[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss & Brady

Vinatieri Is God

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't show my face either after that performance. Plus they know nobody will be watching anyway......

Brady's legitimately injured. Not sure what Moss's excuse is - maybe he doesn't like to fly alone.

what is the injury? his shoulder? cause that was what was listed on the injury report for the SB(nothing was listed about the ankle)

here is the report:

Following is a list of injured players on Friday, February 1, for Super Bowl XLII (February 3), as released by the NFL to the media:

Following is a list of quarterback injuries for Super Bowl XLII:

* New England Patriots Probable Tom Brady (right shoulder)

NEW YORK GIANTS vs. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

NEW YORK GIANTS

Status Report:

* QUESTIONABLE WR Plaxico Burress (ankle, knee)

* PROBABLE CB Kevin Dockery (hip flexor), G Rich Seubert (knee), DE Osi Umenyiora (thigh)

Practice Report:

DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE

* Wednesday WR Plaxico Burress (ankle)

* Thursday WR Plaxico Burress (ankle, knee)

* Friday WR Plaxico Burress (ankle, knee), DE Osi Umenyiora (thigh)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE

* Wednesday CB Kevin Dockery (hip flexor), G Rich Seubert (knee)

FULL PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE

* Thursday CB Kevin Dockery (hip flexor), G Rich Seubert (knee)

* Friday CB Kevin Dockery (hip flexor), G Rich Seubert (knee)

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Status Report:

* PROBABLE QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)

Practice Report:

LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE

* Wednesday WR Jabar Gaffney (shoulder)

* Thursday WR Jabar Gaffney (shoulder)

FULL PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE

* Wednesday QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)

* Thursday QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)

* Friday QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)

Edited by keggerz

Moss played well, considering how the offense went away from him...

I heard he hurt his ankle in the 4th.

The defense forced them to throw quick and underneath alot,I dont think it was that they went away from him so much as he was taken away.

I don't fault any player not going after making this far during what had to be a grinding season. Non story if ask me.

Do they have to? Not in the least.

Would staying home be wicked tempting in this situation? Certainly.

Would it be classier to go? Yep.

Suck it up, go to the all star game, hang out at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, tip your hat to the Giants, make a cameo, talk to fans in the stands, cheer from the sideline ... THAT's what they would have done if they'd won, it's what they should do if they lose.

real question: do you think they would have gone if they won the SB?

I don't believe they would have with the injuries they sustained, no. Ankles for both of them. At first I thought they should still go and just not play, but that would be unfair to someone who can take their spot and still play. I think it is a classy move.

The Pro Bowl, like all all-star games, is a meaningless farce that does little for any of the players except give them an opportunity to get injured.

Again - I'm no fan of the Pats and can find plenty of reasons not to like them, but I don't blame Brady & Moss for ditching the game one bit.

I don't believe they would have with the injuries they sustained, no. Ankles for both of them. At first I thought they should still go and just not play, but that would be unfair to someone who can take their spot and still play. I think it is a classy move.

Ok, fair enough but then i have to ask about the ankle injuries....as was said earlier in this thread Moss looked fine running on the last play of the game but lets give him a pass and say he tweaked it or whatever...what about Tom's ankle? He was listed on the SB injury report for his SHOULDER and NOT his ANKLE....or is that just BB screwing with things again? I mean was the ankle an issue or not? On the final roll out it sure looked fine.

I can only guess that you haven't played any high level competitive athletics or you would understand the difference between playing through an injury in the biggest game of your life vs a meaningless all star game.

The fact that Brady wasn't on the report before the Super Bowl is completely irrelevant. That report is a complete joke and Belichick enjoys the gamesmanship that it lends itself to. Why else would Brady be listed with the shoulder every single week?

I don't hold it against them. Not every interviewer is going to be asking respectful questions, and it'd be easy to get in a situation where you aren't putting forward a positive image of yourself or your team. I'd avoid all media like the plague for several months.

I can only guess that you haven't played any high level competitive athletics or you would understand the difference between playing through an injury in the biggest game of your life vs a meaningless all star game.

The fact that Brady wasn't on the report before the Super Bowl is completely irrelevant. That report is a complete joke and Belichick enjoys the gamesmanship that it lends itself to. Why else would Brady be listed with the shoulder every single week?

I have played high level competitive athletics(baseball thru college, and actually attended an open tryout for the Phils)...I dont doubt that Brady has an ankle issue but I think this just adds to the fact that BB snubs his nose at the injury report and I guess that is/was my point about the ankle being the reason for bowing out.

Hmmm... Seems like they shouldn't have an option in my opinion, unless they are willing to part with whatever bonuses they may have earned by making the Pro Bowl. Not sure either of them earned a bonus for making the pro bowl, but shame on them for skipping one of the highest honors of their profession because they just didn't feel up to it. And whatever minor injuries they might have are irrelevant because they could play one series and be done anyway...

Jerks. :wacko:

:D