[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Classless!

Shorttynaz

It WAS classless for Belichick to run off the field before the game was over. I recall Moss being ripped to shreads a few years ago for doing the same thing. It was almost as if he wanted to take the moment way from the Giants. He knew that another play had to be run. How many other coaches in the Super Bowl left the field before the final whistle? NONE.

I am guessing that the reporter who had to interview Belichick outside their lockeroom must have drawn the short straw. Mumbles was in classic form.

It WAS classless for Belichick to run off the field before the game was over. I recall Moss being ripped to shreads a few years ago for doing the same thing. It was almost as if he wanted to take the moment way from the Giants. He knew that another play had to be run. How many other coaches in the Super Bowl left the field before the final whistle? NONE.

EXACTLY what I was referring to!

:wacko:

I thought it was kind of classless too, but in his defense, it was a somewhat awkward situation. He thought the game was offically over and after you go all the way across the field to congratulate the winning coach, it doesn't make a lot of sense to then go back to your sideline for a 1 second kneel down play and have to do it all over again.

The NFL, IMO, should have allowed the Pats to in essence "concede" that last one second to avoid the confusion, etc... in which case no one would be saying Belichik was classless and what-not.

I thought it was kind of classless too, but in his defense, it was a somewhat awkward situation. He thought the game was offically over and after you go all the way across the field to congratulate the winning coach, it doesn't make a lot of sense to then go back to your sideline for a 1 second kneel down play and have to do it all over again.

The NFL, IMO, should have allowed the Pats to in essence "concede" that last one second to avoid the confusion, etc... in which case no one would be saying Belichik was classless and what-not.

Good info here, except the legion of jerks around here would say he was classless if he was giving away gold bars to the poor.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

They should have just let the clock run out. Nobody would have bitched about it. The NFL really needs to look into this and let the scorekeeper let the clock run out when it's meaningless. I'm not sticking up for Belichick in the least, but maybe that's what he thought they'd do.

They should have just let the clock run out. Nobody would have bitched about it. The NFL really needs to look into this and let the scorekeeper let the clock run out when it's meaningless. I'm not sticking up for Belichick in the least, but maybe that's what he thought they'd do.

Didn't the Eagles lose a game on a fumbled snap while killing the clock ?? Or did they win it, I'm confusing myself.

Here come the spin doctors. Funny, he's so brilliant, but didn't know there was still time on the clock? I don't buy into that for one second. He knew what he was doing. Of course, we all know how much he likes the handshake after a loss, don't we? He's always been very classy about that.

Here come the spin doctors. Funny, he's so brilliant, but didn't know there was still time on the clock? I don't buy into that for one second. He knew what he was doing. Of course, we all know how much he likes the handshake after a loss, don't we? He's always been very classy about that.

Also, if you watch the replay, the official was actually telling him as he was walking over to Coughlin. He didn't want to hear any of it.

I don't think it is THAT big of a deal, but, he should have stayed out there, in my opinion.

Didn't the Eagles lose a game on a fumbled snap while killing the clock ?? Or did they win it, I'm confusing myself.

Eagles beat the NYG when Joe Pisarcik muffed a handoff to Larry Csonka while running out the clock ... Herm Edwards (I think) returned the fumble for a game-winning score. One week later, and ever since, all NFL teams kneel down the QB while running out the clock, rather than risking a handoff.

Edited by ts

Au contraire.

I'm definitely NOT a spin doctor - not for the Pats and certainly not for Belichik. As a Colts fan, I dislike the team and dislike Belichik immensely. I'm just callin' it like I see it and in this instance, I do see some gray. Not all black and white on this one.

Yeah, it would have been humiliating to have to run back over to your sideline for a kneel, but then again he humiliated teams all season long...

Maybe now the annoying pats fans and the annoying pats haters can quiet down around here.

Also, if you watch the replay, the official was actually telling him as he was walking over to Coughlin. He didn't want to hear any of it.

I don't think it is THAT big of a deal, but, he should have stayed out there, in my opinion.

I think it does say a lot. You finish the game.

Look at all the whiners about this coach being classless...Freakin hilarious! :D

Again, he congratulated the other coach and left the field. 1 second left or not....big deal. :wacko:

Wurd, I can only hope my wife's sewing circle is more manly than this whining thread.