[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan one step closer to nation's top prospect?

MTSuper7

Anyone who has Pryor's best interest in mind would tell him to go to Michigan over Ohio State. OSU's offense is not set up for a player like Pryor, and Tressel isn't going to change that. Troy Smith became less of a factor on his legs as he got older. Rich Rodriguez has the perfect system for a player like Pryor, and the offense will be tailor made more so. With that being said, if Pryor ends up at OSU, Michigan is in some serious trouble after losing Mallett.

Last time I checked players want to go to the NFL and that can also stand for "Not For Long" if you can not throw the football and take snaps from center. I think OSU has a very valid point by showing Pryor how Troy progressed from killing Michigan with his feet to killing Michigan with his arm..

Vince Young has not quite lit up in the NFL. Vince needs to learn how to be a pro QB now, because he really did not have a chance(college) to run very much pro style formations. I don't think you can sell the kid on just a running style offense from the spread because scouts want to see you take snaps from center and do 5 and 7 step drops at some point and you must be able to do both. Mcnair was that type of qb in his prime. Cpep as well till the knee.

Legs are great, but without the arm it's a waist as far as getting to the pros and I know there are a lot of factors in recruiting, but that's a huge sell.

OSU has another good spread guy with a arm and I know OSU has already started looking at another top qb. I think Henton is the future for OSU.

I know some OSU fans begining to think Pryor could be Clarett all over again..."Ouch" just saying.

Edited by sacosud

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic