[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats Giants fans

msaint

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a Jets fan and from NY, I had to root for the G-Men. I had this crazy feeling they were gonna pull it off despite the fact I was completely surrounded by Pats fans. So to rub it in their face I went all in on fantazsports.com and cleaned house. It really added insult to injury and was see the look on their faces while I was jumping up and down like a mad men. Needless to say, my buds haven't spoken to me since. :D:moon::guns::wacko::D

Reminded me of 2003 when the Sox got beat by Aaron Boone's HR. I was numb for a week. Maybe the same will happen this week, although with the success the local sports teams have had recently, it might be a little less devastating.

Overall, I guess I'm just sad.

As a sports fan I've never been the same since. I won't live and die with any team anymore. I'll root for them like crazy and I was bummed out that the Pats lost, but :wacko: it's a game.

As a sports fan I've never been the same since. I won't live and die with any team anymore. I'll root for them like crazy and I was bummed out that the Pats lost, but :wacko: it's a game.

me too..after the 2003 Sox, i havent been the same as a sports fan, and i know why.

in '03 the Sox hadn't won a WS yet and that 7th game loss was a killer emotionally

and it felt like they never would win one...i'm more emotionaly involved with baseball than with football

and i was in a funk for months after that loss....i told myself, 'self, don't ever sell your soul to another

sports team.' .....football has always been a passion, but i was preparing myself, at times, last week

in case the Patriots lost (thats why they play the game...one game at a time...blah blah)

thats why i found the entire season draining...each week the pressure mounted and it got worse

as they kept winning! (lol) but true. and yeh, i'm bummed for sure, but i feel more bummed for the players,

hell, they did all the work, i wanted it more for them.

As a sports fan I've never been the same since. I won't live and die with any team anymore. I'll root for them like crazy and I was bummed out that the Pats lost, but :D it's a game.

Thats some weak doo doo right there. :moon:

Got me a shiny new Kevin Boss jersey today, and a few other momentos. :D

Long live the die hard TRUE heart and soul fans of every franchise in every sport.

My :wacko:

Thats some weak doo doo right there. :D

Got me a shiny new Kevin Boss jersey today, and a few other momentos. :D

Long live the die hard TRUE heart and soul fans of every franchise in every sport.

My :wacko:

I was thinking the same thing... If the Packers aren't playing, I can't get get emotionally into it.

Only one person to blame for this loss... :wacko:

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02...blame/#comments

:D

Lemme c&p for the lazy:

"

Ummm, you left out the real reason the Pats lost: the Karma Gods punished you because:

1. Cheaters never win. This historic soul crushing loss was just the down payment on what you’re owed for stealing the Superbowl in 2002. Not to mention all the other things we have yet to find out about. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

2. The team was too arrogant: “We’re only going to score 17 points?” “4th and thirteen, we’re the best go for it.” “Hey Toomer wanna come to our victory party?”

3. The team was too dirty: Vrable leg whipping Rivers. Wilfork trying to cripple Losman with an elbow to the knee see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3POT8n2Qk3g

4. The Boston fans had it coming. Born losers turned winners are by nature insufferable. But the Pats fans made it that much more annoying by maintaining a self-righteousness that bordered on lunacy.

Face it God punished you.

— Posted by Babe's Ghost"

:wacko:

Lemme c&p for the lazy:

"

Ummm, you left out the real reason the Pats lost: the Karma Gods punished you because:

1. Cheaters never win. This historic soul crushing loss was just the down payment on what you’re owed for stealing the Superbowl in 2002. Not to mention all the other things we have yet to find out about. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

2. The team was too arrogant: “We’re only going to score 17 points?” “4th and thirteen, we’re the best go for it.” “Hey Toomer wanna come to our victory party?”

3. The team was too dirty: Vrable leg whipping Rivers. Wilfork trying to cripple Losman with an elbow to the knee see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3POT8n2Qk3g

4. The Boston fans had it coming. Born losers turned winners are by nature insufferable. But the Pats fans made it that much more annoying by maintaining a self-righteousness that bordered on lunacy.

Face it God punished you.

— Posted by Babe's Ghost"

Yeah, the emboldened, anonymous commenters on these blogs are always priceless. :D

me too..after the 2003 Sox, i havent been the same as a sports fan, and i know why.

in '03 the Sox hadn't won a WS yet and that 7th game loss was a killer emotionally

and it felt like they never would win one...i'm more emotionaly involved with baseball than with football

and i was in a funk for months after that loss....i told myself, 'self, don't ever sell your soul to another

sports team.' ....

1992 Pirates. NLCS Game 7. Broke my heart completely, I've watched maybe 5 baseball games since then. I feel your pain.