[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats Giants fans

msaint

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks every & sorry Pats fans. I just love how every week no one gave the Giants a chance.

I can honestly say I predicted the Giants to win this game. As a matter of fact, I posted somewhere that the Giants presented the worst matchup for the Patriots because of the Giants defensive line.

I can honestly say I predicted the Giants to win this game. As a matter of fact, I posted somewhere that the Giants presented the worst matchup for the Patriots because of the Giants defensive line.

+1 But I never thought it would actually happen :D Congrat Giant Fans!!! :wacko:

I'm going to end the night with a serious post.

Congratulations to the New York Football Giants! Your playoff run was nothing short of amazing. I cheered my guts out as you snatched victory away from the Cowboys and I gazed in wonder has you battled the master on his frozen tundra.

Not many people gave you much of a chance each and every week throughout the playoff and that didn't change SuperBowl week. There were a few who picked you but I'm not sure how much heart there was behind it. Standing between the Giants and a SuperBowl ring couldn't have been a more intimidating foe. 18-0 New England Patriots, QBd by 3x SB winner, 2x SB MVP. They brought in Moss and Welker who were lights out all season has they tore the league a new one.

All the credit in the world needs to go to the Giants, their trainers, coaches and players. Not once did they look nervous, shoked or in awe. The Giants D-Line did what very few did all year, they got pressure on Brady, early and often. 7 points thru 3 qrts! Bravo.

As they watched Brady and the Pats march down the field late in the 4th and take a 4 point lead off a Moss TD they didn't lose hope. They laced them up and drove right back down the field themselves and answered with Burress' TD while not leaving enough time for even Brady todo anything with.

The Giants D line dominated all game. The Giants O line kept it together enough for Eli to feel comfortable. Eli at some point this playoff season stopped being Peyton's little brother and became ELI Manning SuperBowl Champion QB.

PS. Tuck is a beast. Him and Osi will be a terror for a while to come.

PSS. The Giants didn't just beat the AFC representative they beat possibly the best single season team of all-time, which I guess takes them out of that discussion.

There is always next year Pats fans.

I remember the shock and numb excitement when we upset the Rams in 01. That's what you'll feel now. Soak it up. Your boys simply made us look like a below average team...Brady couldn't do d*ck, O-Line couldn't handle Strahan and Co., no time, amazing pass rush. Enjoy being fans of the SB champs. It's a great feeling.

Sorry. Had to edit that stupid thumbs-up smiley face out. I'm not smiling right now. :wacko:

pure class here

Congratulations to the New York Football Giants! Your playoff run was nothing short of amazing. I cheered my guts out as you snatched victory away from the Cowboys and I gazed in wonder has you battled the master on his frozen tundra.

Not many people gave you much of a chance each and every week throughout the playoff and that didn't change SuperBowl week. There were a few who picked you but I'm not sure how much heart there was behind it. Standing between the Giants and a SuperBowl ring couldn't have been a more intimidating foe. 18-0 New England Patriots, QBd by 3x SB winner, 2x SB MVP. They brought in Moss and Welker who were lights out all season has they tore the league a new one.

All the credit in the world needs to go to the Giants, their trainers, coaches and players. Not once did they look nervous, shoked or in awe. The Giants D-Line did what very few did all year, they got pressure on Brady, early and often. 7 points thru 3 qrts! Bravo.

As they watched Brady and the Pats march down the field late in the 4th and take a 4 point lead off a Moss TD they didn't lose hope. They laced them up and drove right back down the field themselves and answered with Burress' TD while not leaving enough time for even Brady todo anything with.

The Giants D line dominated all game. The Giants O line kept it together enough for Eli to feel comfortable. Eli at some point this playoff season stopped being Peyton's little brother and became ELI Manning SuperBowl Champion QB.

PSS. The Giants didn't just beat the AFC representative they beat possibly the best single season team of all-time, which I guess takes them out of that discussion.

:wacko: Great post.

Great Game. Congrats GMen. Way to Reck it.

WAY TO GO GIANTS.

Front Row, Soop, and the rest of you Gmen fans, your Big Blue are WORLD CHAMPS. What a game.

and Belichick shows his real classless nature by running off the field before it's over.

He ran out to midfield, did the handshake thing amongst the crush of media and went to the lockerroom. There was a great deal of confusion about the need to snap the ball once more. All the offense players went into the lockerroom. I think you're trying to make something out of nothing here.

Wow. What a game. What is not to like about a super bowl game where neither team ever held more than a 4 point lead and the game isn't decided until less than a minute is left in the game.

I have long said the way to defeat the Patriots was to put Brady on the carpet ... and finally a team figured out how to execute that plan. That Giants defense was DAMN impressive and they played their hearts out. When the Giants special teams couldn't get off the field after the Giants defense stopped the Pats I thought the game might turn right there in favor of the Pats. I was sure when Brady hit Moss in the end zone with less than 2 minutes left in the game that the Pats would win. But Eli took the team down the field and made the plays when it counted. Have to give some serious props to Tyree for that catch ... he drops that ball and the Giants lose. And how did Eli NOT get sacked there?

Funny to think that at the start of the year fans in New York were screaming for Eli's head on a platter and now he's the SB MVP. Nice to see him step out of his big brother's shadow.

Wow. What a game. What is not to like about a super bowl game where neither team ever held more than a 4 point lead and the game isn't decided until less than a minute is left in the game.

I have long said the way to defeat the Patriots was to put Brady on the carpet ... and finally a team figured out how to execute that plan. That Giants defense was DAMN impressive and they played their hearts out. When the Giants special teams couldn't get off the field after the Giants defense stopped the Pats I thought the game might turn right there in favor of the Pats. I was sure when Brady hit Moss in the end zone with less than 2 minutes left in the game that the Pats would win. But Eli took the team down the field and made the plays when it counted. Have to give some serious props to Tyree for that catch ... he drops that ball and the Giants lose. And how did Eli NOT get sacked there?

Funny to think that at the start of the year fans in New York were screaming for Eli's head on a platter and now he's the SB MVP. Nice to see him step out of his big brother's shadow.

Many things went right for the Giants and wrong for the Patriots.

When you listen to BB talk on football, he always downplays every aspect of the discussion media members like to bring up. He says that what matters is how you prepare and how you play on Sunday.

The Giants obviously prepared better than the Patriots, if only on the single aspect of how to best utilize their defensive front seven compared to the Patriots game plan to stop that same group. When the plays needed to be made, on the line or in the secondary, the Giants made them.

Big kudos to the Giants. They deserve this.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Thanks to both teams for giving us a great game to watch.

Giants did what every other team was to chickensh*t to do all year: play aggressive D the whole game. Giants D was true MVP, though Eli was pretty darn impressive. Giants just seemed to want it more.

I'm sure we have not seen the last of the Pats in the Superbowl.

Gonna post this here as well, more Giants fans seam to have found this thread, and they deserve to be congratulated...

Congrats to the Giants and the Giants fans. I know you how feel this morning, as I'm sure it's similar to how Pat's fans felt waking up after beating the Rams.

I'm glad there is no room for excuses. Refs didn't play a part. Players were healthy. Nothing weird or questionable happened. The better team won the game.

I'm proud of the overall season, but that means nothing today. Patriots were out-coached, out-hussled, out-hit, out-blocked and out-played all around. That's the most disapointing thing. I really thought the coaching staff would come up with something, both on O and D. And they didn't. They didn't have an answer for the Giants D line, and couldn't get consistant pressure on Eli at all. You lose the trenches, you lose the game. I had hoped to see something along the lines of the Eagles SB where the D came out in a 4-3 and confused the Eagles for most of the first half. Maybe a 4-2-5, with Vrabel and Thomas the two LBs, and sitting Seau and Bruschi. But the coaching staff played it very close to the vest, and didn't make the necessary adjustments.

Again, congrats to the Giants fans here, enjoy the great feeling of being the huge underdog and pulling the upset, there's nothing quite like it.

Thank you for this post. :wacko:

Sorry I'm a late arrival to the party. Was in Vegas for the big game and returned last night. Not much to add that hasn't already been said but I wanted to offer congratulations to the Giants and their fans for what was a very impressive performance Sunday night. Funny thing about the game is that the Giants deserved to win, were better prepared, and executed their game plan better than the Pats, yet they needed a miracle play to pull it off. Imagine what would have been said had Eli not pulled a Houdini on the sack and Tyree hadn't gone Belitnikoff with the hands?? The press would have continued to praise Tom Brady for his ability to take the Pats down the field and the Pats defense for playing very well when the offense wasn't at its best, etc....Maybe this is for the best. Arrogance goeth before the fall and I think that way too many people (pseudo fans, media, et al) felt that the Pats really were invincible. As a true fan, I really hope that this defeat supplies motivation to an already very talented team to get back here next year as opposed to a karmic disaster that precludes a dreary future.

I'm not even sure how to feel honestly. My daughter came in and gave me a hug this morning and she knew I was hurting. All the time and effort spent on the dream of an undefeated season wretched away in an instant. Reminded me of 2003 when the Sox got beat by Aaron Boone's HR. I was numb for a week. Maybe the same will happen this week, although with the success the local sports teams have had recently, it might be a little less devastating.

Overall, I guess I'm just sad.

"Funny thing about the game is that the Giants deserved to win, were better prepared, and executed their game plan better than the Pats, yet they needed a miracle play to pull it off. Imagine what would have been said had Eli not pulled a Houdini on the sack and Tyree hadn't gone Belitnikoff with the hands?? The press would have continued to praise Tom Brady for his ability to take the Pats down the field and the Pats defense for playing very well when the offense wasn't at its best, etc"

thats what hurts the most....

"Funny thing about the game is that the Giants deserved to win, were better prepared, and executed their game plan better than the Pats, yet they needed a miracle play to pull it off. Imagine what would have been said had Eli not pulled a Houdini on the sack and Tyree hadn't gone Belitnikoff with the hands?? The press would have continued to praise Tom Brady for his ability to take the Pats down the field and the Pats defense for playing very well when the offense wasn't at its best, etc"

thats what hurts the most....

Or If McDaniels wouldn't of lost his damned mind.