[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McCarthy gets his deal!

Piranha-z

Nothing out on ESPN or Packers.com, but got an alert on my ESPN MVP account. I love Verizon!!!

Anyway, this is well deserved. I thought he did a great job this year and look forward to the upcoming years.

OK, it's out there now.

McCarthy

Edited by Piranha-z

They're going to be favorites in the NFC North, and his young team will only mature. I see him coming back for at least one more year. He's too close and having too much fun.

I would have to agree with you, but I could also see Rodgers getting thrown in there and doing pretty decent as well. Young team now with a lot of talent. I hate to say it, but Rodgers would fit right in and prosper with the talent they have now imo.

I would like to see Favre another year though.

I would have to agree with you, but I could also see Rodgers getting thrown in there and doing pretty decent as well. Young team now with a lot of talent. I hate to say it, but Rodgers would fit right in and prosper with the talent they have now imo.

I would like to see Favre another year though.

I really want to see what Rodgers has, but at the same time, he'll have to quit doing his best Mr.Glass impersonation every time he gets on the field.

With the depth we already have through the draft, TT better come out of free agency with more than Frank fn Walker.

What free agent that was out there was worth it? Justin Griffith was the only realistic player, but he signed a day before his Green Bay visit. You shouldn't spend money just to spend money... Dan Snyder take note.

I really want to see what Rodgers has, but at the same time, he'll have to quit doing his best Mr.Glass impersonation every time he gets on the field.

What free agent that was out there was worth it? Justin Griffith was the only realistic player, but he signed a day before his Green Bay visit. You shouldn't spend money just to spend money... Dan Snyder take note.

I agree. I'm just saying that this year will hopefully be different since we have more depth, we really only have one FA to potentially resign, and there are better FAs out there (Allen, Gay, Trufant, Wilson, Faneca). Kawika Mitchell would be a pretty nice pickup to go with Barnett and Hawk.

I agree. I'm just saying that this year will hopefully be different since we have more depth, we really only have one FA to potentially resign, and there are better FAs out there (Allen, Gay, Trufant, Wilson, Faneca). Kawika Mitchell would be a pretty nice pickup to go with Barnett and Hawk.

Jered Allen in my mind is a pipe dream in my opinion. I think we have a serviceable duo of Jenkins and KGB who both cost a nice amount of coin. I don't see TT dropping the money on an area that isn't in need.

I also doubt we'll see Faneca as we have an extremely young line that looked awesome as the year progressed.

I also think someone will give Trufant, Gay and Wilson starting gigs which I'm not so sure they'd get in Green Bay.

Jared Allen is a restricted FA this year. Chiefs will franchise tag him if they don't sign him or trade him. Allen came out on the radio today to say if the Chiefs slap the tag on him and don't sign him to a long term deal, he WILL NOT sign with them after this next season.

Gonna be an interesting offseason for him. My money is on the Chiefs signing him.

The other caveat of this is if they can work out a trade for him. Chiefs need a lot of depth, and may not be a bad idea to parlay him into a first round pick.

Jared Allen is a restricted FA this year. Chiefs will franchise tag him if they don't sign him or trade him. Allen came out on the radio today to say if the Chiefs slap the tag on him and don't sign him to a long term deal, he WILL NOT sign with them after this next season.

Gonna be an interesting offseason for him. My money is on the Chiefs signing him.

The other caveat of this is if they can work out a trade for him. Chiefs need a lot of depth, and may not be a bad idea to parlay him into a first round pick.

I see him re-signing as well.

Not sure about that. Chicago was the favorite coming into this season.

Wouldnt surprise me if GB doesnt make the playoffs next yr and mirrors New Orleans this yr.

Being the favorites coming in doesn't mean that they're a lock to win it.

As far as the New Orleans comparison, it doesn't hold water with me. New Orleans is an offensive powerhouse with a lackluster defense... Green Bay has the passing game, running game and a seriously stout defense.

Do they really have either of those 3.

Pass defense ranked 12th, and improving

Running game wasn't their strong suit, but it was there when they needed it. They are a pass heavy team.

As far as Favre and the passing game, I think it's a sin to even use Favre and that other guy you mentioned in the same sentence. :D

But as you stated, it's your :wacko: worth.

Do they really have either of those 3.

The pass defense was exposed by the better teams this yr. Al Harris especially. They couldnt get pressure with their DL in those big games either

The running game was more teams trying to take away the pass. How did Grant do against NY when it mattered. What about vs Dallas outside of 1 long run.

And the passing game depends on how desperate Brett Favre feels. He clearly still makes Rex Grossman plays in Big games.

And I think you validated my point above. GB will be the favorite coming in, but I dont see them winning the division next yr.

If Favre has any slippage next yr, which I think is very possible, this team wont bench him, and could be the Bears of 06-07.

Yes

When was the pass defense exposed outside of the Dallas game and the second Giants game?

How did the running game do the week before the Giants game? And how are you expected to run against Dallas when you're chasing them early? Again, look at Grant's numbers from the day he started.

Your point is insane as you base everything off of the cowboys game and the giants playoff game, while failing to include the rest of the season... Using your logic we could say that Randy Moss and Tom Brady are not going to do much next year as they didn't do much in the playoffs... :wacko:

for the first time since the Holmgren/Wolfe era we have a great coach and g.m.

I don't know that I'd slap the "great" tag on either one of them yet, but the early returns are promising.

Not sure about that. Chicago was the favorite coming into this season.

Wouldnt surprise me if GB doesnt make the playoffs next yr and mirrors New Orleans this yr.

Thanks for chiming in, Sarge.