[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MRI shows Tomlinson damaged knee further vs. Pats

McBoog

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dejected as he was, he still could have tried to mentor or help out Turner and Sproles. He's the leader, he could have found a way to help out on the sidelines. He took on the role of immature child and sulked the game away...

LT sure is classy come playoff time.

Its a long season.

The guy not going above and beyond when he is hurting inside and out does not make him an immature child.

His doing so would have made him an even greater giant - not doing it though is human.

Funny... like you could know what he was feeling. I dare say that you've had occasion to feel a little introspective under far better terms.

Heck... you're calling a class guy an immature child for having felt a little down. I can't imagine you're the type to handle real world issues too well.

Yeah, he's human. Huh, imagine that.

As far as what he has done on the field, he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. If any player in the league has earned the right to act a little below perfect, he's the one - or at the very least he's on the short list.

I agree, this is a media-created controversy. Given how little the vast majority of the media has demonstrated that actually know about football, I'm surprised people would actually fall into their gambit.

:wacko: thats all i can say ..he does not have to prove anything ? sure , not to us but at same time i do not see his hand covered in SB rings ..rather i have seen silly juvenile outbursts toward belichick , him walking away when rivers went to sit next to him one game and him sitting alone during AFC championship game

yup he has done it all

How much time did you atcually see him sitting on the bench by himself?

every single time camera focused on him which was basically like 12 x and at least two quarters

Anything would be better for his team then having them see a dejected team leader. Plus they were hanging with the Pats. Its like he had no interest in the game unless he was in it..God have mercy on his soul.

see whomp has it right

Dejected as he was, he still could have tried to mentor or help out Turner and Sproles. He's the leader, he could have found a way to help out on the sidelines. He took on the role of immature child and sulked the game away...

LT sure is classy come playoff time.

and Pirates has it right as well

Edited by isleseeya

I'm sticking with my earlier post in another thread on this issue. My beef with LT isn't the fact that he didn't continue to play in the AFC Championship game. My beef is with how he reacted to the disappointment of not being able to play - sitting on the bench with his helmet on, seemingly isolating himself from his teammates during a very important game. It was so out of character for him to do that. It's true that the media may have blown this out of proportion, especially if he was interacting with his teammates and the media didn't show that. I'm only commenting on what I saw on TV.

My other comment about how the Chargers reported injuries during the week prior to the game also stands. I can no longer believe anything they say about the nature and severity of players' injuries. To be compared in the same breath with the Pats in this regard is very disappointing to me.

Its a long season.

The guy not going above and beyond when he is hurting inside and out does not make him an immature child.

His doing so would have made him an even greater giant - not doing it though is human.

Funny... like you could know what he was feeling. I dare say that you've had occasion to feel a little introspective under far better terms.

Heck... you're calling a class guy an immature child for having felt a little down. I can't imagine you're the type to handle real world issues too well.

It's not one thing that he's done to make me think he's a child. It's a lot of things. How he handled himself after the lost last year when Reche Caldwell was trying to talk to him, how he refused to sit next to Rivers as Rivers was struggling, and this right here. I'm not saying he's not an all time great player, or that he is a bad guy, but I do think he is immature.

And don't be so quick to rush to any conclusions about me. You have no idea about what I do, or how I handle myself. This is about Tomlinson, not me.

Everything that he has done on the sidelines and in press conferences has me wondering why he is so classy... Storming off the field and refusing to shake your opponents hands, basically throwing Rivers under the bus, then sulking in the first quarter equals class?

And as far as helping out Turner and Sproles... I remember Drew Bledsoe helping out Tom Brady every chance he got.

every single time camera focused on him which was basically like 12 x and at least two quarters

So that 3 minutes in a 3 hour long game led you to your assumption?If they showed 3 minutes of him talking to his teammates would you assume that is what he did the whole game?

So that 3 minutes in a 3 hour long game led you to your assumption?If they showed 3 minutes of him talking to his teammates would you assume that is what he did the whole game?

3 minutes of him sulking compared to zero minutes of him doing anything but sulking would lead us to that conclusion. That along with newspaper reports. I don't see why everyone is so quick to defend this guy all the time.

put the fishing pole away please ..and if you are not fishing thats fine , but there are facts and there are fiction ..and the fact is LT sat on the bench alone most if not all of the 2nd half ...and that is not defensible ...it can be ignored or excuses can be made , but deep down its obvious that is not the way a team leader should act

3 minutes of him sulking compared to zero minutes of him doing anything but sulking would lead us to that conclusion. That along with newspaper reports. I don't see why everyone is so quick to defend this guy all the time.

agreed and correct again

I remember reading someone questioning why he didnt play in the Colts game after he got injured.The reasoning was ,if he can stand he can play.Now he sits and people say he should stand.But if he had stood the whole game it would have been why didnt he play .No win situation.

Edited by xtra

I remember reading someone questioning why he didnt play in the Colts game after he got injured.The reasoning was ,if he can stand he can play.Now he sits and people say he should stand.But if he had stood the whole game it would have been why didnt he play .No win situation.

I can check my Tivo, but I'm fairly certain he was standing for a series or two after he re-injured his knee.

I remember reading this too. That reasoning is flawed. Standing and walking versus running and getting hit by really big, fast, strong football players are two entirely different situations. Not even close.

It's not one thing that he's done to make me think he's a child. It's a lot of things. How he handled himself after the lost last year when Reche Caldwell was trying to talk to him, how he refused to sit next to Rivers as Rivers was struggling, and this right here. I'm not saying he's not an all time great player, or that he is a bad guy, but I do think he is immature.

Everything that he has done on the sidelines and in press conferences has me wondering why he is so classy... Storming off the field and refusing to shake your opponents hands, basically throwing Rivers under the bus, then sulking in the first quarter equals class?

And as far as helping out Turner and Sproles... I remember Drew Bledsoe helping out Tom Brady every chance he got.

I agree with piratesownmomos. And it scares me a little bit. :wacko:

Tomlinson's a hell of a football player. That said, it seems like everytime something does'nt go his way, he turns into a pouting 5 year old that just got a time out. Does'nt matter how ya spin it.

And don't be so quick to rush to any conclusions about me. You have no idea about what I do, or how I handle myself. This is about Tomlinson, not me.

I am sorry if I made you think I was coming at you. That was not the point I was trying to make

I just know I can get down for far less things than busting my ass through training camp and the regular season only to come up short

I just know I can get down for far less things than busting my ass through training camp only to end up injured when my team needs me

Heck - prior to the last few years - I'd get down after a Miami loss where all I invested was my heart and enthusiasm (regular loss - not playoffs or anything)

Edited by Duchess Jack

I agree with piratesownmomos. And it scares me a little bit. :wacko:

Don't worry, this is what we call a "breakthrough" You're now starting to see everything the right way.

FF wise? You're crazy. He's about to fall off a cliff IMO.

He's top three, but strong cases can be made for Westbrook and Peterson.

I thought only Superman had x-ray vision. All I saw was a facemask, no facial expressions to show "sulking".

I linked some statements from Turner, Sproles and coaches about how he watched the offensive series and talked with Turner and Sproles about what he was seeing and giving them advice during the game in the previous "Let's pile on LT thread".

I CHALLENGE you to back this up with one thread or shread of proof that LT sat and pouted the whole game with other than what your TiVO has to say. You are still making a judgement on close up shots of what producers on game day chose to give you in a tiny piece of a 3 hour+ long event.

You, and most of the Bozo's making this assumption were not at the game and were not on the Charger sidelines.

Prove your statement with something other than "your" opinion. Link please??? :D You and all the other drama queens that are trying to make this crap up out of a few TV shots are sounding very petty.

I KNOW!!!!! I GOT IT NOW!!!!!! You are so in love with LT, that you would have preferred that the TV shots show LT standing on the sidelines instead of live game action!!!! :huh: Should have realized sooner your ghey love for the man and just had to constantly be seeing his every move. Now that you are in denial and feel betrayed, you turn your back on your biggest man crush. No wait, I've got! SPLIT SCREEN. Half LT the whole game and the other half the actual game. WOW! Just think of it, you could have taken care of business multiple times during the game and not missed a thing! :brow:

This is one, but you can read the statement quote below because you are clearly too lazy to verify or go the extra step:

Tomlinson turmoil

LaDainian Tomlinson was clearly stunned by the criticism of his not playing more than four snaps in the Chargers' AFC Championship Game loss Sunday. But he did not lash out at the people who are ripping him for letting his team down.

“I don't have big expectations and high hopes in people,” he said. “I know how they change. I'll just keep on going and see what they say next year. If we win the championship next year, we'll see then.”

One thing that was evidently not noticed by the national media or fans complaining about Tomlinson's demeanor on the sideline Sunday is that he was standing up most of the times when the offense was on the field and was talking on the bench with Michael Turner when the defense was on the field.

“I was definitely depressed,” he said. “But I was there for guys.”

:guns:

LT is a leader on that team and only Bolt fans will remember the misd-season player only meeting where LT talked about everyone making a sacrifice in their personal lives to focus better on the team... It was a while ago and I don't have time to find a better link, but here is one that eludes to it...

The Chargers trace their three-game winning streak to a team meeting in which LaDainian Tomlinson challenged everyone to sacrifice one thing--time, partying or whatever it took--and other veterans said it was up to them to finish strong.

From Sporting News :brew:

In my first post, I posted the link about the extra damage to his knee in this thread as more informational and I guess my frustration turned this into a :D trip. If you looked at the last part of my first post... the one that says "on a more serious note..." , I was trying to start a FF conjecture topic. But you get a :moon: for piling on ya' big goofball ya'!

Maybe I'm defending these guys a little more because I am a Charger fan, but I also have met some of these kids through my work when I lived in San Diego. I see what they do for the community and what is expected of them from the franchise. AJ Smith does have a "higher standard" and trouble makers are gone... FAST! There are no TOs or Pacman Jones (or Micheal Vicks) on this team. I have said that I personally prefer the antics on the field by Rivers, Merriman and the like to be backed way off, but it seems like there is an attempt to almost "criminalize" or tear these guys down. It is OK for somew guys to TD dance, but not celebrate a sack? I don't like either, but if you defend one...

LT has played through some pretty bad injuries. This one he could not play through.

The only thing that LT does NOT have in his NFL resume that he really wants is a Championship and to think that he would not have played in it if he could have is frankly the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Clearly, had the Chargers pulled the game out against the Pats, LT was done for the season and would not have played in the Super Bowl. What kind of ire do you think that would have generated? :wacko:

FF wise? You're crazy. He's about to fall off a cliff IMO.

This is what I was looking for in terms of "discussion". What do you base your IMO on?

:wacko:

McBoog..Face it bro. You like a team full of whiney , pouty crybabies. Merriman is a cheater showboating blow hard . I got no greater pleasure then seeing MJD light his tits up. LT is one of the best backs to play the game but hes a baby and Rivers is embarrasing. Rivers gutty performance opened a few eyes but he still needs to grow up. So Many coincedences surroung LT..He didnt get up in disgust when Rivers sat next to him. he was only sitting like a lump during the championship game for 30 seconds when the cameras where on him ..Come on bro..Its OK. You like a team that has a few babies on it..Its all good.

Edited by whomper