[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mo McFadden hilarity

polksalet

:wacko:

Tiffany Rena Smith has filed a motion in Pulaski County court asking a judge to order Darren McFadden to take a second paternity test to determine if McFadden is the father of her nearly 4-monthold daughter.

Smith, through attorney Agather McKeel, filed a petition Jan. 18 to establish paternity and child support. In the petition, Smith stated she believed McFadden, a former All-America running back for Arkansas, was the father.

Frank Shaw, McFadden's attorney, received another motion from Smith on Tuesday that asks a judge to order Mc-Fadden to take a second DNA test to determine paternity.

McFadden, according to McKeel and Shaw, had already taken a paternity test before the first petition was filed, and the results indicated that Mc-Fadden is not the father.

"We want to treat this young lady [smith ] with class and dignity and show her the respect she deserves,"Shaw said. "We also want the public to know that the test indicated the probability of paternity is zero. But we mean no disrespect to this young lady and certainly wish her the best."

Shaw said McFadden took the first test voluntarily. He said McFadden will comply with the request for a second test.

"If it's Darren McFadden's child, he wants to know more than anyone else,"Shaw said.

McKeel said Tuesday that while the first test came back negative, it is not admissible in court.

"It was not a valid test,"McKeel said. "It was not a test that can be used in a court of law. We're filing a motion asking for a test that can be admissible and verifiable."

It is common for paternity labs to offer different levels of DNA testing, one for use of a personal nature and one for use in court.

Although the method of determining a DNA match is the same for both tests, the test that can be used in court follows stricter chain-of-evidence procedures, with more supporting documentation. The first test McFadden took was not one the courts commonly require.

Smith's daughter, Trinity Nevaeh Smith, was born Oct. 2. Tiffany Smith is listed in court documents as being a Little Rock resident.

I've heard this as well. DMac is well on his way to surpassing Travis Henry.

What a waste. What will it take for young athletes (and other young men) to figure out they're wasting the greatest role ever -- being a Dad in the true sense of the word? :wacko:

What a waste. What will it take for young athletes (and other young men) to figure out they're wasting the greatest role ever -- being a Dad in the true sense of the word? :wacko:

Amen to this sentiment. I wonder the same about Brady. I know he's only fathered 1 child (so far) but I can't help but wonder how much time (if any) he gets to spend with that child - hard to parent a child you fathered when the mother of that child probably hates your guts....and also hard to parent that child when you spend your non-football time pursuing a super model (in theory anyway). I heard an interview with Tom Brady's dad yesterday on our local media (SF Bay Area) and the one thing I wanted to ask was does he ever see his grandchild. I know what a source of joy my kids are for their grandparents - kind of a bummer if grandpa Brady only gets to be a grandpa in title only.

And please don't think of this post as an anti-Brady or Pats post...it is not...it is more of a statement of my thoughts/feelings for all those (Brady, Henry, DMac, etc, etc) who have fathered kids irresponsibly - it obviously took 2 to tango but the one who is really injured in the whole process is the kid who is sometimes gonna be lacking a good father figure...end of rant.

KO'd

Amen to this sentiment. I wonder the same about Brady. I know he's only fathered 1 child (so far) but I can't help but wonder how much time (if any) he gets to spend with that child - hard to parent a child you fathered when the mother of that child probably hates your guts....and also hard to parent that child when you spend your non-football time pursuing a super model (in theory anyway). I heard an interview with Tom Brady's dad yesterday on our local media (SF Bay Area) and the one thing I wanted to ask was does he ever see his grandchild. I know what a source of joy my kids are for their grandparents - kind of a bummer if grandpa Brady only gets to be a grandpa in title only.

And please don't think of this post as an anti-Brady or Pats post...it is not...it is more of a statement of my thoughts/feelings for all those (Brady, Henry, DMac, etc, etc) who have fathered kids irresponsibly - it obviously took 2 to tango but the one who is really injured in the whole process is the kid who is sometimes gonna be lacking a good father figure...end of rant.

KO'd

wow, you make alot of stretches in this post...