Some of you guys seem to think that this kid is a shoe-in to be the greatest college QB of all time. Maybe he's truly special. I mean, really, really special. Well, that means he's the kind of talent that only comes along about every couple of years or so. Not that big of a deal.

I mean, is he any more special than, say, Vince Young, Reggie Bush, Tim Tebow, AD, McFadden, Leinart, Calvin Johnson...? I didn't even get to the defenses. There's a list of stellar college football players, all of whom have come through the ranks over the last few years, all of whom whichever team he ends up playing for would be absolutely thrilled if he ends up as good as. Let's save the, "He'll be worth the wait" talk until we know if that was true.

I also doubt the decision is going to be any easier the longer he waits. Once again, I can't imagine that there's any unseen data. The schools have all given their pitch, he knows who else they have coming in. At this point, he's doing little more than holding the programs hostage and drawing attention to himself. Attention that I hope for his sake, he's able to deal with.

I am not "acting like" anything and I don't know or care how special he is, nor is it really pertinent, save for the fact that 4 schools are apparently willing to wait for his decision. The fact of the matter is that this decision is probably the most important decision to date for this young man, and if he has been distracted by being a high school student / athlete and needs more time to focus on his decision, then good for him. I think he should take his time to make the right choice. Who are we to judge when he "has had enough time to decide" - Let the schools involved and him work that out.

Did I say that Michigan has superior talent right now? Pryor is not Troy Smith. Pryor is a hell of a lot closer to Vince Young. I don't think he can stand in the pocket and do what Troy Smith did, but I do think that you can put the ball in his hands and have him make plays like Young. That just won't happen at OSU. Nice job reminding us that Troy Smith beat Michigan, which has nothing to do with what I was saying. Insert more wacko image things to further prove your point.

And how does Troy Smith winning a Heisman have to do with my statement that Rich Rodriguez's offense is MUCH more conducive with Pryor's playing strength's opposed to Tressel's who proved he won't change his offense for a player. Go ahead and talk about head to head records and not actually respond to what I said. Good talk.

You did not state that Michigan has better talent right now because it would go against your belief that Pryor is better off going to UM. You did state that Michigan is a better fit. I am saying thats not completely true because there will be growing pains with this new system and they do not have near the talent OSU or PSU has right now. Not to mention they dont have the players to run his system the way he wants.

You also stated that Troy Smith became less of a factor with his legs as he got older. Less of a factor? He chose to throw. He could have ran all he wanted. He evolved. Did Pat White evolve? I would say no. Will Pryor evolve? Who knows. But I know Tressels track record with QB's is pretty good and to say he cant put an offense in to take advantage of Pryors talents is short sighted.

Mentioning Smiths record against Michigan has everything to do with your statement. One team is rising and another is falling. This is not to say that I dont think Dick Rod will turn this program around. I think he will do a fine job. But it will take a few years. A few years Pryor doesnt have.