[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roger Goodell

Piranha

To me it looks like he is trying to clean up the NFL for the sole purpose of being able to sell it in untapped markets.Which makes me wonder if there was something so bad on the confiscated/destroyed tapes that it would make it harder to sell in those markets.

If so ,he is no better than what he is trying to clean up.

Edited by xtra

Kinda a bit early to tell don't you think? Probably should give him some time and see how he handles some of the upcoming issues like:

Returns on new strict policies for inappropriate behavior

Possible termination of the CBA from Tags.

Assistance to retired players that did not have the options today's players have.

Spygate and the side effects like people believing the sport is rigged.

Steroids, HGH, and the "We need to stick our hands up everyone's ass" Government

Expansion into other countries

Expansion to the schedule.

Whatever else you can think of...

Don't think a season and a half (I say half cause he didn't start until Sept 6th in 06' and had no power before then) is necessarily enough for a fair indicator.

Just as a note I am just stating some issues, not providing my side to them (well except for the feeling that the government really needs to get out of the professional sport's asses.)

Edited by Def.

(well except for the feeling that the government really needs to get out of the professional sport's asses.)

I can SOMEWHAT see the view that, given the passion that many Americans have for their pro football/baseball teams (honestly, would anyone REALLY care that much if the NHL/NBA disappeared?), there is somewhat of a "public trust" that owners and commissioners of those sports should be beholden to.

However, at this point in time, any congressperson who is f*cking around with pro sports issues should be slapped upside the head. "Hey ASS HOLE, I am PAYING you to sort out the Iraq mess, squash terrorism, and not leave my kids/grandkids with a ridiculous national debt. Go do one of those things."

I can SOMEWHAT see the view that, given the passion that many Americans have for their pro football/baseball teams (honestly, would anyone REALLY care that much if the NHL/NBA disappeared?), there is somewhat of a "public trust" that owners and commissioners of those sports should be beholden to.

However, at this point in time, any congressperson who is f*cking around with pro sports issues should be slapped upside the head. "Hey ASS HOLE, I am PAYING you to sort out the Iraq mess, squash terrorism, and not leave my kids/grandkids with a ridiculous national debt. Go do one of those things."

That's all fine and dandy but both baseball and football have anti-trust exemptions that require Congress to keep the pair of them on the radar.

Oh yeah....BTW, the biggest issue Goodell is going to have to deal with in short order is the looming 2010 "capless year" and the end of the labor agreement. That mutha is going to be very nasty.