[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else impressed with the officiating?

MTSuper7

So if the chances of Gostkowski making the FG are 40-50% from that range, did BB think that the chances of converting a 4th and 13 (given how the Giants' D had been playing to that point) were better than 50/50? Now if it was 4th and 2, this isn't so bad. But 4th and 13??? Sorry, but that was a lousy coaching decision. The fact that they ended up losing by a FG only adds to the impact.

Hmm. I guess you guys missed that kickoff he SHANKED out of bounds minutes earlier...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall a missed call on a sack to Brady... he came down from above and kinda slugged him in the helmet with his forearms.

incidental sure, but still a missed call

That was going both ways as I referred to earlier with Seymour. I also remember a play where Harrison made a tackle and then where it looked like he could have just gotten up he crawled all over the guy...looked like he was shoving his knees into him as he was getting up. Seymour was a bit more blatant, it looked to me like he was throwing hay makers into Bradshaw while he had him down. Not saying that's what happened, but that's what it looked like & the ref made a point to grab him & chew him out.

At first blush, it looked like the Pats guy had it clean, but there was another angle that clearly showed, to me anyway, that the ball was never 100% within the Pats' guy's grasp and that it seemed to moving when Bradshaw ripped it away.

What he said.

Always good to see the officials let the best team win in a superbowl. :D

:wacko:

I thought the officiating was really good. I'm especially proud of San Diego's own Mike Carey, the first African-American referee in Superbowl history. He did a great job!! :wacko:

Edited by Chargerz

I have to admit, I was impressed with Carey and crew. They let the players decide it and that is all I ask. The interesting thing is that my perception of Carey is that his crew throw too many flags usually, but he and hte rest of the zebras kept out of the limelight in the big game. Excellent job in my opinion.

Edited by rattsass

Anybody see the ref chewing out Seymour after he was giving a little extracurricular activity to Bradshaw after a play? Then he went over to Bradshaw in the huddle for a couple of words as well.

there was a lot of smacktalk going on, certainly from seymour...but to your point, bradshaw seemed to be spouting off after every single run to whoever was on top of him or nearby. just the heat of the battle, i guess, but the kid's clearly a yapper.

Biggest issues i had with the Refs was the 2 virtual timeouts they gave the Giants on the final drive of the game with the stoppage of the clock on back to back plays to measure what was a most evident 3rd down and 1st down. Had they let time run, the Giants finished the game with a TD with 25 ticks on the clock and NO timeouts. It would have been interesting to see how much time would have elapsed had they let the time run as they should.

It does when you look like absolute poopye it warm-ups, then top it off with your FIRST kick of the game out of bounds...

SECOND kick

ETA: And they made a point of showing Gostkowski hitting a long field goal in pregame warm ups.

ETA.2: Why do I bother?

ETA.3: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...skis_ran_8.html

ETA.4: I can't help myself.

Edited by Sturphy

Yeah. That would be a hugh issue if there wasn't a timeout after every change of possession.

Ssshhhhh. Don't ever let facts get in the way of what could have been building up to a long held grudge.

SECOND kick

ETA: And they made a point of showing Gostkowski hitting a long field goal in pregame warm ups.

ETA.2: Why do I bother?

ETA.3: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...skis_ran_8.html

ETA.4: I can't help myself.

Hmm. BB has won 3 SBs by KICKING FGs. You would think the man knows what he is doing by now. He obviously wasn't confident in Gostkowski's ability to hit from that distance. You know, it probably had something to do with the fact that he never has made one from that distance. AND the FACT that he choked on a simple kickoff. EVERY kicker makes them in warmups.

Quite frankly I'll take the "no confidence in the kicker" argument over the "BB is stupid" argument every time...

Nice try though...

Hmm. BB has won 3 SBs by KICKING FGs. You would think the man knows what he is doing by now. He obviously wasn't confident in Gostkowski's ability to hit from that distance. You know, it probably had something to do with the fact that he never has made one from that distance. AND the FACT that he choked on a simple kickoff. EVERY kicker makes them in warmups.

Quite frankly I'll take the "no confidence in the kicker" argument over the "BB is stupid" argument every time...

Nice try though...

My argument was more "ROYAL is talking out his butt" than anything Pats oriented.